Conklin or Mason

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby SIU LAW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:36 am

Please provide examples of Mason’s bad play.
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:37 am

SIU LAW wrote:
Battra wrote:You seem to have skipped over why I was dismissive. I see.


I really didn't think it was worth arguing with you on petty comments like this...

Battra wrote:I get dismissive because when one uses the common sense tact, it's shows that any conclusion I come to, would be stupid, if it differs from yours.

I have evaluated it, and I see it differently.

What does that mean to you?


...but if you want me to, I would be glad to do so.

There is nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but I also think there comes a time when it is obvious that a person’s opinion is pretty ignorant based on the actual games themselves.

I’m sure if you took a poll, an overwhelmingly majority would find your opinion…excuse the colorfulness…pretty f-ing stupid.



You call me petty? Interesting.

So you so my OPINION is ignorant of what precisely?

Again, I watch the games, I go to games (when I can), and I'm basing this off of what I see and what the results are.

I also don't care what the overwhelming majority says.

The OVERWHELMING majority at Blues games boos Chris Pronger when he touches the puck.

The OVERWHELMING majority at Blues games booed Chris Pronger for having the audacity to be traded for him.

The OVERWHELMING majority would've told you that Marek Schwarz and Jason Bacashihua were going to be our starters.

I'm ok not agreeing with them.

I can go on where the overwhelming majority is wrong if you'd like.

Bottom line:

I don't like how the Blues are losing when Mason plays.
I don't like how Mason appears to be dancing the dance in Nashville that got him traded.

That's my opinion, not a fact, nor would I purport my opinion as such.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:38 am

SIU LAW wrote:
Battra wrote:1-3-1...vs 2-0.

Hmm.

You said the blues play poorly in front of Mason, but they play better in front of Conks.

Right?


Are you really saying that the Blues have played poorly because of the goalie that was or was not in front of them for each particular game?

Right now you are trying to assign trends based on what is currently coincidence. This is where "common sense" comes in.


Would you have said the same last year?

Explain to me precisely, how it's coincidence. I don't see it as such, so please show me how it is.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby SIU LAW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:38 am

...and you think Sanford was given a raw deal here and Brewer is an awesome defenseman, right?
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 am

cprice12 wrote:
Battra wrote:Conklin, seems to be largely unaffected by this 'shoddy play' of the Blues.


The Blues played a GREAT game vs. the Ducks. They soundly beat them up and down the rink and really limited their good scoring chances.
Conklin was good in the game, but the Blues played well in front of him. He didn't have to steal the game for an sloppy Blues team that night.

Are you sure you have been watching these games? :lol:


That one, I didn't see.

However, I think you missed my point.

SIU Law's claiming that it's not Mason's fault, as the team plays better in front of Conklin than they do Mason.

My point was, Conklin seems to not have the shoddy play of the Blues in front of him...

Why?

(Kind of like last year...the Blues played better in front of Mason than Legace, and like two years before that, the Blues played better in front of Legace than Sanford....the pre-Mason year was Hannu...and let's not talk about Hannu.)
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:41 am

SIU LAW wrote:Also, do I sense a little crying on how Manny was done wrong by the Blues?

Mason didn’t steal the job. Manny was given every opportunity to succeed and to pull his head out of his ass, and he was clearly the victim of his own BS and bad play.


No. You infer crying.

I'm telling you what was said about Legace and Mason last year. This has nothing to do if Manny was done wrong or done right by the Blues Management, only how the team played in front of him and Mason, and Bishop too I guess.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 am

SIU LAW wrote:...and you think Sanford was given a raw deal here and Brewer is an awesome defenseman, right?


Please tell me precisely what that has to do with anything?

Sanford has been gone for two seasons.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby SIU LAW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:45 am

Battra wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:...and you think Sanford was given a raw deal here and Brewer is an awesome defenseman, right?


Please tell me precisely what that has to do with anything?

Sanford has been gone for two seasons.


If what I said is true, that illustrates how you view things and hence how meritorious your opinion really is. Meritorious here meaning: "based in reality."

Battra wrote:Would you have said the same last year?


Nope. There were games the Blues played well and Manny let him some horrible goals.

Battra wrote:Explain to me precisely, how it's coincidence. I don't see it as such, so please show me how it is.


This comes back to actually watching the games and understanding what is happening.

Outside of the Detroit starts/1st periods, the goalies have consistently played solid for the Blues, but the skaters (you know…the forwards and defensemen) have played very inconsistently and even poorly at times. Because Mason is this team’s starter, he has played the most games, and because he has played the most games, he is subjected to effects of the skaters inconsistencies.

Learning anything yet?
Last edited by SIU LAW on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 am

SIU LAW wrote:
Battra wrote:Would you have said the same last year?


Nope. There were games the Blues played well and Manny let him some horrible goals.

Battra wrote:Explain to me precisely, how it's coincidence. I don't see it as such, so please show me how it is.


This comes back to actually watching the games and understanding what is happening.

Outside of the Detroit starts/1st periods, the goalies have consistently played solid for the Blues, but the skaters (you know…the forwards and defensemen) have played very inconsistently and even poorly at times. Because Mason is this team’s starter, he has played the most games, and because he has played the most games, he is subjected to effects of the skaters inconsistencies.

Learning anything yet?


I see. So by repeating what you've stated several times, which says nothing, about why the Blues are playing better in front of Conks, that makes it coincidence?

Let's try again.

The Blues are performing better in front of Conklin.

You purport this is coincidence.

Why?

Explain just that simple thing there.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby SIU LAW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:48 am

I don’t think anymore explanation is necessary or can be done. You are trying to create a trend with very little information to base it on.

I am convinced you are bored and are arguing just to argue.
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:51 am

SIU LAW wrote:
Battra wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:...and you think Sanford was given a raw deal here and Brewer is an awesome defenseman, right?


Please tell me precisely what that has to do with anything?

Sanford has been gone for two seasons.


It what I said was true, that illustrates how view things and hence how meritorious your opinion really is. Meritorious here meaning: "based in reality."


Ahh...you edited this one.

Also, please go back and hit the posts of mine you skipped if you expect me to respond to yours.

Hmmm...

So...if I think Legace and Sanford got raw deals...that would influence my noticing of soft goals given up by Mason....perhaps I would remember how he was demoted in Nashville after a similar situation there.

I'm sorry, but I don't see your connection.

I think you're bringing up non-sequitur. It seems that many Blues fans have this idea that bringing up Sanford will get me all confused and show how wrong I am. He's always been my favorite Blue, and favorite player, but I never said he was the best at anything.

So if you could stick with discussing Mason's play vs Conklin's play, and by extension why the Blues play better in front of Conklin than Mason, that'd be great.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:52 am

SIU LAW wrote:I don’t think anymore explanation is necessary or can be done. You are trying to create a trend with very little information to base it on.

I am convinced you are bored and are arguing just to argue.


Nope. I'm seeing a difference in how the Blues play.

I'm seeing the making of the resurgence of a trend from Mason.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby SIU LAW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:53 am

Battra wrote:Ahh...you edited this one.


I combined two posts into one and fixed two grammar mistakes. YOU CAUGHT ME!!!!
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 am

SIU LAW wrote:
Battra wrote:Ahh...you edited this one.


I combined two posts into one and fixed two grammar mistakes. YOU CAUGHT ME!!!!


???

My point was you went back and added to it, therefore I pulled that part out and addressed it.

Amazing how the more I disagree with you, the more your vitriol rises.

Why is that I wonder?

(Mid-terms? They're stressing me as well.)
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby SIU LAW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 am

Battra wrote:Let's try again.

The Blues are performing better in front of Conklin.


Once again, please provide examples of Mason’s bad play.

If you are suggesting the Blues play/react differently in front of Mason, there must be a reason why they are doing so.

Can you give examples of the games or goals where Mason has given the team a reason to play differently, and without confidence, in front of him?

Anyone else can feel free to chime in and help you with this.

Anyone?
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby section319 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 am

Why are you arguing with him? He comes here from the asylum and everyone argues with him, its pointless. I wondered how this thread got to 54 posts, now I see why.

It is 7 games in, how about we give it about 20-25 games before we start freaking out. We aren't going to win many games, especially against teams like the Penguins by scoring only one goal a game, Mason is hardley the problem. Mason will be fine as long as he can handle it better than Legace did.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 am

SIU LAW wrote:
Battra wrote:Let's try again.

The Blues are performing better in front of Conklin.


Once again, please provide examples of Mason’s bad play.

If you are suggesting the Blues play/react differently in front of Mason, there must be a reason why they are doing so.

Can you give examples of the games or goals where Mason has given the team a reason to play differently, and without confidence, in front of him?

Anyone else can feel free to chime in and help you with this.

Anyone?


Once again, if you want give and take on this topic, that's fine, but you skipped several of my posts.

That's fair I think.

Tell ya what..we'll skip all the ones you ignored...and go back to the one where you attempted to answer...explaining by saying the blues played poorly.

Why is it a coincidence. Pretend I'm not as smart as you, and explain it. Start from the ground up.

Or, just tell me that it's simply your opinion, that'd be fine...but think you'd have to stop purporting it as fact.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby Battra » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:06 am

section319 wrote:Why are you arguing with him? He comes here from the asylum and everyone argues with him, its pointless. I wondered how this thread got to 54 posts, now I see why.

It is 7 games in, how about we give it about 20-25 games before we start freaking out. We aren't going to win many games, especially against teams like the Penguins by scoring only one goal a game, Mason is hardley the problem. Mason will be fine as long as he can handle it better than Legace did.


I responded in the thread.

Oh I stopped posted in the Asylum awhile back...waaaay too nutty there. :)

His play was something I was watching for, due to his demotion in Nashville and the circumstances surrounding this promotion and demotion.
User avatar
Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: St. Louis City

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby abc789987 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 am

section319 wrote:Why are you arguing with him? He comes here from the asylum and everyone argues with him, its pointless. I wondered how this thread got to 54 posts, now I see why.

It is 7 games in, how about we give it about 20-25 games before we start freaking out. We aren't going to win many games, especially against teams like the Penguins by scoring only one goal a game, Mason is hardley the problem. Mason will be fine as long as he can handle it better than Legace did.

this.
...
abc789987
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Location: Indiana?

Re: Conklin or Mason

Postby SIU LAW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:09 am

Battra wrote:Once again, if you want give and take on this topic, that's fine, but you skipped several of my posts.

That's fair I think.

Tell ya what..we'll skip all the ones you ignored...and go back to the one where you attempted to answer...explaining by saying the blues played poorly.

Why is it a coincidence. Pretend I'm not as smart as you, and explain it. Start from the ground up.

Or, just tell me that it's simply your opinion, that'd be fine...but think you'd have to stop purporting it as fact.



No thanks. Not worth my time to attempt to prove something that everyone, excepts you, seems to understand. Also, I just noticed the quoted portions below.

I’m sure you going to crow and declare that I cannot back things up. But I am guessing you will be in the extreme minority with that opinion.

cprice12 wrote:The Blues played a GREAT game vs. the Ducks. They soundly beat them up and down the rink and really limited their good scoring chances.
Conklin was good in the game, but the Blues played well in front of him. He didn't have to steal the game for an sloppy Blues team that night.


Battra wrote:That one, I didn't see.


This concludes the need to continue this.
User avatar
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 8683
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Location: Hockey God Party Room

PreviousNext

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron