Conklin or Mason

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: Conklin or Mason

Post by Battra »

SIU LAW wrote:I love it when you break out terms like “logical fallacies” in an attempt to sound highly cerebral, but then make the hilarious arguments that highlight this thread and others.
I don't break out any terms to sound any way. I respond to childish insults like yours, with grown up language. I find that lowering myself to the level of of a third grader, is well, beneath me, ya know?

I've found over the forums I've been on, that those that yell the loudest, have the least to say. I enjoy poking back and forth with people like you, SIU LAW. You make me laugh. :)

You see, I don't need to win on the internet, hence why I came back and said you were apparently right that it was a coincidence that the team played better in front of Conks. I expected childish woo woo'ing, but there was a whole other kind of childish insults.

Your little petty digs don't bug me at all SIU LAW, but I know my responding like a grown up bother you, or you'd let it go. ;)

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Give me a break. You got exactly what you wanted.

Your reputation is well known. Anyone can look around on this board or the Asylum to find out all they need to know about you and your M.O.

You come here with a completely ignorant argument and obviously continue the argument just so you can argue.

So why resist the urge? Just fight trolling with trolling.

Then when you get someone to answer your own stupidity with stupidity, you lecture them on their behavior and act superior.

Like I said, your reputation and repeated patterns are well known.

So how about you go back to the Asylum troll? Pack up your Brewer and Sanford “gamers,” as well as your special mullet hairbrush, and just head back on over. M’kay?

Bye bye.

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

SIU LAW wrote:Give me a break. You got exactly what you wanted.

Your reputation is well known. Anyone can look around on this board or the Asylum to find out all they need to know about and your M.O.

You come here with a completely ignorant argument and obviously continue the argument just so you can argue.

So why resist the urge? Just fight trolling with trolling.

Then when you get someone to answer your own stupidity with stupidity, you lecture them on their behavior and act superior.

Like I said, your reputation and repeated patterns are well known.

So how about you go back to the Asylum troll? Pack up your Brewer and Sanford “gamers,” as well as your special mullet hairbrush, and just head back on over. M’kay?

Bye bye.

Ahhh. SIU LAW, do I bother you that much? Would you feel better if I were to harass you and call you childish names? Sorry, but I don't do that. I speak clearly and confidently.

I don't act anyway. I am who I am. Again, I'm not trying to win on the internet.

As for my reputation, many times I see things differently than the majority of Blues fans, sometimes I'm right, and sometimes I'm wrong. Claiming someone knows my reputation is a cop out, SIU LAW. If I were trolling, I'd have said MASON IS TEH SUX!!! OR VIVA LA CONKS! Or some other such stupid things. Instead of talking about the discussion at hand, you chose to talk about me. I don't really understand that.

As for goalies, I'm usually about a 66% correct stat...Schwarz, Cash, Toivy, Sanford.

These are goalies I was right about.

Legace and Mason.

These are goalies that I was wrong about, but I could very well be right about Mason this year. We'll see. Of course I hope not.

What do my game worn jerseys have to do with anything? Yes. I have game worn hockey jerseys. Yes, I only wear game worn hockey jerseys. If you're jealous, I wouldn't blame you. Before I had any I was very jealous of people who had them. I consider myself to be very luck to have acquired the jerseys I have. Especially my Sanford gamers. (Though the fact his Otters games still elude me still gets me...I even offered $750 for one...turned me down.)

Again, you talk about me instead of the discussion.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

This is like the tamest Internet fight ever. I welcome you aboard Batra. Your opinions might make no sense at all, but at least you keep things interesting. This board can use the drama as far a I'm concerned.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

kodos wrote:This is like the tamest Internet fight ever. I welcome you aboard Batra. Your opinions might make no sense at all, but at least you keep things interesting. This board can use the drama as far a I'm concerned.
:doh:

Banter like Battra's is Asylum fodder. We come here to AVOID that non-sense. Sure we don't get along with each other and often have different opinions. But at least we bring sanity and reason to our view points.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Battra wrote:What do my game worn jerseys have to do with anything? Yes. I have game worn hockey jerseys. Yes, I only wear game worn hockey jerseys. If you're jealous, I wouldn't blame you. Before I had any I was very jealous of people who had them. I consider myself to be very luck to have acquired the jerseys I have. Especially my Sanford gamers.
That is gold right there. :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote:
Battra wrote:What do my game worn jerseys have to do with anything? Yes. I have game worn hockey jerseys. Yes, I only wear game worn hockey jerseys. If you're jealous, I wouldn't blame you. Before I had any I was very jealous of people who had them. I consider myself to be very luck to have acquired the jerseys I have. Especially my Sanford gamers.
That is gold right there. :lol:

Did he really type that or did you hack his account and post it for him?

There is no way he really posted that......

Is there?

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

You see that is the thing about Battra.

When it comes to talking about himself, he either posts things like that intentionally trying to draw some flack, hoping to spark more argument, or he is a truly sad and not quite right. (I’m not just talking about the $750 for a Sanford beer league jersey, I’m talking about the “I speak clearly and confidently” crap).

This is identical to his style when arguing about hockey. He is either taking absurd and ignorant positions just to argue or he truly believes what he is saying and is…well…God help him.

Just look around the Asylum to see the repeated patterns.

Just word search “ad hominem” and “logical fallacies” and you will find some posts of his, arguing with Asylum members.

You will also note that when someone asks him to give specific examples of bad play (or something similar) to justify his position, he turns around asking for that person to provide examples, never meeting that challenge, just spewing and on and on for the sake of argument. So his approach is not unique to this thread. Like I said, his M.O. is well known.

For the record, as far as I can remember, I have never engaged him on the Asylum. So it’s not like I got a past history with the guy. I just know about his BS.

There is nothing wrong with a dissenting or contrary opinion, but he has a specific pattern of conduct. He is either a troll or really f-ing stupid.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I don't even know what the Asylum is. Are we talking about the Post Dispatch Forums?

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Yes.

I think it was given its name by...Goold?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

My point is this. Yes, this Battra guy appears to be insane in the membrane. And yes, his opinion is completely unfounded and weird. That said, he's not breaking any rules. He's presenting his opinions in a civil manner. He's also managed to piss everyone off, which is always fun.

So until he becomes a huge distraction, I say, bring it on. This site needs the action.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

I’m not saying he broke any rules (besides, I’m not a mod anymore). I just wanted to point out his M.O.

Outside of this thread, and the expected usual slam, I don’t plan on debating his garbage. He’s one of those guys you kind of roll your eyes at, like Aode.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Whatever happened to that Aode guy anyway?

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

kodos wrote:Whatever happened to that Aode guy anyway?
Yes. And why is he a tool?

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

abc789987 wrote:
kodos wrote:Whatever happened to that Aode guy anyway?
Yes. And why is he a tool?
It's almost like we need a Blues walkie-talkie to keep up with forum morans these days.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

strocklen083 wrote:
kodos wrote:This is like the tamest Internet fight ever. I welcome you aboard Batra. Your opinions might make no sense at all, but at least you keep things interesting. This board can use the drama as far a I'm concerned.

Banter like Battra's is Asylum fodder. We come here to AVOID that non-sense. Sure we don't get along with each other and often have different opinions. But at least we bring sanity and reason to our view points.
Screw you.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

stlbluz wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:

Screw you.
Jeez dude, don't get your panties all up in a bunch!

After his most recent comments, I'm leaning towards keeping this thread alive all season. If the guy's really offering $750 for a Sanford "gamer" from the Otters era, then I'd say he's batshit crazy. In which case he might provide some good entertainment for the rest of us.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

strocklen083 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:

Screw you.
Jeez dude, don't get your panties all up in a bunch!

After his most recent comments, I'm leaning towards keeping this thread alive all season. If the guy's really offering $750 for a Sanford "gamer" from the Otters era, then I'd say he's batshit crazy. In which case he might provide some good entertainment for the rest of us.
Sarcasm & all that. :wink:
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald