If you got Dish Notwork here's what you're missing..

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

If you got Dish Notwork here's what you're missing..

Post by abc789987 »

Thank you for your interest in our St. Louis Blues telecasts. This season, FOX Sports Midwest increased the number of Blues games it is televising and will show an all-time high 74 Blues games. The additional games have been made available to local cable and satellite system carriers. Most distributors have decided to carry all the games, but a few have not, including Dish Network in the St. Louis area. If you are one of their customers, you may miss the following games:

Thursday Oct. 15 at Phoenix 9 p.m. FSMW HD
Friday Oct. 23 Minnesota 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Wednesday Oct. 28 at Carolina 6 p.m. FSMW
Thursday Oct. 29 Phoenix 7 p.m. FSMW HD

Thursday Nov. 5 Calgary 7:30 p.m. FSMW HD
Sunday Nov. 8 at Atlanta 4 p.m. FSMW
Thursday Nov. 12 Nashville 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Monday Nov. 23 Boston 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Saturday Nov. 28 Detroit 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Monday Nov. 30 at Columbus 6 p.m. FSMW

Monday Dec. 7 Colorado 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Wednesday Dec. 9 at Detroit 6:30 p.m. FSMW HD
Friday Dec. 11 Edmonton 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Friday Dec. 18 Tampa Bay 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Saturday Dec. 26 at Minnesota 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Sunday Dec. 27 Buffalo 5 p.m. FSMW HD
Tuesday Dec. 29 Nashville 7 p.m. FSMW HD

Saturday Jan. 2 Chicago 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Tuesday Jan. 12 Columbus 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Saturday Jan. 16 NY Rangers 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Wednesday Jan. 20 at Montreal 6:30 p.m. FSMW
Monday Jan. 25 at Calgary 8:30 p.m. FSMW
Wednesday Jan. 27 at Vancouver 9 p.m. FSMW

Wednesday Feb. 3 at Chicago 7:30 p.m. FSMW
Thursday Feb. 4 San Jose 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Friday Feb. 12 Toronto 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Saturday Feb. 13 Washington 7 p.m. FSMW HD

Tuesday Mar. 2 at Phoenix 8 p.m. FSMW HD
Thursday Mar. 11 at NY Islanders 6 p.m. FSMW
Thursday Mar. 18 at NY Rangers 6 p.m. FSMW
Saturday Mar. 20 at New Jersey 6 p.m. FSMW
Wednesday Mar. 24 at Detroit 6:30 p.m. FSMW HD
Thursday Mar. 25 Los Angeles 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Saturday Apr. 3 Dallas 7 p.m. FSMW HD
Wednesday Apr. 7 at Chicago 7:30 p.m. FSMW
link
Last edited by abc789987 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: If you got Dish Notwork here's what you're missing..

Post by tsblue »

I have dish and I am not missing any of this...I have no idea wtf you are talking about. Update... Oops, I get it, I was not paying attention.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Blues game not on Dish Network tonight
By Dan Caesar
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/15/2009

A financial dispute between Fox Sports Midwest and Dish Network has led the satellite provider to discontinue showing up to 35 of the Blues' remaining 71 telecasts scheduled for FSM, beginning with tonight's game in Phoenix, until a settlement is reached.

The Blues dropped KPLR (Channel 11) from their local TV package this year and moved all their telecasts this season to FSM, increasing that outlet's schedule from 51 to 74 games. In turn, it has insisted on a rate increase for the cable/satellite systems that carry it's signal.

Deals have been reached with Charter cable, AT&T U-Verse and DirecTV. But an impasse remains with Dish Network and MediaCom, which has many customers in central and southwest Missouri, as well as parts of Iowa and central Illinois.

A source said the sides are far apart.

"Fox Sports Midwest is the home of St. Louis Blues hockey, but we need our local cable and satellite providers to offer all the games to their customers,'' FSM said in a statement. "We’re working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible.’’

One source said the sides are far apart.

For more on this story, read Friday's Post-Dispatch and visit STLtoday.com on Friday.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

tsblue wrote:I have dish and I am not missing any of this...I have no idea wtf you are talking about. Update... Oops, I get it, I was not paying attention.
yeah i prob should have explained more. i'm still pissed so...
i made it clearerere now.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

IMO, Dish looks like big losers for letting it get to the day of the first game to be missed before people knew about this. I'd be pissed if I was a Dish subscriber.

And it really makes the Versus/DirecTV thing look tiny in comparison. I mean, who really watches VS on a regular basis for the national games? Unless it's the Blues, I tend to forget that VS even broadcasts hockey, other than in the playoffs. (This could be due to Center Ice of course.)

I thought Dish had a business relationship with the Blues, too. In-game replays are Dish-sponsored (or have been in the past), and there are/were Dish ads on the dasher boards. In prime real estate too, right behind the nets. This all just smells like a big Dishfail, especially considering Charter, DirecTV and others have apparently re-upped at higher premiums with FSMW.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

I beyond pissed off right now.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Charter sucks charter sucks charter sucks... And... Oh wait, no... Wow, having Charter this year has really been the way to go.

If this happened to me I would freak the f••• out. I would be pissed.

KC Express
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KC Express »

This doesn't seem like news to me, because Dish Network is run by a group of retarded chimpanzees. Not to digress, but as far as I'm concerned Dish Network can suck my ass for days. When I canceled that BS in '01, my final bill was 51.08. I wrote them a check for 51.08. Unbenknownst to me, they couldn't read my writing because they're illiterate d-bags, and they cashed my check for 51.00. I am therefore the only person in the history of mankind to be sent to collections over 8 cents. I always knew they were complete shitbuckets, but this confirms it.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

I got the game. The pregame show just said Dish Network could not view it.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

SIU LAW wrote:I got the game. The pregame show just said Dish Network could not view it.
yeah, pre-game is still on for me. we will see what happens when they drop the puck.

Bernie Federko
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
Location: Outside Curt's window, checking out his cabinets and flooring.

Post by Bernie Federko »

Little known fact: Darren Pang owns a controlling interest in Dish Network. True story.
BUY SOME GODDAMN CABINETS!

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Lemme get this straight. I can't watch those games, I can't buy Center Ice to watch those games, and I could watch those games with any other system?

Yeah, sounds like breach of contract to me. I'll be calling Dish tomorrow and letting them know such. Glad I haven't paid for Center Ice yet.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

VictorManthing
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by VictorManthing »

we were able to get out of our contract since we were in our 30 day window. Looks like we'll be switching to DirectTV!
Let's Go Blooze!!!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I was told that people can voice their concerns and have their questions answered by emailing: midwest@foxsports.net

This is a really crappy deal for Blues fans. Someone needs to make this right.

And hockey fans in general are getting screwed by money hungry corporate America this season...especially in St. Louis. :roll:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I have nothing to say to Fox Sports. Dish made the decision not to pay the fee. That's who gets my money; therefore, that's who gets the call. Either they fix it or I bolt. I bet DirectTV would probably pay me to join for as much money as I spend on TV coverage.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:I have nothing to say to Fox Sports. Dish made the decision not to pay the fee. That's who gets my money; therefore, that's who gets the call. Either they fix it or I bolt. I bet DirectTV would probably pay me to join for as much money as I spend on TV coverage.
Yeah, I'd call up Dish and demand free Center Ice or something...surely they would give it to you. That wouldn't get you Blues games, but at least you'd get a lot of hockey.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

cprice12 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:I have nothing to say to Fox Sports. Dish made the decision not to pay the fee. That's who gets my money; therefore, that's who gets the call. Either they fix it or I bolt. I bet DirectTV would probably pay me to join for as much money as I spend on TV coverage.
Yeah, I'd call up Dish and demand free Center Ice or something...surely they would give it to you. That wouldn't get you Blues games, but at least you'd get a lot of hockey.
I did that last night, the customer retention told me of my 24 month contract (7 months into) and said that the cancellation of Blues hockey was not a valid reason to request free cancellation.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
I did that last night, the customer retention told me of my 24 month contract (7 months into) and said that the cancellation of Blues hockey was not a valid reason to request free cancellation.
That's their opinion. I'd let them know that if they decided to enforce that they can explain their side of the story in small claims court when they try to regain their money. I'd tell a judge that their inability to give what amounts to standard pay television coverage for this part of the country amounts to breach of contract.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
That's insanely stupid.
If I signed up for Dishnetwork service, and one of the reasons I signed up for that service was because of a specific channel or specific events on their service, and then to have them remove that service 7 months into a 2 year contract, to me...they are in breach of contract.
But I am sure they have it written into their contract that they can change channels and services at any time they want...which is horrible customer service.

Man...I would be giving someone an earful. And I'd call back every damn day until something was done to either cancel my account without penalty, or I was given lots of free stuff (Center Ice or Movie stations, etc.)

Don't let these asshats bully you guys. This shit isn't fair. I kept calling DirecTV until I got free Center Ice because of the whole Versus thing.
If the person you are talking to can't help you, ask to talk to their supervisor. Be persistent and calm, but not belligerent.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

I called again. They are blaming FSMW for the price increase. It pisses the hell out of me that they didn't say shit about this until now. Wasn't it announced early summer that the televised number of games would jump dramatically? Why the (Frank) are we hearing about this now?

:doh:

I did get an e-mail address for you to bich about dish network coverage of FSMW Blues games.

feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com