What would make the Blues awesome?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Re: What would make the Blues awesome?

Post by strocklen083 »

ilhockeyguy wrote:Getting rid of the Kiel Phantom....
Dood! You don't get stoked when the Phantom makes an appearance?!
Last edited by strocklen083 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

#1. More goals for.
#2. Few goals against.
#3. A more effective PP Dance. While amusing as it is, the current one seems to have lost it's mojo.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

strocklen083 wrote:

Is that not the worst thing you have ever seen at a Blues game? It is fukken ridiculous, how old are we? I am sick of all this stuff for the kids, give me cheerleaders like the picture from Anaheim on the home page. (Frank) Louie and the Phantom.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

section319 wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:

Is that not the worst thing you have ever seen at a Blues game? It is fukken ridiculous, how old are we? I am sick of all this stuff for the kids, give me cheerleaders like the picture from Anaheim on the home page. (Frank) Louie and the Phantom.
No, I whole-heartedly agree with you. Just about everything the game day presentation crew does is cheesey/hokey. But it gets some people going.

The bear on the other hand is a sore subject for me. I hate that thing more than I can describe. If it ever comes near me or tries any pelvic thrusts my way it's head is coming off!

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

I always thought that little black kid that danced during timeouts was a real crowd pleaser. On the other hand I was really hoping to see the cotton-eyed joe dude hit the stairs just once. As for louie, I think he's here to stay, kinda like the towel guy. What the Blues really need to focus on is consistancy, which starts with line chemistry, which starts with the coach.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

What this team needs,

is more cowbell.
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

stlbluz wrote:I always thought that little black kid that danced during timeouts was a real crowd pleaser. On the other hand I was really hoping to see the cotton-eyed joe dude hit the stairs just once. As for louie, I think he's here to stay, kinda like the towel guy. What the Blues really need to focus on is consistancy, which starts with line chemistry, which starts with the coach.
:lol:

Yeah, that kid is a pretty awesome dancer. He always gets the crowd going. It seems the fans are more entertained by other fans than anything produced by the team. They should bring back the Shaking Guy. He always seemed to do the trick. I know he was at a game last year, but he's never there on a regular basis.

Speaking of consistnecy, I think the anthem is always important as well. I've been to two weekend games and Chuckie hasn't sang at either game. I don't know about the rest of you, but a C. Glen anthem is much more exciting than some rando from what ever organization is being promoted that night. No offense to the other singers, but they just don't bring the heat like Mr. Glen. The "When the Blues Go Marching In" pre-game song I could do without though.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

stlbluz wrote:I always thought that little black kid that danced during timeouts was a real crowd pleaser. On the other hand I was really hoping to see the cotton-eyed joe dude hit the stairs just once. As for louie, I think he's here to stay, kinda like the towel guy. What the Blues really need to focus on is consistancy, which starts with line chemistry, which starts with the coach.

Yeah, that kid is a pretty awesome dancer. He always gets the crowd going. It seems the fans are more entertained by other fans than anything produced by the team. They should bring back the Shaking Guy. He always seemed to do the trick. I know he was at a game last year, but he's never there on a regular basis.

Speaking of consistnecy, I think the anthem is always important as well. I've been to two weekend games and Chuckie hasn't sang at either game. I don't know about the rest of you, but a C. Glen anthem is much more exciting than some rando from what ever organization is being promoted that night. No offense to the other singers, but they just don't bring the heat like Mr. Glen. The "When the Blues Go Marching In" pre-game song I could do without though.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

strocklen083 wrote:Speaking of consistnecy, I think the anthem is always important as well. I've been to two weekend games and Chuckie hasn't sang at either game. I don't know about the rest of you, but a C. Glen anthem is much more exciting than some rando from what ever organization is being promoted that night. No offense to the other singers, but they just don't bring the heat like Mr. Glen. The "When the Blues Go Marching In" pre-game song I could do without though.
Agree with all of it, except no pre-game song, that thing is awesome when he sings it.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Im watching the Washington/Philly game on VS. And it's crazy that Washington has 4 amazing players.
Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, and Green. Blues dont have a single amazing player.

Washington is such a fun team to watch

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

How good does Ovechkin make the guys around him? Damn, all you need is one guy like that and everything else would fall into place.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

strocklen083 wrote: I've been to two weekend games and Chuckie hasn't sang at either game. I don't know about the rest of you, but a C. Glen anthem is much more exciting than some rando from what ever organization is being promoted that night. No offense to the other singers, but they just don't bring the heat like Mr. Glen. The "When the Blues Go Marching In" pre-game song I could do without though.

Chuckie did the anthem and pregame song Saturday. It realy fired up the crowd......too bad it didn't help the team :cry:

I simply don't understand why they don't have him do it all the time. The fans love it and it should be tradition.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Malkin288
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Malkin288 »

Few things to say here on my first post here. No scorer so we took EJ?...Toews went #2. Ovechkin is amazing...but Semin has 50 goal potential without him (see last year when Ovie visited his dying grandfather.) We need a legit scorer (annual 40+), and a coach who doesn't sit young guns b/c they don't look like Skeletor. Rant done...Cheers, and hopefully pietrangelo has a good night! :goblues:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I would have rather had Backstrom than Toews... knowing what I know at the moment. Of course, Backstrom is another one. He's an assist machine, but is it because he's linemates with a guy who could score from outside the arena or because he's just extremely talented.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

strocklen083 wrote:
I think the organization needs to stop the Top Shelf people from putting up the "Win one for Walt" banner. Its been nothing but bad luck.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

What would make the Blues more awsome?

How about tiger-striped eyebrows?

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

kodos wrote:What would make the Blues more awsome?

You see how well that worked for Mayers during the Presidents Cup playoff series.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

stlbluz wrote:

You see how well that worked for Mayers during the Presidents Cup playoff series.
Oh yes, now that you bring that up I see the connection. Thanks.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

kodos wrote:
stlbluz wrote:

Oh yes, now that you bring that up I see the connection. Thanks.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Steroids and lots of 'em. Good thing Mark McGwire is back in town.

(By the way, pet peeve, how can someone still spell his name McGuire 12 years after he was first traded here, yet everyone can spell Pujols?)

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb