Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby glen a richter » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:53 pm

ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Of course people who routinely spend 2 and a half hours in flashchat during gametime don't actually suck as fans, but do make every effort to suck as productive members of society. I'm just saying.

:lol:


So you're saying the people in flashchat are the best members of society and that we are just wasting away our potential?

Cause I gotta say, society......kinda overrated. It does a swell job of sucking on it's own.


I have no doubt in my mind that we are the best and the brightest.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:54 pm

glen a richter wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Of course people who routinely spend 2 and a half hours in flashchat during gametime don't actually suck as fans, but do make every effort to suck as productive members of society. I'm just saying.

:lol:


So you're saying the people in flashchat are the best members of society and that we are just wasting away our potential?

Cause I gotta say, society......kinda overrated. It does a swell job of sucking on it's own.


I have no doubt in my mind that we are the best and the brightest.


:shock:

Good Lord we're in trouble.
Image
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9392
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby ohio BLUES » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:05 pm

ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Of course people who routinely spend 2 and a half hours in flashchat during gametime don't actually suck as fans, but do make every effort to suck as productive members of society. I'm just saying.

:lol:


So you're saying the people in flashchat are the best members of society and that we are just wasting away our potential?

Cause I gotta say, society......kinda overrated. It does a swell job of sucking on it's own.


I have no doubt in my mind that we are the best and the brightest.


:shock:

Good Lord we're in trouble.

:plusplus:
Image

Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock
User avatar
ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 10346
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby WaukeeBlues » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:23 pm

When the Blues made the playoffs last year, that was a feeling I hadn't had in a long, long time. It was a bit of a tear-jerker considering how poorly the season had gone and not only looked like it was the turning point, but that things were only going to get better from there. Who in their right mind could have predicted this start of the season with the exact same team as last year and ADDING Paul Kariya and Erik Johnson? It's just that we put the expectations too high I think. At the same time, I think we had a right to expect good things.

I still love my Blues, and hey- back to back wins on the road... it's looking decent for once.

AND OH MAI GAWD WE ACTUALLZ ARE LURNING HOW 2 SCOR ON TEH SHOOTOUTZ!!!!
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4661
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby richtedm » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:19 pm

ohio BLUES wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Of course people who routinely spend 2 and a half hours in flashchat during gametime don't actually suck as fans, but do make every effort to suck as productive members of society. I'm just saying.

:lol:


So you're saying the people in flashchat are the best members of society and that we are just wasting away our potential?

Cause I gotta say, society......kinda overrated. It does a swell job of sucking on it's own.


I have no doubt in my mind that we are the best and the brightest.


:shock:

Good Lord we're in trouble.

:plusplus:


*ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ALERT*

glen a richter, you might be flase.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

Image
User avatar
richtedm
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: Dallass

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby glen a richter » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:38 pm

richtedm wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Of course people who routinely spend 2 and a half hours in flashchat during gametime don't actually suck as fans, but do make every effort to suck as productive members of society. I'm just saying.

:lol:


So you're saying the people in flashchat are the best members of society and that we are just wasting away our potential?

Cause I gotta say, society......kinda overrated. It does a swell job of sucking on it's own.


I have no doubt in my mind that we are the best and the brightest.


:shock:

Good Lord we're in trouble.

:plusplus:


*ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ALERT*

glen a richter, you might be flase.


Please take into consideration who I'm comparing you guys to.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby sseagle » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:21 pm

I hear the pretty girls hang out in flashchat too... or at least some hamsters...
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby illownyou » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 pm

:shock: :shock:

Wow...great convo guys...

Man...I almost feel obligated to have something to say, even though I know nobody really cares.

Before I begin I must disclosed my blazed state of mind...

So...let me just try to make sense when I attempt to say...

I'm with Kodos. I mean...I agree with him...Kodos.

On another note, I thought of a badasszz band name tonight.

Conceded Thoughts...

cause it sounds like the egotistical 'conceited, but means the exact opposite in that to concede a thought unto you I must be humble, say I laid down my arms on an argument having perhaps been proven wrong in an arguement...or caught red handed.

Whatever....

lets just say that I am a displaced 29 year old St. Louisan living in Tibuktoo, AR and have to often times listen to the Blues play...like Kerber and Chaser...cause I'm a broke mutherfuker who can't even afford NHL GameCenter Live...much less see the games and still bitch endlessly about things even while we're like 6-2-1 or whatever in our last 9 games or something...or...yeah.

Anyways...

and Krigloch The Furious...your the worst of em all.

Like seriously...some one smoke this guy out.

Weed...not guns....

Just in case the Feds are in on this shit...


Ok...enough.

Oh...and another thing...

The Bob Essensa Experience????
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...
User avatar
illownyou
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: In your head...

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby richtedm » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 am

Its like he's trying to say something... I can almost understand.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

Image
User avatar
richtedm
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: Dallass

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby thedoc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Howard Johnson is right about Bob Johnson being right.
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya
User avatar
thedoc
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby philco_3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm

thedoc wrote:Howard Johnson is right about Bob Johnson being right.


Oh, blow it out your ass, Howard. - Olson Johnson. :lol:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.
User avatar
philco_3
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby thedoc » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Rambushe
rambush.jpg
rambush.jpg (56.54 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya
User avatar
thedoc
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby xbleed83bluex » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Blues fans have the right to be upset. Growing up, the Blues had always been one of the best teams in the conference.

The season after the lockout we sucked. We had horrible goaltending in Lalime, an owner who didn't care about his team, traded one of the best defenseman in the world for crap, let go our leading scorer without signing anyone equal in return, and had horrible coaching. OK, we get it, there's no the the Blues could NOT suck in that situation.

This season, however, we have a fantastic goaltending, a dedicated owner, a 1st overall pick defensenman, a forward who scored 40+ goals last season with us, forwards with actual skill, and Paul FRANKING Kariya, who was one of the best players in the FREE WORLD at one point. We should be one of the best teams right now.

I almost think Murray may be worse than Kitchen - because Kitchen had absolutely nothing to work with, whereas Murray has great players to work with. Something to think about?
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.
User avatar
xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby WaukeeBlues » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:14 pm

xbleed83bluex wrote:I almost think Murray may be worse than Kitchen - because Kitchen had absolutely nothing to work with, whereas Murray has great players to work with. Something to think about?


Not only something to think about but one of the simplest truths in organized sports. When the talent is there and the team is losing, What's the problem? It's obviously the coach.

You're exactly right- it strains reason to believe that the majority of the Blues' better players are all are in a funk collectively. I feel like, for whatever god-only-knows reason, the Blues execs are collectively in love with Murray. Even when Checketts gave his "unacceptable" schpeal at the beginning of the year, it was directed at the players, not the coach.

I'm in favor of Murray gone at this point. Even when we DO win, it's barely. Our last three wins were 1-0, and two shootout wins. And we're the lowest scoring team in the NHL despite Perron, Backes, Boyes, Kariya, hell even Tkachuk. </rant>
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4661
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby glen a richter » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:10 pm

To be fair for just a split second, and no longer than that, Eric Brewer at the time seemed a relatively worthy commodity. He was a former top 5 pick who may well have been rushed to the NHL by the Islanders. Of course that doesn't excuse his epically sucking, and career -99. I tend to think that he sucks because he knows who he was traded for and has spent all this time trying to live up to the expectations that the previous ownership may have had for him... whether they actually had those expectations or not.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby WaukeeBlues » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 pm

glen a richter wrote:To be fair for just a split second, and no longer than that, Eric Brewer at the time seemed a relatively worthy commodity. He was a former top 5 pick who may well have been rushed to the NHL by the Islanders. Of course that doesn't excuse his epically sucking, and career -99. I tend to think that he sucks because he knows who he was traded for and has spent all this time trying to live up to the expectations that the previous ownership may have had for him... whether they actually had those expectations or not.


I'll admit. AT THE TIME, I was decently happy that the Blues at least got someone who was a possible up-and-comer who could at least contribute right away. I also held out hope for the prospects we got too.

Now we're past the point of diminishing returns and I just don't see him (or Jackman for that matter) getting any better as the years tick by here.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4661
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: Blues fans - you kind of suck. I'm just saying.

Postby xbleed83bluex » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:35 pm

WaukeeBlues wrote:
glen a richter wrote:To be fair for just a split second, and no longer than that, Eric Brewer at the time seemed a relatively worthy commodity. He was a former top 5 pick who may well have been rushed to the NHL by the Islanders. Of course that doesn't excuse his epically sucking, and career -99. I tend to think that he sucks because he knows who he was traded for and has spent all this time trying to live up to the expectations that the previous ownership may have had for him... whether they actually had those expectations or not.


I'll admit. AT THE TIME, I was decently happy that the Blues at least got someone who was a possible up-and-comer who could at least contribute right away. I also held out hope for the prospects we got too.

Now we're past the point of diminishing returns and I just don't see him (or Jackman for that matter) getting any better as the years tick by here.



I remember the very first game Brewer played for us. He scored a goal and the crowd went wild. They were thinking "wow...looks like we got something great." However, it would only go downhill from there.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.
User avatar
xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:26 pm

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests