What would make the Blues awesome?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: What would make the Blues awesome?

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:Steroids and lots of 'em. Good thing Mark McGwire is back in town.

(By the way, pet peeve, how can someone still spell his name McGuire 12 years after he was first traded here, yet everyone can spell Pujols?)
It's easy to spell Pujols. a-n-o-t-h-e-r j-u-i-c-e-r.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

Bite your tongue...Pujols not only BETTER be clean, he's one of the "saving graces" of MLB be cause he IS clean.

(If I'm wrong and Albert is Juiced, I will NEVER watch anything related to MLB...not even if it's with the "beloved 'Birds"...)

IMO, MLB NEEDS a few players (i.e. Albert, Ryan Howard, Derek Jeter) to be clean in order to put this whole "steroid era" to rest.

BUT THIS RAISES THE QUESTION OF: how prevalent is the use of Steroids in the NHL???
Mark P

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

glen a richter wrote:I would have rather had Backstrom than Toews... knowing what I know at the moment. Of course, Backstrom is another one. He's an assist machine, but is it because he's linemates with a guy who could score from outside the arena or because he's just extremely talented.
Backstrom is just that good, he obviously is going to do better on a line with Ovie than if he were on a line with Crombeen and Mcclement like Perron has been. But, he is really that good.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Among the MLB elite, the only one I can even remotely suspect is possibly clean is Jeter. And even that I'm not so sure about.
#1ELPBluzFan wrote:Bite your tongue...Pujols not only BETTER be clean, he's one of the "saving graces" of MLB be cause he IS clean.

(If I'm wrong and Albert is Juiced, I will NEVER watch anything related to MLB...not even if it's with the "beloved 'Birds"...)

IMO, MLB NEEDS a few players (i.e. Albert, Ryan Howard, Derek Jeter) to be clean in order to put this whole "steroid era" to rest.

BUT THIS RAISES THE QUESTION OF: how prevalent is the use of Steroids in the NHL???

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

glen a richter wrote:Among the MLB elite, the only one I can even remotely suspect is possibly clean is Jeter. And even that I'm not so sure about.
#1ELPBluzFan wrote:Bite your tongue...Pujols not only BETTER be clean, he's one of the "saving graces" of MLB be cause he IS clean.

Pujols is clean.

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

I've always wondered about how clean a lot of the NHLers are...

Rod Brind'amour, as AN example, was touted as "Rod the Bod" for the longest time because he's so buff. I sure hope he's a product of "mega mass" type products instead of Performance Enhancers (HGH, anabolic steroids, etc.).

A lot of the NHLers are wiry and have to "put on weight and body strength" in order to make it the NHL and it's gotta be tough on some of them.

I really enjoy sports (and the NHL is my favorite) but I often scratch my head about the legitimacy of the the athletes.

I'm just sayin'...
Mark P

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

section319 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Among the MLB elite, the only one I can even remotely suspect is possibly clean is Jeter. And even that I'm not so sure about.

Pujols is clean.
Jeter's not clean, especially when you factor in the whole herpes thing. Not clean, my friends. Not clean.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

dmiles2186 wrote:
section319 wrote:

Pujols is clean.
Jeter's not clean, especially when you factor in the whole herpes thing. Not clean, my friends. Not clean.
I thought it was arod that messed with madona?
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

ilhockeyguy
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ilhockeyguy »

Yes Phil....the banner is the whole reason the guys suck...which is why you won't see it tomorrow..

I still think we need less Sydor...wait check that...no Sydor. No Janssen. No line juggling. No Walt playing center. The organization should get off their asses and hit the free agent pool next year.

Know what would make this thread awesome? If we were to find that comeoriginal decided to delete his account and defected to the stltoday boards to continue making stupid comments and +1's all the time.....

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

ilhockeyguy wrote:I still think we need less Sydor...wait check that...no Sydor.

SYDOR = NOT AWESOME
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

#1ELPBluzFan wrote:I've always wondered about how clean a lot of the NHLers are...

Rod Brind'amour, as AN example, was touted as "Rod the Bod" for the longest time because he's so buff. I sure hope he's a product of "mega mass" type products instead of Performance Enhancers (HGH, anabolic steroids, etc.).

A lot of the NHLers are wiry and have to "put on weight and body strength" in order to make it the NHL and it's gotta be tough on some of them.

I really enjoy sports (and the NHL is my favorite) but I often scratch my head about the legitimacy of the the athletes.

I'm just sayin'...
Todd Bertuzzi's Brady Anderson-esque spike in his career for a couple years makes him look suspicious to me.
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

DUG WAITZ IZ NOTT ONE DA STAIROYDZ!!!!!!1111111 CLENA PLYAER!!!111!!!!1111111
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

ilhockeyguy wrote:Know what would make this thread awesome? If we were to find that comeoriginal decided to delete his account and defected to the stltoday boards to continue making stupid comments and +1's all the time.....
This guy has really gotten under the skin of some people here, I like it.

And by the way, I don't know if it would make us awesome but just having a point/game player would be awesome.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ilhockeyguy wrote: Know what would make this thread awesome? If we were to find that comeoriginal decided to delete his account and defected to the stltoday boards to continue making stupid comments and +1's all the time.....
+1 :) :goblues: :plusplus: :goblues: :letsgoblues: :lol:

:facepalm:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

section319 wrote:

Pujols is clean.
That explains his September fade-away after more names started to surface from the 'roid list.

Albert was merely "tired" and it didn't have anything to do with them being onto him or his getting tipped that he was going to be tested soon.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

glen a richter wrote:
section319 wrote:

Pujols is clean.
That explains his September fade-away after more names started to surface from the 'roid list.

Albert was merely "tired" and it didn't have anything to do with them being onto him or his getting tipped that he was going to be tested soon.
Yeah, that's what it was. It wasn't all the steroid talk from a couple years ago that got him to stop this year, it was A-rod who did it a few years ago and Manny who got caught taking whatever it was. But, you are right players don't go through slumps or anything, its obviously steroid. Nor do I think if he stopped taking steroids towards the end of the season it automatically makes you not as good, I could be wrong but I don't think it works like that or does it affect how you hit the ball probably just power. If you don't trust in Pujols, if he isn't clean no one who hits a good amount of jacks is.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

HO CAKES!!!!

HOES GOTS TA EET, TOOO!!!
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

deadphish wrote:HO CAKES!!!!

HOES GOTS TA EET, TOOO!!!

People are bitching about comeoriginal posts, but everyone thinks this is productive? I don't have a problem with this post, I'm just saying.

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

ilhockeyguy wrote:Yes Phil....the banner is the whole reason the guys suck...which is why you won't see it tomorrow..

I still think we need less Sydor...wait check that...no Sydor. No Janssen. No line juggling. No Walt playing center. The organization should get off their asses and hit the free agent pool next year.

Know what would make this thread awesome? If we were to find that comeoriginal decided to delete his account and defected to the stltoday boards to continue making stupid comments and +1's all the time.....
+1
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

I just wanted to let you all know, internet is serious business.
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter