GDT: Dallas @ St. Louis -- 7pm, FSMW & KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kohl
Prospect
Prospect

Re: GDT: Dallas @ St. Louis -- 7pm, FSMW & KMOX

Post by Kohl »

STL JA wrote:Why does Alex Pietrangelo not have a spot on this team? Unreal.

And he proves even more why he has a spot....our only goal

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

This team performs more and more like a team that has tuned out their coach.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Kohl wrote:
STL JA wrote:Why does Alex Pietrangelo not have a spot on this team? Unreal.

And he proves even more why he has a spot....our only goal
Yeah, he got credit for the goal...but if Woywitka didn't completely redirect it, it doesn't go in.
Don't get me wrong, he should be playing...but I wouldn't use that goal as an argument why.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

bigjoe332
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by bigjoe332 »

I know the whole team lacked effort but did anyone else feel the same way that I did about Erik Johnson?
He let a Star go in alone on Conklin... Also quite a few giveaways up the middle... pinched at the wrong times & watched the Stars skate around him...

Bench him without pay for 5 games... might help... let Petro play :okman:

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

bigjoe332 wrote:I know the whole team lacked effort but did anyone else feel the same way that I did about Erik Johnson?
He let a Star go in alone on Conklin... Also quite a few giveaways up the middle... pinched at the wrong times & watched the Stars skate around him...

Bench him without pay for 5 games... might help... let Petro play :okman:

All for letting Petro play, but you can't bash EJ for defensive flaws while praising Petro,

He had his....good points.....but he also looked like a kid he's felling his way around the NHL defensively.

The only defenseman that stood out as sucking more than the rest was Weaver tonight.

No one was without fault tonight.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

Info from JR following the game:
Here’s somee postgame reaction from the Blues following Saturday’s loss to the Stars.

In the second period, Dallas’ Steve Ott leveled Blues defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo. Ott laid a hip check on Colaiacovo, which instigated a team-wide brawl, ending with a combined six penalties on both teams.

“There’s 18,000 people that will agree with me and say that was a dirty hit,” Colaiacovo said. “Hopefully the league will take a look at it, and do what’s right.”

Here’s what Dallas coach Marc Crawford had to say about the hit: “I don’t know . . . Colaiacovo . . . I don’t even remember that one. I’d have to look at that one. Earlier in the game, they got away with a lot . . . as usually happens, it ends up evening out as you go along. It was a hard game to referee tonight because there got to be a lot of emotion in it.”

There were a combined 26 penalties and 86 penalty minutes in the game, including 20 penalties and 62 PIMs after the hit.

The Blues said they lost their focus after that.

“It’s a long season and we just have to stay a little more focused when situations like that happen,” Blues center Jay McClement said. “It’s good for us that we stuck together, and the guys stuck up for each other, but at the same time, the idea is to win the game. That’s what we’ve got to focus on. We just got away from that a little bit.”

Injury update:

- Colaiacovo has an upper-body injury, according to the team. He said afterwards that he wasn’t feeling good.

- D.J. King left the game in the first period after a fight with Krys Barch. King has what is believed to be a wrist injury and could miss significant time.

JR
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

“There’s 18,000 people that will agree with me and say that was a dirty hit,” Colaiacovo said. “Hopefully the league will take a look at it, and do what’s right.”
I agree. Ott got awfully low on that hit. That wasn't necessary, the puck was long gone.
Here’s what Dallas coach Marc Crawford had to say about the hit: “I don’t know . . . Colaiacovo . . . I don’t even remember that one. I’d have to look at that one. Earlier in the game, they got away with a lot . . . as usually happens, it ends up evening out as you go along. It was a hard game to referee tonight because there got to be a lot of emotion in it.”
Is he stupid? What a douche.
We got away with a lot early in the game? Wuh? What game was he watching?
I thought Dallas got some gift power plays that resulted in a couple goals. The double minor on Petro was assinine, he didn't do anything. Ott should have gotten the double minor and we should have had the PP. The Stars greatly benefited from the poor officiating last night...not the Blues.
Crawford is an idiot...and I have it on good authority that he doesn't wash his hands after he pees.
Injury update:

- Colaiacovo has an upper-body injury, according to the team. He said afterwards that he wasn’t feeling good.
Great. :evil:
- D.J. King left the game in the first period after a fight with Krys Barch. King has what is believed to be a wrist injury and could miss significant time.
Of course he will. That's how it goes with this team.
Wasn't that his first shift since coming back from his previous injury? Jesus Christ. At least he destroyed Barch in the fight.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

If Ott doesn't wind up getting fined for this game, something ain't right.

The hit on Colaiacovo isn't a hip-check. Ott extends his skate and trips him.

Then there is the later blatant trip on Crombeen which has to be intent to injure, but the refs just give Ott the minor for it.

Ott was the friggin' teflon man to the refs tonight.

Eric Furlatt and Dave Jackson suck. And it ain't the first time for Jackson. He's the dude that gave Kronwall the 5-minute major and game misconduct for interference after he crushed Martin Havlat in the playoffs. Granted, he did it to a Wing, but it was a BS call. Apparently, he also was signed by the Canadiens last season according to Sabres fans at the Bleacher Report.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:This team performs more and more like a team that has tuned out their coach.

I've been waiting for someone to say that.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I don't want to sound like a broken record but why doesn't Eller/Palushaj/Armstrong/Sonne/anybody with an ounce of scoring ability have a spot on the team? Are King and Janssen that valuable? Janssen is supposed to be a tough guy but until tonight hadn't fought or even bullied anyone enough to garner a penalty. Then there is King, who can't play 5 seconds without injuring something. Say what you want about their presence making a difference but I would much rather see somebody who has an offensive side. It's not like the Blues have been burning out goal lamps - or winning on a consistent basis due to their superior "thuggery" - thus far.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

blues22
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by blues22 »

Did anyone record the game? I'd love to see the Colaiacovo/Petro/Tkachuk hit/scrum, but I can't find it on youtube.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The fact that King and Janssen have spots on this team over guys who can actually score only serve to suggest that Goon Attack has a spot in the front office.

Is this what wins games?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Another enlightening and informative post...
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'm glad I was out at a buddy's bachelor party last night and missed this. I DVR'd it, but I don't believe I'll be watching it anytime soon.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

With Oshie out they need to replace him with Palushaj or Eller. Not a grinder, you replace an offensive guy with an offensive guy.
Now King's roster spot should be replaced with the likes of Armstrong or Stastny. Colaiacovo is a puck moving Dman so he needs to be replaced with Junland, not Strachan. I have no problem with Strachan, but he is not a puck mover. Of course knowing Colaiacovo, he will be back next game. IF Junland gets passed over too much i could see him leaving next season to go back to sweden.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Topshelf331 wrote:With Oshie out they need to replace him with Palushaj or Eller. Not a grinder, you replace an offensive guy with an offensive guy.
Now King's roster spot should be replaced with the likes of Armstrong or Stastny. Colaiacovo is a puck moving Dman so he needs to be replaced with Junland, not Strachan. I have no problem with Strachan, but he is not a puck mover. Of course knowing Colaiacovo, he will be back next game. IF Junland gets passed over too much i could see him leaving next season to go back to sweden.

Why do you need to call up Junland for that? Petro could take Colaiacovo's spot and Strachan is taking Jackman's spot.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

So we lay another turd and potentially lose two dudes for a while?

Great.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

ohio BLUES wrote:So we lay another turd and potentially lose two dudes for a while?

Great.
Hopefully this means more ice time for Cam Janssen.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

blues22 wrote:Did anyone record the game? I'd love to see the Colaiacovo/Petro/Tkachuk hit/scrum, but I can't find it on youtube.
yea, for real, i wanna see it.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo