Your worst All-Time Blue?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Your worst All-Time Blue?

Post by glen a richter »

BF44 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I'm shocked no one said Turek considering he's everyone's whipping boy for some odd reason...
Roman Turek single-handedly swept the Dallas Stars in the 2nd round in 2001. So he did do something...
I liked Turek, if for nothing else than that he was a partial factor in the team getting further than they had in years. Nobody was going to deny Patrick Roy that year, so it didn't make a darn bit of difference how Roman played.

Granted he had a frikken sweet defense playing in front of him, and he did let in softies now and again, but I don't really get why he was so maligned and lumped into the same category as some of the all time crappiest. It doesn't matter how many shots you end up facing, you still have to stop them, and he routinely stopped more than the opposing goalie did. Isn't that the point?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

section319 wrote:I don't know how everyone else feels about him but I just couldn't stand cajanek, he just pissed me off even when he would score.
I forgot about the porcelain prick! :facepalm: He drove me nuts too.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ZigZag you asshat, I was going to say Jimmy Hrivnak! :lol:

Didn't that waste of sperm win his first game against Chicago then rattle off 10 straight losses or something like that?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

p.s. Peter Sejna
Last edited by glen a richter on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topshelf331
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Topshelf331 »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:Steve Poapst. Daniel Corso.

I cant hate corso, he scored the game winner in OT in Colorado after we drove all night to see the away game. We were talkin smack all night, and the blues came from behind to win. Most memorable away game for all of us involved.

For me its Grant Fuhr. The guy was horrible, and people talk like he was the greatest goalie to ever suit up for the blues. He was good for a soft goal a game. Just look up his stats, he was near the bottom for S% and GAA for all the starters in the league.

Remember the good old days when all we had to complain about on our D was Finley. Just because he was just average. He didnt make any mistakes really, he just didnt produce. Right now between Cola, Sydor, and Brewer, we are good for about 6 scoring chances against a game. And one goal against between the 3 of them.

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

glen a richter wrote:p.s. Peter Sejna
BUT, But,but he scored in his first game on Roy! He was destined HOFer! He was soft from what I remember.
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Jesse Boulerice
Patrick Lalime

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

Andy Murray

Not as bad as Kitchen, but wow...

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

kodos wrote:It's still Keenan.
I'd say it's Laurie over Keenan.

At least Keenan wanted to win.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Brewer, every time he's out there I know he's gonna allow a goal to be scored, or put one in...
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

This thread has brought up some players I haven't thought about in a long time. Does anybody remember Daniel Tzachuk(sp?)? He never played a game for the Blues but he was highly touted UNTIL he came to the Blues. I even remember the EA NHL game that year after the trade had him rated as an 83 overall center.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

Bryan Helmer, anyone? How about Glen Featherstone?

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:This thread has brought up some players I haven't thought about in a long time. Does anybody remember Daniel Tzachuk(sp?)? He never played a game for the Blues but he was highly touted UNTIL he came to the Blues. I even remember the EA NHL game that year after the trade had him rated as an 83 overall center.
Yup, definitely remember. Even on NHL 2002 he was given a decent rating. Epic fail.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

ZigZagBluesFan wrote:Image

4-10, .877 sv%, 4.27 gaa

:plusplus: That was going to be my worst blue of all time.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

Hallplante
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Hallplante »

Which one of the two criticized the leadership of two Hall of Famers, Brett Hull and Al MacInnis? That's the answer for most despicable management person.

cprice12 wrote:I'd say it's Laurie over Keenan. At least Keenan wanted to win.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

cprice12 wrote:

This isn't really fair. Laurie really really wanted to win for a while, and spent way to much money on a team in a market like St. Louis. He spoiled us with his spending, and then hit a wall and ****ed us.

Yes, he (the team) made some bad decision during his reign, but he did everything in his power to try and stay competitive with the high-spending Detroits and Colorados. The cards just never fell in the right way.

Then, he ****ed us. It is true that he gutted the team and bet it all on those few years. He basically went "all-in" and lost.

Do I hate him? Oh hell yes. **** that guy. Is he one of my most hated Blues? Yes.

But is it fair to say he didn't want to win? No.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

kodos wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

This isn't really fair. Laurie really really wanted to win for a while, and spent way to much money on a team in a market like St. Louis. He spoiled us with his spending, and then hit a wall and ****ed us.

Yes, he (the team) made some bad decision during his reign, but he did everything in his power to try and stay competitive with the high-spending Detroits and Colorados. The cards just never fell in the right way.

Then, he ****ed us. It is true that he gutted the team and bet it all on those few years. He basically went "all-in" and lost.

Do I hate him? Oh hell yes. **** that guy. Is he one of my most hated Blues? Yes.

I think competing with his brother-in-law(Avs) had a little to do with it, as well as the distractions of bringing in a nba team. Sure the money was there, but the $$ management/hockey knowledge was not. I like how frugal our current group is.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

kodos wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

What he wanted was an NBA team. And when that fell through, he bailed on the Blues.
I think his desire to see the Blues win was only fueled by a greater desire to own an NBA team.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

1st place: Dan Quinn
2nd place: Keith Tkachuk
3rd place: Adam Oates

honorable mention: Jack Quinn, Wayne Gretzky, Shayne Corson, Mike Keenan, Craig Janney, Ric Nattress, Dave Christian, Scott Pearson, Adam Creighton, Dale Hawerchuk, Petr Nedved, Jim Campbell, Darren Turcotte, the Goose, Chubby Turkey, Dave Barr
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

goon attack wrote:1st place: Dan Quinn
2nd place: Keith Tkachuk
3rd place: Adam Oates

honorable mention: Jack Quinn, Wayne Gretzky, Shayne Corson, Mike Keenan, Craig Janney, Ric Nattress, Dave Christian, Scott Pearson, Adam Creighton, Dale Hawerchuk, Petr Nedved, Jim Campbell, Darren Turcotte, the Goose, Chubby Turkey, Dave Barr
QFA
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.