GDT: Blues v Hawks 7pm FSMW (no dish)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GDT: Blues v Hawks 7pm FSMW (no dish)

Post by cprice12 »

philco_3 wrote:
cprice12 wrote: Weaver destroyed that Hawks player (name escapes me) at center ice. You won't see a better open ice hit than that.

Hope Walt's ok...that looked nasty. :aaaa:
Sharp, I believe.
Bingo.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Ruutu15 wrote:Wow...Cam is so tough that he's gone after BRENT SOPEL in two consecutive games. :lol:

Do you just ignore the two times Eager wouldn't go with Janssen in two consecutive games?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

We started the game awesome, but after a while they just went back to the same team they have been all season. The power play was looking a ton better early on than it did by the end of the night, guys are holding on to the puck too long and not passing enough, other than the two guys on the point. They had the right idea at the beginning and then they just went back to their old ways, I know it is early to expect major changes, but they just looked like a pretty good team at the beginning. Despite it being a blow out by the end of the game, this is one of the better games I have watched this season from them.

Portland Blues wrote:I'm going with a 6-2 result in this one.

If it weren't for Tkachuk getting his face in the way..

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

I really feel (even in the second and third periods) that this team had fire all night. Take away some softies by Conklin and some bad breaks off Jackman, the Blues were in this game. I watched the game with my brother and just looked at him with shear amazement at some point in the second period and said, "Do you see what I see? The Blues are actually connecting on neutral zone passing!"

I was happy with the game last night; I saw a change. I am aware that I was probably looking for it, but it was there. They were battling for the pucks more, their offensive puck control was very impressive for this team and they took smarter shots. Even though the defense was still a little weak, I turned that game off with a smile on my face. The steps to being back as a feared team are being made slowly by surely.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Oh yea thought you would all enjoy this.

[youtube][/youtube]

And shut it Olczyk, you tool.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

The first period was wonderful. Unfortunately the hawks are just a really good team. After we got down a few goals you could just see the energy leave the ice. Hopefully we will have a good west coast run and get some points and get the season going.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I just watched the fight clips. Janssen did EXACTLY what he should do, which is try to cream any Hawk player on the ice.

Waukee- I'm utterly perplexed by your attitude. Janssen tried to hit Sopel and then Sopel started crosschecking Janssen, essentially starting that brawl. Not only is your attitude insane on this, you don't have a grasp on what actually went down! :P

Did you start smoking crack? :mrgreen:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

goon attack wrote:I just watched the fight clips. Janssen did EXACTLY what he should do, which is try to cream any Hawk player on the ice.

Waukee- I'm utterly perplexed by your attitude. Janssen tried to hit Sopel and then Sopel started crosschecking Janssen, essentially starting that brawl. Not only is your attitude insane on this, you don't have a grasp on what actually went down! :P

Did you start smoking crack? :mrgreen:
Law school is eating away at my sanity :ninja:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

anyone heard anything about Walts face?

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:anyone heard anything about Walts face?
Has two ears, a mouth, nose, two eyes (or at least used to)...

...and scores goals. :letsgoblues:

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Walt isn't going to be able to eat cheeseburgers? OH NOES!

That was a man-sized hit, BTW. Twelve shades of awesome. :)
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

:letsgoblues: Best goal Tkachuk has scored all year. It looked like he had his top teeth knocked out and or nose broken.
Last edited by philco_3 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

ambill10
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ambill10 »

When I saw it live I actually thought Weaver might have left his feet, but I think he just crouched slightly and exploded into the check. I think it was a clean hit (no charging) and awesome. Sharp knows better than to skate with his head down for that long in the neutral zone.

The physical play and energy were good last night. Hopefully this random chunk of off nights will give Payne some practice time to implement some changes, especially on the PP. I'm interested to see what the team looks like on Wednesday night as they begin their west coast road trip.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I thought there were some good things out there tonight, and some really, really lousy stuff too.

It isn't like the problems of this team can't be corrected with proper coaching and a little focus from the players.

We had hella chances, just totally missed the net. That's on the players.

Question for the board, why can't we put our lines together at the top of the powerplay so that either point is in position to fire a one time shot? In that same vein, we can't we get enough spacing so that the high forwards aren't in that shooting lane - does it seem like we make the ice smaller and help teams be in position to block or deflect shots? ... course all this is pointless when you can't hit the net anyway...
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

brewer can one time from the point pretty good, right?

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Tkachuk must have thought the puck was a donut.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Strickland wrote:Keith Tkachuk lost four teeth and received several stitches both on the inside and outside of his mouth after taking a puck in the face.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

abc789987 wrote:
Strickland wrote:Keith Tkachuk lost four teeth and received several stitches both on the inside and outside of his mouth after taking a puck in the face.
Also, there was no bone damage to his mouth or face. I read that he had extensive oral surgery. So, hopefully he'll be back soon (next game) probably with a full faced shield/cage.
Last edited by Sweetred95ta on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love hockey. Period.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Well, I don't know about you motherfreakers, but this clinches it for me: each NHL player should be required to ride around in a little armored tank in order to prevent this sort of thing from happening ever again.