Fire Murray?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Fire Murray?

Fire Murray
40%
Fire Murray
5%
Aode is a Tool
48%
Fire Murray
8%

Total votes: 40

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: Fire Murray?

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

northwest dave wrote:Ummm...did he not take Kariya off the PP unit and completely rearrange it???
I also noticed Kariya on the PK against Atlanta.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:
northwest dave wrote:Ummm...did he not take Kariya off the PP unit and completely rearrange it???
I also noticed Kariya on the PK against Atlanta.
All of 35 seconds, about same amount as Jackman. Probably during the 5 on 3.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

The Flake
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by The Flake »

It's easy to put the blame on Murry when the Blues aren't performing but I don't think that is where the blame should fall. In the last couple of games, the Blues have had a legit chance to win due to the increased amount of effort and desire from the players (which hasn't been there consistently this year IMHO).

Also Boyes should be benched. When I see him skate out there it reminds me of the cherry pickin' Pavel Bure without the skill. This dude needs to decide if he wants to be part of a team and work for his spot or sit on the sidelines and watch. He is talented and the team benefits when he decides that he wants to play but that isn't happening now. Personally, I'd rather have Wideman back.

Brewer needs to be traded ASAP. He is quite possibly the worst D on the team. Good defense isn't standing motionless at the top of the crease screening your own goalie. He is just holding up a spot for someone who deserves a chance to play.
Remember,
Amateurs built the ark ....
Professionals built the Titanic

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

The Flake wrote:Brewer needs to be traded ASAP. He is quite possibly the worst D on the team. Good defense isn't standing motionless at the top of the crease screening your own goalie. He is just holding up a spot for someone who deserves a chance to play.
Brewer and Murray are like a package deal it seems. It's almost like Murray's gone all-in on Brewer, and the river is a slowly developing turd.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

ohio BLUES wrote:
The Flake wrote:Brewer needs to be traded ASAP. He is quite possibly the worst D on the team. Good defense isn't standing motionless at the top of the crease screening your own goalie. He is just holding up a spot for someone who deserves a chance to play.
Brewer and Murray are like a package deal it seems. It's almost like Murray's gone all-in on Brewer, and the river is a slowly developing turd.
And Brewer = deuce seven to begin with. Emphasis on deuce.

That's Murray's problem right there. He's shoved Brewer down our throats for 3 years now. I mean, when do you say, "He's just not that guy." If I'm coach I say to mgmt, "I need a #1 D-man. NOW if you want me to compete for a playoff spot again."

Since you can't just fabricate one, I play Johnson as the #1 (he is clearly the most talented D we have) and get whatever I can get for Brewer. The experiment is over. The results are in. Brewer plain sucks at his job and has no business on this team let alone being it's leader. It's time to wake up, JD. Congrats on the hall and all, but your team needs you to do YOUR job RIGHT FRANKING NOW!
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

No response to my insightful post??? Guess I'm preaching to the choir.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I think that's the most frustrating thing of this run so far. We might as well have the Iraqi Information Minister as our GM, since there's no sign of any concern from anywhere in the organization. Well, there's a lot of concern about doing a lot of new advertising for a company that refuses to air half of your games, but other than that...
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

Problems with Murray and the organization:

1) Putting Pietrangelo out there with Brewer. Give me an effing break. Put out a rookie with one of our worst defensemen so he can start off his career minus infiniti? Petro should be paired with a defenseman that can cover for his rookie mistakes, not make more of his own.

2) Giving McClement and Crombeen the most icetime, even at even strength and even when we are behind. You wonder why we can't score. Well, half the time it is because we don't have scorers on the ice.

3) Winchester on the power play? How about Winchester in the press box or in Peoria instead? The young guys like Eller should be playing ahead of that scrub.

4) This isn't Murray but more of an organizational rant. Jonas Junland is basically the Mike Green of the AHL and should be up here ASAP. He's got more goals than Boyes, Berglund, and Backes combined. He's been running the point at Peoria, and he ran the point as a 19-20 year-old for Linkoping in the SEL. He WILL help offensively. Put him with Polak to cover any defensive mistakes.

5) How about identifying players that will fit well together on a line and keeping them together instead of throwing sh!t against the wall and hoping it sticks?

6) If I see Kariya and Johnson stand at the point and pass it back and forth again while the clock is ticking down on a 5-on-3, I am going to go postal.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Someone post the bipolar meter!

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:6) If I see Kariya and Johnson stand at the point and pass it back and forth again while the clock is ticking down on a 5-on-3, I am going to go postal.
I was about to kill my TV after that 5-on-3 against Calgary. Murray called a timeout before it to set up a play, which was great, but what the hell was he drawing on the board for them???? "OK, you stand here, you stand here, you stand here. Nobody move. Just pass the puck lazily around the perimeter. Give the goalie and defensemen plenty of time to adjust. See this area in front of the goalie? Don't stand there. He needs to have a clear view of our passes. We will lull them to sleep and then pounce with the perfect shot!"

That was the most wasted opportunity of the year. It's a 5-on-3 for crying out loud! Park Tkachuk's ass in front of the goalie, actually make some passes that get the goalie moving from side to side, get the puck on net, collapse and dig for the rebounds. At least screen the goalie and try to tip in a shot from the point. Do something!! Don't just stand around out there for frank's sake.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

deadphish wrote:No response to my insightful post??? Guess I'm preaching to the choir.
Deuce seven is questionable. More like a 2-3 offsuit.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Anyone else notice Sydor has been on the powerplay a few times lately?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Steve Levy Sucks
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Steve Levy Sucks »

Aode is a tool!

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

Sweetred95ta wrote:
BF44 wrote:In the last two games, the Blues have done everything right except in one area... putting the puck in the net.
Unless a team is having an off night, the Blues will never excel in that area under Andy Murray. Plain and simple, with or without Murray, this team needs a new system catered to the skill of the players.
Shouldn't you be using that crystal ball to get the Lotto numbers instead???

Ya know..... I'm not posting on the subject any more... I just COMPLETELY don't get the (alleged) logic...........

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Sign Murray to a lifetime contract!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

dmiles2186 wrote:Sign Murray to a lifetime contract!
WE WONZ 2 TEH KANUHKS!!1!!1!!!
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

BF44 wrote:Shouldn't you be using that crystal ball to get the Lotto numbers instead???

Ya know..... I'm not posting on the subject any more... I just COMPLETELY don't get the (alleged) logic...........
Didn't I mention that I posted that from my prototype atomic computer in the living quarters of my million dollar mansion? Lotto numbers are old news. :lol:

So, you don't believe the system could be any better? Tailored to the skill of our players? Or are you COMPLETELY content with the way this team plays?
I love hockey. Period.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

That sure was a great mirage game against VAN, eh?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Nyghtewynd wrote:That sure was a great mirage game against VAN, eh?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

illownyou
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by illownyou »

I'm on board...fire him!!!

Hell, if not for the fact that they'd have no respect for me, I could do a better job.
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...