What would make the Blues awesome?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: What would make the Blues awesome?

Post by deadphish »

section319 wrote:
deadphish wrote:HO CAKES!!!!

HOES GOTS TA EET, TOOO!!!

People are bitching about comeoriginal posts, but everyone thinks this is productive? I don't have a problem with this post, I'm just saying.
Look at my join date. I have EARNED the right to be this funny.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

deadphish wrote:
section319 wrote:
deadphish wrote:HO CAKES!!!!

HOES GOTS TA EET, TOOO!!!

People are bitching about comeoriginal posts, but everyone thinks this is productive? I don't have a problem with this post, I'm just saying.
Look at my join date. I have EARNED the right to be this funny.

And I understand the rules of the internet forums and I don't care what you post, I'm just saying that's all you post pretty much anymore.

But, post away, I enjoy it most of the time.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

Every board needs it's role players. Think of me as teh rickshaw of this forum. When things get dull, I'll smack you (in the face) silly.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:Im watching the Washington/Philly game on VS. And it's crazy that Washington has 4 amazing players.
Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, and Green. Blues dont have a single amazing player.
Perron, Kariya, Oshie, and Tkachuck are amazing players.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

xbleed83bluex wrote:
Krigloch the Furious wrote:Im watching the Washington/Philly game on VS. And it's crazy that Washington has 4 amazing players.
No, they are not. Not Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin and Green amazing.

Some of our guys are good, some are very good, and some could be very good, but we don't have a "top 10" in the league point getter type of player.

We will need to address this in free agency sooner or later.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

cprice12 wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

Some of our guys are good, some are very good, and some could be very good, but we don't have a "top 10" in the league point getter type of player.

Doug Armstrong has been training for two years for the sole purpose of getting us Kovalchuk in July 2010.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

xbleed83bluex wrote:
Your definition of amazing must be dramatically different from the rest of the universe, and all alternate universes.

I don't see any of Perron, Kariya, Oshie OR Tkachuk sans the extra C, with 20+ points in 12 games this season. If I did, I'd see this team in first place undefeated.

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Malkin, Crosby, Kopitar, Thornton, THOSE are amazing players. Nary a one of them is on this roster.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

Doug Armstrong has been training for two years for the sole purpose of getting us Kovalchuk in July 2010.
There has been tons of smoke around the Kovalchuk to St. Louis fire for well over a year now.

Of course I'm interested to see the reaction when we send a package of something like..Perron and Ellar to get him.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

cprice12 wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

Some would argue that we don't have a top 50 guy. And we don't. We have a team of good support players sprinkled with a few aging vets. The support players have no one to support.

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

DaDitka wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

There has been tons of smoke around the Kovalchuk to St. Louis fire for well over a year now.

Of course I'm interested to see the reaction when we send a package of something like..Perron and Ellar to get him.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

What's the opposite of comeoriginal? gotiresome? I think ^that^ post would make comeoriginal's gotiresome Greatest Hits album.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

comeoriginal wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Why would you send probably our two best young forwards/prospects for a UFA after this season? If you want him so bad, just throw money him after the season and keep Perron and Eller. You are going to need some young, cheap players to play with him to balance out the salaries.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

DaDitka wrote:Of course I'm interested to see the reaction when we send a package of something like..Perron and Ellar to get him.
comeoriginal doesn't like that... but I do. I mean, Kovalchuk is only 26 and its not like we would have cap room for all of our young players after signing Kovalchuk to a long deal. Perron is going to be a 60-point guy at best, and Ellar will be about the same (if anything at all, he hasn't seen NHL-time yet and Blues fans know too well you can't bank on prospects panning out the way they are expected). But bringing in a sniper like Kovalchuk improves guys like Oshie and Berglund, who would likely be good line-mates for the Russian. Plus, opposing teams' defenses would play their top defensive pairing against Kovalchuk every night, opening up opportunities for the other lines.

Bravo DaDitka, you have earned my respect. :wink:
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Kodos is right. Blues dont even have a top 50 player.
No explosion. No one for the other team to say "we HAVE to cover that guy"

hopefully they do address it soon. Because it's getting very annoying

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:Why would you send probably our two best young forwards/prospects for a UFA after this season? If you want him so bad, just throw money him after the season and keep Perron and Eller. You are going to need some young, cheap players to play with him to balance out the salaries.
Because you run the risk of an elite team picking him up at the deadline and signing him to a long-term deal. You have to be aggressive at the deadline and this would do it.

Maybe replacing Ellar with a Rundblad or a Sonne would make this more appealing to Blues fans?

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:Of course I'm interested to see the reaction when we send a package of something like..Perron and Ellar to get him.
comeoriginal doesn't like that... but I do. I mean, Kovalchuk is only 26 and its not like we would have cap room for all of our young players after signing Kovalchuk to a long deal. Perron is going to be a 60-point guy at best, and Ellar will be about the same (if anything at all, he hasn't seen NHL-time yet and Blues fans know too well you can't bank on prospects panning out the way they are expected). But bringing in a sniper like Kovalchuk improves guys like Oshie and Berglund, who would likely be good line-mates for the Russian. Plus, opposing teams' defenses would play their top defensive pairing against Kovalchuk every night, opening up opportunities for the other lines.

What happens if Kovalchuk doesn't resign with us under that scenario? You just screwed the franchise for the next 5 years. Backes is a UFA after next year, and I bet he walks for more money. Boyes is a UFA the year after that. It will be just like 2003-2004, Demitra, Weight, Tkachuk, and a bunch of scrubs on offense, only Berglund, Oshie, etc. won't be as good as Demitra, Weight, and Tkachuk were.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Kovalchuk is like Kariya in the regard that he will sign where the money is IMO. If you offer him what he wants, he will take it. If for whatever reason he doesn't, that's when the Blues actually do what they have been needing to for the past few years- be aggressive on July 1st and get someone that will be at least as good as Perron. There is always someone as good as if not better than Perron on opening day of free-agency. The Blues have plenty of young depth to make up for the depth we lost with our young prospects. Its not like we would be able to keep them all anyway under the cap era.

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:

Why would you trade Perron and Eller for a free agent? :facepalm:
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

comeoriginal wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:

See my post above.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
comeoriginal wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:

See my post above.
So now you are going to trade away a bunch of our youth for a high-priced player, back the money truck up to try and resign him, and then replace Perron and Eller with another free agent. Welcome to salary cap hell.