GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby thedoc » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Larry you are correct, please forgive my error. Now allow me to correct myself.

Blues 3

Nucks 2

Canadian beer sucks eh
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya
User avatar
thedoc
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby ilhockeyguy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:15 pm

McClement - Steen - Backes
I like it, only second to the McBacNiak line..

I feel good about this lineup tonight, minus the fact I hate Sydor and he's being paired with Weaver (the 2 smallest dmen we have) I'm sure they'll play with Oshie - Boyes - Kariya line (2 of the biggest pansies on the ice...getting knocked off the puck every dang time...)

I still think we might just win

Blues 4
Ducks in canoes 2
ilhockeyguy
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:47 pm
Location: 6 blocks from Scott...

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Optimistic

Blues 3
Canucks 2
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby dmiles2186 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:43 pm

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu

Sucks.
Image

Official 2013-2014 Sponsor Extraordinaire of Alex "Petro" Pietrangelo
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 5855
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Image Image

yOSHI!!!!!
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby Portland Blues » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Weak call followed by a weak goal. So much for the refs calling everything against Vancouver...

:bert:
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby Krigloch the Furious » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm

wow. that was freakin horrible.
loved the "high sticking" call. I want someone to crosscheck the Sedins in the face.
User avatar
Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Location: Springfield, IL

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby Portland Blues » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Would be awesome if we could score in the final 3 minutes of a game one of these days...

:facepalm:
User avatar
Portland Blues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Portland Orygun

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby WaukeeBlues » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:35 pm

So close yet so far.
Image
User avatar
WaukeeBlues
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 4660
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Phi Alpha

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby cprice12 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Horrible, horrible call on Kariya by a referee standing six blocks away and then a bad goal allowed by Conklin on the ensuing penalty kill...and then another horrible, horrible high sticking call on the Blues.
In the final 12 minutes, the Blues got 4 minutes in penalties and neither should have been called.

Bad break when Johnson hits the crossbar with a minute and a half to go.

God I hate Vancouver.

We got screwed and then we allowed a bad goal and then we hit the crossbar. F'ing frustrating.

Ugh. We could have pulled to within 3 pts. of a playoff spot. Missed opportunities and seemingly allowing two 3rd period goals every game are absolutely killing this team.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19456
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby Prison Bull » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 am

:cup:

PWNED!!! Crombeen was being dogged all night by the Vancouver Sportsnet crew. Skated by several tap-ins not to mention ghey third man jumping of Rypien. Has Johnson never watched any tape of Rypien? Poor kid would have been KO'd. Janssen gets to rest his glass mug. /endtroll

A few cheap calls in the third as the Blues were quite effective hacking all night long without drawing a penalty for it. Tough way to lose but this was certainly a game the Canucks seemed completely disinterested in. There was a total lack of passion. I suppose it's hard to get up for the weaker teams in the league. Vancouver tends to play to their level. The Blues really have been disappointing this year. I thought they would so much better. Conklin looked weak on all three goals. Not sure if you guys see the improvement in the Sedin/Burrows line. They have been putting everything in the net (except tonight). Good job of keeping them off the score sheet though they did own the puck out there.
kodos wrote:At least cancer kids have an end to look forward to.
User avatar
Prison Bull
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby Jackman_the_Iceman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 am

The long list of players I hate has grown by 2 after tonight. Add both Sedins to that list. One Sedin pissed me off but I can't tell them apart so both will go on my list. Plus I found it weird how Vancouver fans had a hard-on for the Blues, given it was a 1st round matchup they should easily won(and did :( ). First, all the fans coming to St. Louis boards talking shit and then the whole Bieska/Backes/Kelly thing. For Vancouver having a large Asian population, they aren't very calm and zen-like.
Image
User avatar
Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby Getzkee » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:06 am

Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:The long list of players I hate has grown by 2 after tonight. Add both Sedins to that list. One Sedin pissed me off but I can't tell them apart so both will go on my list. Plus I found it weird how Vancouver fans had a hard-on for the Blues, given it was a 1st round matchup they should easily won(and did :( ). First, all the fans coming to St. Louis boards talking shit and then the whole Bieska/Backes/Kelly thing. For Vancouver having a large Asian population, they aren't very calm and zen-like.


If their was a large Asian population living in South St. Louis and downtown, would you be calm and zen-like?
User avatar
Getzkee
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:56 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby DaDitka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:58 am

cprice12 wrote:Horrible, horrible call on Kariya by a referee standing six blocks away and then a bad goal allowed by Conklin on the ensuing penalty kill...and then another horrible, horrible high sticking call on the Blues.
In the final 12 minutes, the Blues got 4 minutes in penalties and neither should have been called.

Bad break when Johnson hits the crossbar with a minute and a half to go.

God I hate Vancouver.

We got screwed and then we allowed a bad goal and then we hit the crossbar. F'ing frustrating.

Ugh. We could have pulled to within 3 pts. of a playoff spot. Missed opportunities and seemingly allowing two 3rd period goals every game are absolutely killing this team.



Exactly.

We were realy taking the game to them in the third until that BS call.
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
User avatar
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: sailing with the Captain

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby philco_3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:27 pm

NHL needs to step and have a get together with the refs or something here cause these BS calls are getting out of control.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.
User avatar
philco_3
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby DaDitka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Did you hear the music in the arena last night after they scored on the BS call against Paulie?

I believe it was Green Day’s ‘American Idiot’.

I found it funny, but could you imagine if the circumstances were reversed.
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
User avatar
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: sailing with the Captain

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby Guppy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 pm

DaDitka wrote:Did you hear the music in the arena last night after they scored on the BS call against Paulie?

I believe it was Green Day’s ‘American Idiot’.

I found it funny, but could you imagine if the circumstances were reversed.

Now why would they play something like that when the guy (Kariya) is not only Canadian but from Vancouver. :doh:
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders
User avatar
Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 14178
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Location: North City

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby DaDitka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Guppy wrote:
DaDitka wrote:Did you hear the music in the arena last night after they scored on the BS call against Paulie?

I believe it was Green Day’s ‘American Idiot’.

I found it funny, but could you imagine if the circumstances were reversed.

Now why would they play something like that when the guy (Kariya) is not only Canadian but from Vancouver. :doh:


That was my first thought, but then I figured since we were an 'American' team and considering the playoff match-up last year and the big deal that had been made about our success in western Canada.
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
User avatar
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: sailing with the Captain

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Vancouver - 9pm, KMOX, FSMW

Postby cprice12 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 pm

DaDitka wrote:
Guppy wrote:
DaDitka wrote:Did you hear the music in the arena last night after they scored on the BS call against Paulie?

I believe it was Green Day’s ‘American Idiot’.

I found it funny, but could you imagine if the circumstances were reversed.

Now why would they play something like that when the guy (Kariya) is not only Canadian but from Vancouver. :doh:


That was my first thought, but then I figured since we were an 'American' team and considering the playoff match-up last year and the big deal that had been made about our success in western Canada.


Sooo...the next time Vancouver is in St. Louis, do we play "Canadian Idiot" by Weird Al Yankovic?
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19456
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], ORBluesFan and 4 guests

cron