GDT: Blues @ Pens -- 6pm Central -- KMOX & VS

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT: Blues @ Pens -- 6pm Central -- KMOX & VS

Post by DaDitka »

Oz-iz-God wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
Oz-iz-God wrote:
kodos wrote:I think he's talking about the fact the Perron has zero points in the first 7 games.

And yeah, it's only 7 games, but for a guy who is supposed to be a scorer, 7 games with no points is BAD.
So we believe Perron is now awful? That Perron is, in fact, no better than he was the moment he put on the Bluenote? Or do we simply believe he's in a mighty funk?

IMO the discussion isn't how good or bad Perron is now, last year, or next month, it's Is Andy Murray's coaching helping develop him I was discussing the lack of positive impact on this team by Andy Murray at all - ever.
I'm well aware that this is your argument.

Kodos is the one that suggested otherwise.

I simply believe it is incredibly misguided. Perron is a significantly tougher, more responsible player than the one that was supposed to be here on a 9 game tryout. He goes hard into corners, will hit a guy in the open and plays a generally sound defensive game. He was, IMO, our best player in the playoffs last season.

That's all on Murray. He was nothing like that when he arrived. He was a frenetic floater that cheated out of the zone for scoring chances and didn't have much of an edge to him. I bristled at his treatment (such as his time on the 3rd/4th lines) but it's clearly made him a tougher, more versatile and more valuable player.

I just don't understand at all how you can make that argument in regards to David Perron.
So, Murray took a playmaker and possible goal scorer and taught him to throw the puck into the corner, go in hard after it, get checked into the boards and turn it over?

Good for him.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Oz-iz-God
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: GDT: Blues @ Pens -- 6pm Central -- KMOX & VS

Post by Oz-iz-God »

DaDitka wrote:
Oz-iz-God wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
Oz-iz-God wrote:
kodos wrote:I think he's talking about the fact the Perron has zero points in the first 7 games.

And yeah, it's only 7 games, but for a guy who is supposed to be a scorer, 7 games with no points is BAD.
So we believe Perron is now awful? That Perron is, in fact, no better than he was the moment he put on the Bluenote? Or do we simply believe he's in a mighty funk?

IMO the discussion isn't how good or bad Perron is now, last year, or next month, it's Is Andy Murray's coaching helping develop him I was discussing the lack of positive impact on this team by Andy Murray at all - ever.
I'm well aware that this is your argument.

Kodos is the one that suggested otherwise.

I simply believe it is incredibly misguided. Perron is a significantly tougher, more responsible player than the one that was supposed to be here on a 9 game tryout. He goes hard into corners, will hit a guy in the open and plays a generally sound defensive game. He was, IMO, our best player in the playoffs last season.

That's all on Murray. He was nothing like that when he arrived. He was a frenetic floater that cheated out of the zone for scoring chances and didn't have much of an edge to him. I bristled at his treatment (such as his time on the 3rd/4th lines) but it's clearly made him a tougher, more versatile and more valuable player.

I just don't understand at all how you can make that argument in regards to David Perron.
So, Murray took a playmaker and possible goal scorer and taught him to throw the puck into the corner, go in hard after it, get checked into the boards and turn it over?

Good for him.
Perron is every bit the playmaker he's ever been. In fact, I would argue that his ability to keep his skates and his tenacity in the corners makes him a more credible threat in the offensive zone, he must be played differently and as a consequence he has more passing lanes/opportunity than he would've had.

You've created a false choice. We didn't make him a grinder at the expense of his offensive prowess (merely looking at his performance last season would confirm that). We made him a gifted playmaker with the physical edge that he absolutely needed to be a dynamic presence in this league.

Again - he was our best player in the playoffs last season and down the stretch I'd have considered him as valuable as anyone on the club not named Mason.

You're really seeing what you want to see with Perron, not what's actually there.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).