GDT: Flames @ Blues, November 5th, 2009, 7PM CDT

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: Flames @ Blues, November 5th, 2009, 7PM CDT

Post by philco_3 »

It was nice not seeing Janssen on the ice as much. It also felt like Brewer didnt have that much ice time after he scored that goal.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: GDT: Flames @ Blues, November 5th, 2009, 7PM CDT

Post by Sweetred95ta »

VictorManthing wrote:My opinion is that it's not the system. Believe it or not, last year proved that the system CAN work.
I have to disagree. Last year proved that with some of our most skilled players out of the lineup, Murray's system can work by adding grinders and playing desperation hockey. They turned the tables at (or around) the half way point of the season. The way those guys played was amazing, but there is no way a team could play like that for a whole season. That style of play severely wore on the team, and it showed in the playoffs. The team was out of gas. That was only one half of the season. They need to stay away from the idea of playing desperate every night. There is a difference in playing hungry and playing desperately. Murray's system promotes playing your heart out every night like it's your last. Does Pittsburgh, Washington, San Jose, or L.A. play crash and burn hockey every night? No. They are using the proper systems developed to excel in post-lockout hockey. The Blues and Kings, I feel, are very similar teams. We should be on the same page, but it seems like that team is going to pass us by in the development stage of things. Anway, sorry for the rambling, but I think this team needs a shake up (big time). Without one, this team is going to continue to flounder and disappoint. Whether it is the coach, system, or the team, something needs to change.
I love hockey. Period.