T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby stlmark » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:36 pm

It was an accidental slewfooting. He didn't mean it and I certainly don't remember him grabbing accross Ebbett's chest!

Stupid Wild! Time to burn more of their equipment! Wild fire anyone? :twisted:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
User avatar
stlmark
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:12 am
Location: over there ---->

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby ambill10 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 pm

I would be shocked if the league penalized Oshie further, considering the referees on the ice did not even feel that he did it. I don't see how they can suspend or fine him after the fact on something that was clearly just two guys going for the puck.
User avatar
ambill10
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 am
Location: Saint Louis University

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:33 am

Oshie will be suspended for the season.
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9487
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby ohio BLUES » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:10 am

ViPeRx007 wrote:Oshie will be suspended for the season.

And awarded to New Jersey.
Image

Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock
User avatar
ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 10346
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby goon attack » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:55 am

and thrown into Mike Danton's old cell.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17073
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby JWatt (formerly PMS) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:27 am

It was a textbook slewfoot. I don't think he did it on purpose, though. He had his arms in front of Ebbett and his legs behind him, and he pulled his upper body back with his arms. I just think that he was battling for position and didn't realize his legs were in a position to take Ebbett down. It's a slewfoot, a dangerous play, and it's impossible to determine Oshie's intent.
JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:50 am
Location: Saint Charles, MO

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby Guppy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:14 am

if Minnesota was so concerned about it and saying a call should have been made, then they should have not started the near line brawl to even things out. Flipping Wild. :roll:
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders
User avatar
Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14178
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Location: North City

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby ohio BLUES » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Guppy wrote:if Minnesota was so concerned about it and saying a call should have been made, then they should have not started the near line brawl to even things out. Flipping Wild. :roll:

Well that's the silliest argument ever. You know hockey players are going to take offense to what they see as dirty play, 912 times out of 912 plays.
Image

Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock
User avatar
ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 10346
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby goon attack » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:37 pm

and by that logic, since there's not nearly as much violence as is desirable, we can conclude that we need more dirty plays to get things going at a good pace again.
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17073
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby cprice12 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:00 pm

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:It was a textbook slewfoot. I don't think he did it on purpose, though. He had his arms in front of Ebbett and his legs behind him, and he pulled his upper body back with his arms. I just think that he was battling for position and didn't realize his legs were in a position to take Ebbett down. It's a slewfoot, a dangerous play, and it's impossible to determine Oshie's intent.


Well, the way I see it, a slewfoot is an intentional, dirty play. If it's an unintentional play, it's incidental contact and there's no penalty anyway.

Oshie and Ebbett both went into the boards and had each other tied up. Oshie goes down and his leg takes out Ebbett's legs. That's not a slewfoot. It was two guys battling for the puck.

I can see calling a holding penalty on Oshie, but a suspension for a slewfoot? No...I don't think so.
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19532
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby Guppy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:02 pm

ohio BLUES wrote:
Guppy wrote:if Minnesota was so concerned about it and saying a call should have been made, then they should have not started the near line brawl to even things out. Flipping Wild. :roll:

Well that's the silliest argument ever. You know hockey players are going to take offense to what they see as dirty play, 912 times out of 912 plays.

and that is what wins games let me tell ya. How about taking some shots now and then. They did not even appear they wanted to play a game and were looking for the game the next night or something.
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders
User avatar
Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14178
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Location: North City

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby kodos » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm

So how long was Oshie's suspension?
Image
User avatar
kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 11893
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby dhabums » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 am

strocklen083 wrote:Until this morning I had never even heard of the term "slew-foot". I don't know what it is and don't care what it is. That play was just good hard hustle towards the puck. If the Wild want to continue to bitch about it then that just makes them a bunch of pansy ass jabronis!


User avatar
dhabums
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:35 am

Re: T.J. Oshie slewfoot Andrew Ebbett ?

Postby cprice12 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 am

dhabums wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:Until this morning I had never even heard of the term "slew-foot". I don't know what it is and don't care what it is. That play was just good hard hustle towards the puck. If the Wild want to continue to bitch about it then that just makes them a bunch of pansy ass jabronis!




Now THAT, is a slewfoot.
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19532
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ComradeT, gaijin, glen a richter, Jason82807, STLADOGG and 4 guests