GDT: Blues @ Min 7pm FSMW (No DishNet)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: Blues @ Min 7pm FSMW (No DishNet)

Post by STLADOGG »

well....boyes hada good night mason sukd ballz just lik about every1 else exexpt mac and bergy 3 straight games with goals 4 bergy btw
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

At least Berglund is back. Or should have his confidence back anyway
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

section319 wrote:Bad third period, defense has to be stronger on that last goal and Mason is gonna want a couple of those back.

And Perron continues to get bullshit minutes and somehow Brewer got out of this game even.
You forgot to add how shitty Jackman was tonight: bad pass led to a 2-on-1, got beat for a breakaway, and allowed a wide open back door passed that they luckily fanned on in the 1st period, and then got caught up ice for the 2-on-1 that led to the 3rd goal in the 3rd period. He didn't make it out of the game even.

I think this team's biggest problem even with our lack of scoring is defense. We can't get the puck out of our own end or spring any quick breakout or transition passes. I think Murray feels he needs to pack it in defensively as well to compensate for our lack of quality defensemen.

Guess what, Berglund actually starts producing once he gets paired with at least one decent linemate and gets 15 minutes in a game. Who knew?

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:
Guess what, Berglund actually starts producing once he gets paired with at least one decent linemate and gets 15 minutes in a game. Who knew?

You mean it's not becasue Murray is a genius and kept sitting the kid and then skating him with a bunch of no talent hacks?

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

DaDitka wrote:

You mean it's not becasue Murray is a genius and kept sitting the kid and then skating him with a bunch of no talent hacks?
I don't understand why this team employs as many no talent hacks as it does. I know the kids are raw, but there's 10 times the talent down at Peoria than there is on the NHL level grinder lines. Their talent is being pissed away by the crap goaltending of Bishop and Toivonen. Put them on a team with better goaltending (most of the time) and watch them flourish. And shift Junland to a forward position.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

section319 wrote:Bad third period, defense has to be stronger on that last goal and Mason is gonna want a couple of those back.

And Perron continues to get bullshit minutes and somehow Brewer got out of this game even.
You forgot to add how shitty Jackman was tonight: bad pass led to a 2-on-1, got beat for a breakaway, and allowed a wide open back door passed that they luckily fanned on in the 1st period, and then got caught up ice for the 2-on-1 that led to the 3rd goal in the 3rd period. He didn't make it out of the game even.

I think this team's biggest problem even with our lack of scoring is defense. We can't get the puck out of our own end or spring any quick breakout or transition passes. I think Murray feels he needs to pack it in defensively as well to compensate for our lack of quality defensemen.

That's nothing new though, Jackman is pretty bad on most nights. As well, as our defenseman turning the puck over trying to make breakout passes that they shouldn't even be thinking about let alone attempting. I think our scoring would improve greatly with better transition from the defenseman to forwards, obviously, but I think we need a solid puck moving d-man just as much as a scoring forward. EJ and Petro will be there one day, but I think that would be a real key to improving this team tremendously right now, I think our forwards can get it done if they were able to transition better and that starts with the defense.

And I still don't understand why Murray insists on putting Crombeen with Berglund and Perron. At least Steen would bring some kind of offensive upside to that line that Crombeen doesn't. How does he justify having Steen on the power play, but then puts him on a fourth line with McClement and Winchester. And take Tkachuk off that line with McDonald and Boyes, that's almost as bad as having Crombeen with DP and Bergs.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

STLADOGG wrote:well....boyes hada good night mason sukd ballz just lik about every1 else exexpt mac and bergy 3 straight games with goals 4 bergy btw
Boyes had a good night? Yea, he had 2 assists but he probably should have had 2 goals as well. There was at least two good scoring chances he had that imploded into nothing. That was the difference of the game.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:well....boyes hada good night mason sukd ballz just lik about every1 else exexpt mac and bergy 3 straight games with goals 4 bergy btw
Boyes had a good night? Yea, he had 2 assists but he probably should have had 2 goals as well. There was at least two good scoring chances he had that imploded into nothing. That was the difference of the game.
Yeah, he just hasn't been able to finish like he usually can. He usually misses the net a lot, but usually he has streaks of being able to finish and score, he just can't this season. He is still leading the team in points so I can't really get too mad at him.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Yeah one thing that has just been AWFUL this year is Boyes's finishing touch. He either fans, whiffs, falls down, or shoots it right into the goalie. It's good that he's making lots of passes, but that commercial with John Hamm talking about how Boyes always finds the back of the net is just a joke at this point.

He needs to just spend a practice onetiming and shooting at close range with people in his face. Or even just rushing towards him, because a lot of times he whiffs while he's WIDE open.