Coverage on Vs. and Andy Murray

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Coverage on Vs. and Andy Murray

Post by SteveO »

glen a richter wrote:
kodos wrote:And they are still only 3 points from the 8th spot.
What's the magic number?
For some it seems to be 7.

7 games and it's time to magically implode.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

dmiles2186 wrote:Teams get shelled, even good teams get shelled. Yes, the slow starts are alarming. But it is absolutely no reason to question the validity of your number one goalie, the job security of your head coach, etc. If they are doing this in January, we'll talk. I still remember in the second game of last season, Chris Mason gave up 4 goals to the New York Islanders in the first few periods. I remember reading on this fine board that people thought we overpaid for him. Needless to say, it was his first start of the season. But, if memory serves correct, he was the primary factor in guiding the Blues to the playoffs. Funny how that work out, eh?

My point is that yes, its been 7 games, and yes, the Blues were hammered and possibly even embarrassed last night. But seriously, it's 7 games. The Blues could go 7-0-0 in their next 7 and people would be saying Murray should win the Jack Adams award, which, if memory serves correct, he was nominated for last year.

Hmm...
Agree 5,000%. For a team that was last overall a few years ago, there is a distinct lack of patience. This team isn't Cup ready yet, may not be for a few more years. So let's let things play out without panicky, knee-jerk reactions, eh?

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

If this were the first time this team started slow with Murray @ the helm, I would concede the point. Waiting 25 games in before taking it seriously or taking action could destroy any chance at the post-season for this team. Making the playoffs is critical to the continued development of this team, and JD et al. should not tolerate slow starts with the talent on this squad - especially when it's a repeat performance. We wait, we may get hosed as there is no guarantee that anyone will help us back into the playoffs like they did last year.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:If this were the first time this team started slow with Murray @ the helm, I would concede the point. Waiting 25 games in before taking it seriously or taking action could destroy any chance at the post-season for this team. Making the playoffs is critical to the continued development of this team, and JD et al. should not tolerate slow starts with the talent on this squad - especially when it's a repeat performance. We wait, we may get hosed as there is no guarantee that anyone will help us back into the playoffs like they did last year.

JD was just on with Bernie and basically threw it on the coaching staff. He said they have to find a way to change things up. After throwing them under the bus, he tried to cover his ass and said..."I'm not saying they aren’t doing that now."....but he continued to reiterate that it IS THE COACHING STAFFS RESPONSABILITY TO GET THE TEAM GOING.

He didn’t blame the slow starts on the coaches, but he laid the responsibility to fix it at the staffs feet.

So, I don't think JD is going to sit back and wait 25 games to react, he want's things changed now....this mounth.....this week.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

DaDitka wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:If this were the first time this team started slow with Murray @ the helm, I would concede the point. Waiting 25 games in before taking it seriously or taking action could destroy any chance at the post-season for this team. Making the playoffs is critical to the continued development of this team, and JD et al. should not tolerate slow starts with the talent on this squad - especially when it's a repeat performance. We wait, we may get hosed as there is no guarantee that anyone will help us back into the playoffs like they did last year.

JD was just on with Bernie and basically threw it on the coaching staff. He said they have to find a way to change things up. After throwing them under the bus, he tried to cover his ass and said..."I'm not saying they aren’t doing that now."....but he continued to reiterate that it IS THE COACHING STAFFS RESPONSABILITY TO GET THE TEAM GOING.

He didn’t blame the slow starts on the coaches, but he laid the responsibility to fix it at the staffs feet.

So, I don't think JD is going to sit back and wait 25 games to react, he want's things changed now....this mounth.....this week.
Then there may be hope for this season afterall, lol. Makes me happy to hear that he's as frustrated with the coaching staff as I am.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman