What to do?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

What to do?

Nothing. Everything will work itself out and our bad luck will cease.
21%
Fire Murray. He's the problem.
47%
Make a trade. Any trade. Maybe trade from D depth for a scorer.
32%

Total votes: 34

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

What to do?

Post by deadphish »

NOW IS TEH TYME TO VOWT!!!!!
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: What to do?

Post by deadphish »

I voted to make a trade. We have a logjam
at D already. I say make some kind of deal for anyone that is a proven 20-25g scorer no matter what age.

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

We aren't gonna get much of a scorer from our D depth unless it's Pietrangelo or EJ, so I think Murray needs to be 86'd. I've recently started to believe his ass needs to be kicked out the door. We have problems beyond AM, but I think it needs to start with a hell of a firing of AM. :okman:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

EJ is untouchable. Pie, wonder what we could get?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

It's still a little to early to do anything drastic. If this team still sucks a big one a month from now, then can Murray.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

kodos wrote:It's still a little to early to do anything drastic. If this team still sucks a big one a month from now, then can Murray.
There are 64 games left, so a lot of time to straighten the ship. You are willing to wait it for a whole month (14 more games approx)?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I don't know. I've never been a big Murray fan, so they could can him tomorrow and I wouldn't care... but the guy did have an almost legendary second half last year. It's a tough call. This season is still very young... and yes, the play has been terrible... but they aren't that far out of it yet... they could win 3 or 4 games in a row and be right back in the 8th spot.

Felix
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Felix »

I'd choose to fire Murray but the poll misses one option I'm starting to be all for - just to tan the season :oops: and draft in top 5 and possibly in top 3 a star player instead of trading for it

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

We could always just stay the course & draft high. :ninja:
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Felix wrote:I'd choose to fire Murray but the poll misses one option I'm starting to be all for - just to tan the season :oops: and draft in top 5 and possibly in top 3 a star player instead of trading for it

You're joking right?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Unless we can draft a talent like Crosby or Ovetchkin, our days of hoping for a high pick are over. We already have more good young players then we know what to do with.

It's not like this team is bad enough to end the season in the bottom 5 anyway. It's just not going to happen.

I mean, don't get me wrong, you can't have to many good young players in your system, but still. That era has to be past us now. It's time to win some damn games.

Most of our good players came from later in the first round anyway.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Good players that arent being coached right. Very simple.
They need an open attack style instead of this boring crap.

Fire him before it's too late

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

It wouldn't be "mortgaging the future" to let Pie go in a trade. Or even him and another young D or fwd prospect. I think we need a jolt. Murray won't be fired IMHO. It would make more sense to trade from our defensive depth for a shooter that can help us win some games. As we all know, a few different bounces or post shots go our way and we are right in there competing.

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:Good players that arent being coached right. Very simple.
They need an open attack style instead of this boring crap.

Fire him before it's too late
I'm not calling for Murray's head yet, but I will be calling for it in 1 month if things don't improve.. that's 16 games. Give him the Barry Melrose test, 16 games and if the team is still sub-par, axe him!

As for the boring playing, I completely agree. From watching the highlights on YouTube, it's like watching a rip-off of the New Jersey Devil style, except not successful...

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

kodos wrote:... but the guy did have an almost legendary second half last year.

And if we keep this crap up for another month we'll need an even better second half this year. If you wait another month, and we're still this bad there's almost no reason to fire Andy because the season will already be lost.

You're not only loosing points, but you're risking destroying young players. Al was on with Bernie last week and basically said Murary has completely mishandled Berglund.

Oshie is struggling this year, and Eller didn’t look like a player that should even sniff the NHL for years up here.

If you want to develop these kids and build from with-in the organization, he’s got to go.

Hell, he can’t even motivate veterans either. The guy hates kids and lusts over vets and now even his veterans have forsaken him.

There are 22 games (a possible 44 points) between now and the end of December. That’s over 1/3 of your remaining schedule.

I say he’s got these three last home games to earn the month of December. If we can’t get at least 3 points out of these three games, he’s got to go.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

No!
Dont fracking wait!
We know what style of hockey this guy brings and it isnt good enough.
There are players on this team that would thrive in a system that is pressure, pace and attack.
Bergy, Oshie, Eller, Pie, EJ, Mac, Kariya, Backes, and then Boyes fit in well being the sniper that he is.
Im tired of this shit. Murray doesnt fit, no more "lets wait however many games" bullshit.
It's time for a change.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:No!
Dont fracking wait!
We know what style of hockey this guy brings and it isnt good enough.
There are players on this team that would thrive in a system that is pressure, pace and attack.
Bergy, Oshie, Eller, Pie, EJ, Mac, Kariya, Backes, and then Boyes fit in well being the sniper that he is.
Im tired of this shit. Murray doesnt fit, no more "lets wait however many games" bullshit.
It's time for a change.
Hard to disagree here.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

What would Jeebus do?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

If the Blues fire Murray, who is the next coach? Murray was hired from outside the system, the former ownership hired from within. Will Brian Shaw or Rick Wamsley be the next hire? Will the Blues go out and hire an established NHL head coach? I think the biggest problem right now is the Blues system isn't using the current players abilities. Shaw or another assistant will still preach the system, might even keep the same system if an outsider is hired. I don't support getting rid of Murray, just adapt the system.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

You cant adapt a system that is the exact opposite of what they need.
I wanna see these players play to their potential. Perron is a badass, let him become the badass that he is.
The PP has 0 movement, piss poor passing for players in the wrong spot. They never spread out the D.
It's like having Tom Brady and being a running team.
Open it up.
Murray = no excitement.