Conklin or Mason

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Conklin or Mason

Post by ohio BLUES »

SIU LAW wrote:
cprice12 wrote:you can't blame goaltending when you get outshot 43-23. Sorry...but that's just stupid.
Not if the goalie is causing the team to play different in front of him.

VIVA LA CONKS!
Can't argue with that logic!

Let's ride the Ty-de to the :cup: !
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

VIVA LA CONKS!

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

ohio BLUES wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
cprice12 wrote:you can't blame goaltending when you get outshot 43-23. Sorry...but that's just stupid.
Not if the goalie is causing the team to play different in front of him.

VIVA LA CONKS!
Can't argue with that logic!

Let's ride the Ty-de to the :cup: !
:okman:

Start Conklin next game, throw him to the wolves and see how he reacts. Maybe the Blues could do with goaltending what Minnesota does with their team captains... or we could just have a Roloson/Fernandez thing here in STL. It's not unheard of.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

TSUCookieMonster wrote: Start Conklin next game, throw him to the wolves and see how he reacts. Maybe the Blues could do with goaltending what Minnesota does with their team captains... or we could just have a Roloson/Fernandez thing here in STL. It's not unheard of.
You're just saying that because you are Conklin's sponsor. :grin:
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Battra wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
section319 wrote:Why are you arguing with him? He comes here from the asylum and everyone argues with him, its pointless.
I respect your wisdom.
My apologies for my dissenting opinion.

Mason is the greatest goalie ever to play for the Blues and the fact that in the only other season he was the incumbent starter he was demoted and shipped out of town has nothing to do with anything.

Better?

So, let me get this straight.. You have a lack of faith, I will call it, in Mason because he was demoted and shipped out in Nashville. So, instead of starting someone who was on FIRE last year but was demoted in Nashville, you would whether us start a guy that is a career back up? Well, that makes sense, why aren't you pushing for us to pick up Sanford while you're at it.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote: Start Conklin next game, throw him to the wolves and see how he reacts. Maybe the Blues could do with goaltending what Minnesota does with their team captains... or we could just have a Roloson/Fernandez thing here in STL. It's not unheard of.
You're just saying that because you are Conklin's sponsor. :grin:
I'm sure I have no idea what you are referring to.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

section319 wrote:
Battra wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
section319 wrote:Why are you arguing with him? He comes here from the asylum and everyone argues with him, its pointless.
I respect your wisdom.

Mason is the greatest goalie ever to play for the Blues and the fact that in the only other season he was the incumbent starter he was demoted and shipped out of town has nothing to do with anything.

Better?

So, let me get this straight.. You have a lack of faith, I will call it, in Mason because he was demoted and shipped out in Nashville. So, instead of starting someone who was on FIRE last year but was demoted in Nashville, you would whether us start a guy that is a career back up? Well, that makes sense, why aren't you pushing for us to pick up Sanford while you're at it.
I don't think this is a trend for Battra. I seem to recall he wasn't too happy about the trade last year before it worked out. I may even have contributed in a discussion with about it briefly at the Asylum (I think I have 5 posts there under a different name). At least give him credit for sticking to his guns.

That being said... I can't imagine blaming goal-tending right now. Too many guys aren't scoring enough goals. Thats the problem.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

richtedm wrote:
section319 wrote:
Battra wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
I respect your wisdom.

Better?

I don't think this is a trend for Battra. I seem to recall he wasn't too happy about the trade last year before it worked out. I may even have contributed in a discussion with about it briefly at the Asylum (I think I have 5 posts there under a different name). At least give him credit for sticking to his guns.

That being said... I can't imagine blaming goal-tending right now. Too many guys aren't scoring enough goals. Thats the problem.
I'd like to have seen what Mr. Battra had to say during the improbable 2nd half run last year and clinching 6th place in the playoffs?
I doubt he was too vocal then about Mason being a sub-par goalie. Maybe because he was playing better than any other goalie in the league? Nah, that can't be it.

He was pretty damn good last night too, and was the sole reason we beat the Wild.

The offense has struggled since the first two games in Sweden. Maybe concern should be directed at the offense where it belongs?

I've ALWAYS said that blaming the goalie when you lose is way too easy, it takes no effort. You have to pay attention and know what you are talking about to actually break down a game and find out the real reason a team lost a game. Sometimes it may be the goalie's fault for a loss, but as far as the Blues are concerned this year, that hasn't been the case at all. Anyone who watches the games and understands the games, knows this.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:I've ALWAYS said that blaming the goalie when you lose is way too easy, it takes no effort. You have to pay attention and know what you are talking about to actually break down a game and find out the real reason a team lost a game. Sometimes it may be the goalie's fault for a loss, but as far as the Blues are concerned this year, that hasn't been the case at all. Anyone who watches the games and understands the games, knows this.
++++ eleventy billion to this.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

This thread continued for another three pages? Slow news week.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

:roll: Yeah, let's put Conklin IN EVERY POSITION ON THE ICE. He's so good in this Dallas game!

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

section319 wrote:
Battra wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
I respect your wisdom.

Better?

Just an FYI...Mason, save ONE season of his career (before this one) was a career back up.

So, your logic doesn't fly at all really.

Why do you bring up the Sandman? I'm not advocating a single thing about him. Honestly, I think bringing him in would be a horrible idea. This is a bad situation for him....is there a good one? I'd say like Jersey would be a better fit for him....mop up and way spot starts behind a stellar D.

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

Just wanted to pop in and say it prolly was a coincedence that the team played better in front of Conks the other night, as they didn't appear to have on Sat, and Mace played a good game on Friday.

(Unfortunately, didn't get to see either, but the scores showed quite a bit.)

As for Mace last season, he had a great team in front of him. I thought he was fairly average with a spectacular save or two ever couple games. The team played in phenomenally in front of him.

As for anyone who brought up Sanford in this conversation, it shows you have no idea what you're talking about, as you had to go off topic to take a dig.

Lunch time and I'm starving.

VictorManthing
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by VictorManthing »

Dude, it goes:

1. Watch game
2. Form opinion

You seem to have this out of order. The team played pretty well in front of Conks at the start of the game actually. There were a couple softies for sure. The first goal was a harmless shot from the low faceoff circle that squirted through his legs. Yeah, once the rough stuff happened, the Blues lost focus and gave up more chances, but Conks definitely did NOT have a strong night.
Let's Go Blooze!!!

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

VictorManthing wrote:Dude, it goes:

1. Watch game
2. Form opinion

You seem to have this out of order. The team played pretty well in front of Conks at the start of the game actually. There were a couple softies for sure. The first goal was a harmless shot from the low faceoff circle that squirted through his legs. Yeah, once the rough stuff happened, the Blues lost focus and gave up more chances, but Conks definitely did NOT have a strong night.
You seem to not understand my opinions.

1) Read posts.
2) Digest posts.

I watch as many games as I can. I have a pretty hectic life.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Yup. Third grade math problems can be pretty tough and time consuming.

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

SIU LAW wrote:Yup. Third grade math problems can be pretty tough and time consuming.
Well, presently I'm not taking any Math Courses.

Out of curiosity, SIU LAW, do you intend to use ad hominem attack during trial?

I wouldn't if I were you. Logical fallacies always make ya fall on your face. FYI.

I've got a pared down class schedule this semester in order for planning and organizing my wedding, along with helping to renovate my rental property, working my full time job, attempting to have a social life, running my website (which involves attempting to go out for content once or twice a week), and of course studying for mid-terms this week...

I have a lot on my plate.

You?

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

I love it when you break out terms like “logical fallacies” in an attempt to sound highly cerebral, but then make the hilarious arguments that highlight this thread and others.

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

This internet thing is getting pretty serious
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »