John Kelly is an awful play by play guy....

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

AK
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: John Kelly is an awful play by play guy....

Post by AK »

Yeah, I feel for you guys having to listen to that clown.

The funny thing is that Colorado managed to get rid of him and yet their TV crew is still just as terrible as it used to be 8)

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

How can anyone argue with the brilliance of this?
John Kelly screamed, not wrote:Here comes David Perron. IN TO COLAIACOVO! OH TO THE NET! And it just went wide. Tkachuk gets it. THAT SHOT BLOCKED! COLAIACOVO! HE SCORES! OH THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THEY HAVE DONE IT! COLAIACOVO!
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

ohio BLUES wrote:How can anyone argue with the brilliance of this?
John Kelly screamed, not wrote:Here comes David Perron. IN TO COLAIACOVO! OH TO THE NET! And it just went wide. Tkachuk gets it. THAT SHOT BLOCKED! COLAIACOVO! HE SCORES! OH THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THEY HAVE DONE IT! COLAIACOVO!
I felt like I was there! :lol:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

At least you're not Columbus. Those clowns have to be the worst announcers in the league. The Joe Morgans of hockey...only worse, if that's possible.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Ruutu15 wrote:At least you're not Columbus. Those clowns have to be the worst announcers in the league. The Joe Morgans of hockey...only worse, if that's possible.

++
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I had the local Altitude feed for last night's game. I haven't watched any other Avs games this season and didn't realize just how bad their announcers were now. Ugh. My wife got so fed up during the 3rd that she got up and took the dogs for a walk in single-digit weather instead. We could send Kelly back to Denver and it would be an upgrade for everyone.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Ruutu15 wrote:At least you're not Columbus. Those clowns have to be the worst announcers in the league. The Joe Morgans of hockey...only worse, if that's possible.
I love how the guy calls each game with the same loud monotone...terrible.

The nice thing about having Center Ice is many times they broadcast both the home and away feed. I'd love to have Canadian broadcasts of every game. (They don't seem to let the color guy ramble on over the entire game.) I'm still not feeling Pang is much of an upgrade yet.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

I really enjoyed the 10 min conversation about how 40 is open now and how it affects John, Darren, and Bernie's commutes during the game.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

section319 wrote:I really enjoyed the 10 min conversation about how 40 is open now and how it affects John, Darren, and Bernie's commutes during the game.
It really adds to the experience of the game doesn't it?

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Portland Blues wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:How can anyone argue with the brilliance of this?
I felt like I was there! :lol:
:plusplus:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

bluesnut
Prospect
Prospect

Post by bluesnut »

Whatever happened to Dan McLaughlan on the pregame show? I live in Kentucky and just got directv/center ice this year, so I don't know how long he has been gone from the pregame show.

Also, I agree with most and am very, very thankful we have Panger on our broadcast team.

Maybe someday we'll be able to see Kerber/Chase on FSN Midwest though.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

bluesnut wrote:Whatever happened to Dan McLaughlan on the pregame show? I live in Kentucky and just got directv/center ice this year, so I don't know how long he has been gone from the pregame show.

Also, I agree with most and am very, very thankful we have Panger on our broadcast team.

Maybe someday we'll be able to see Kerber/Chase on FSN Midwest though.
Yeah, I haven't seen him lately either. I cant remember if he was doing blues games earlier this season either. But good for him not that I particulary likethe guy but he is one of the announcer for the Cards, he probably shouldn't have to interview players at intermission or go do mo state womens volleyball. He's been pretty much Fsn's bitch fo a while maybe that has change, he sure has gained alot of weight though.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I've noticed Joel Goldberg is back with FS Midwest too. I know he went to Kansas City for awhile to cover the Royals and such for that area, so I don't know if he's just back working the Blues games with FS Midwest or what.

As for Dan Mac, maybe he grew a pair and said to the top dogs at FS Midwest that since he was the Cardinals announcer, they shouldn't pimp him out all winter long.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:I've noticed Joel Goldberg is back with FS Midwest too.

Another example of Fox Sports Gold. :roll:

Who the hell decided that people want mindless stiffs, that suck the organizations azz, move as if they are made of rusted steel, with hair that couldn’t possibly hold more gel covering their teams.

Did they take a survey? Was there a poll? I can’t believe it’s a mere coincidence that all these guys are so close to the same nor that they all suck.

No original opinions, no flexibility in their shoulders, no gel left in the bottles equals a fat pay check I guess.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund