Pietrangelo to OHL

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Pietrangelo to OHL

Post by SteveO »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
Prngr44 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Is a player who can't play in the NHL and currently has so many flaws the type of player who should have gotten such a high draft pick?
During the draft I know they said he wasn't as far along in his progress at others but his ceiling was much higher.

I suppose it's the risk/reward factor in play.
I guess that's why I'm kind of impatient myself. It had kind of sounded from the scouting reports like the 4 of those defensemen in the draft were all raring to go with Petro needing only a little touch up work and playing a different style/less physical. Seeing Doughty, Bogosian and Schenn off and running makes it a little more difficult to be patient I guess.

Exceptions to the rule. I know.
I don't even think they're exceptions. WYSIWYG. That was the problem though. Their ceilings weren't rated as high. Sure they'll get better, but not as much as Pietrangelo MIGHT. Therein lies the risk.

I don't have a problem holding onto the entry level deal one more year. Sydor likely gone, Weaver likely gone, then you can insert his almost $4M cap hit into the lineup and start burning the RFA candle.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Pietrangelo to OHL

Post by stlbluz »

BY PATRICK KING
sportsnet.ca

Canadian world junior silver medallist Alex Pietrangelo is being traded from the Niagara IceDogs to the Barrie Colts, Sportsnet has learned.

Pietrangelo, whose NHL rights belong to the St. Louis Blues, was assigned to the OHL's Niagara IceDogs on Wednesday.

The move comes after Pietrangelo earned a silver medal with Canada's national team following a 6-5 overtime loss to the United States in the world junior hockey championship game Tuesday night.

Pietrangelo led all defenceman in scoring in the tournament with 12 points (three goals, nine assists).

He was also named the tournament's top defenceman.

Prior to taking part in the world junior tournament, Pietrangelo had a goal and an assist in nine games with the Blues.

With files from THE CANADIAN PRESS
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald