Conklin or Mason

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: Conklin or Mason

Post by Battra »

section319 wrote:
Battra wrote:
kodos wrote:What's the hobby? Homoerotic man crushes on men who get paid to smack a rubber disc around some ice?
No, that's a gay crush. A mancrush is when you want to like hang out with the guy and be friends with him.

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in hanging out with any hockey players really. All I'd have to say to them, is gee, you play hockeyz good. Please sign my hat....nah...I only want signatures on my gamers.

The hobby would be collecting game worn jerseys. Presently I have gamers from the: NAHL, UHL, ECHL, AHL, and NHL. In the past I had IHL (the real one, not the fake bit), the QSPHL (now LNAH), and OHL.

I'm not a hardcore collector by any stretch...there are some who never wash them...and leave them in the exact condition they were worn...which has always seemed very strange to me...there are some collectors who will ONLY have their jerseys signed on the fight strap...also seems silly to me.

Learning about all the things collectors look for...pilling, puck marks, rips, burns, tears, repairs. My Brewer 07-08 Set 1 Away has some very nice burns, tears, and a 6 inch long stitch up. My Ryan Johnson River Otters 04-05 Green Alt has nothing...he was too fast for the guys in the UHL.

My NAHL Bandits jersey has all kinds of wear because they only have one set of jerseys.

My Sanford 06-07 Blues Set 1 White gamer has a very nice puck mark on the left shoulder about the size of a baseball, that I used to photomatch it.

All kinds of stuff like that. You can actually learn quite a bit at http://www.meigray.com
All three are solid picks.
The jerseys?

Of that trio, my favorite is the Ryan Johnson Otters...it's just such an odd piece to the collection.

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
section319 wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
comeoriginal wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:Jesus Christ! This might be my new favorite thread!
Because of the post right above yours? 8)
Damn! Look at the newbie talkin a little smack. I like it.

That's what I said, I like his style.
I too find myself on the noob bandwagon. I want to buy him dinner... in a heterosexual way.
I like spaghetti?

-comeoriginal, the rookie
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

comeoriginal wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
section319 wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
comeoriginal wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:Jesus Christ! This might be my new favorite thread!
Because of the post right above yours? 8)
Damn! Look at the newbie talkin a little smack. I like it.

That's what I said, I like his style.
I too find myself on the noob bandwagon. I want to buy him dinner... in a heterosexual way.
I like spaghetti?

-comeoriginal, the rookie
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman