2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:41 pm

THIS DOWN TIME DOES NOT APPLY TO THE FORUM.
The forum will remain online.

I'll be taking the site down for some maintenance and updates hopefully sometime today, and i'll hopefully have it up late tonight or tomorrow (barring any issues).

I'm implementing a new CMS that will eventually tie into the forum and integrate everything site-wide. This is a LONG overdue project that I have finally found some time to work on. After that, I'll begin work on the new LGB Shop, which will feature new items, new shirt designs, new products, etc...another long overdue project.
And I still owe someone a shirt for winning last year's Playoff Pick'em contest. (yes, it's THAT overdue. Building a house and having our first child has taken up 99% of my free time)

I also sent an email out to everyone.
It will be back up as soon as I can get it back up.

Thanks.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby glen a richter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:48 pm

We need another shirt design contest, and a fix to flashchat. That mother is lagging like there's no tomorrow, as of late.
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 pm

glen a richter wrote:We need another shirt design contest, and a fix to flashchat. That mother is lagging like there's no tomorrow, as of late.


Flashchat is on my list of things to do. I'll focus on that after I finish today and tomorrow's work on the site.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby keithp40 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:44 am

cprice12 wrote:............ having our first child has taken up 99% of my free time)


you still have 1% left!
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"
User avatar
keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 am

keithp40 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:............ having our first child has taken up 99% of my free time)


you still have 1% left!


And I have to squeeze, home improvement projects, web site work, volleyball, hockey, and Blues games into that 1%.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby sseagle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:05 am

cprice12 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:We need another shirt design contest, and a fix to flashchat. That mother is lagging like there's no tomorrow, as of late.


Flashchat is on my list of things to do. I'll focus on that after I finish today and tomorrow's work on the site.



Yay!
Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image
User avatar
sseagle
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:48 am

I've implimented some of the changes.
The new CMS is up and running.
If you no longer see the header for the forum, go here: http://www.letsgoblues.com/cms/ and browse to the Forum from there.

Yeah, I know...some of you are hating the narrower forum, but this is just until I get a bridge set up between the CMS and the forum. The bridge will allow your forum username to be used all over the site for commenting on articles and other things.
I'll work on widening the forum after the bridge is done.

Flashchat is incorporated better in the CMS, so is the BluesTube page and some other pages.

The site is hardly done. I still have more sections and CMS modules to add. But I wanted to get the foundation up first.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby keithp40 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 am

like the new site, although i do miss seeing the ducks girls on the front page for a month! when is the store going to be up? or is it already?
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"
User avatar
keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:08 am

keithp40 wrote:like the new site, although i do miss seeing the ducks girls on the front page for a month! when is the store going to be up? or is it already?


Store isn't ready yet. I need to get the CMS fully up and running, then fix Flashchat, then I'll work on getting the store up and running along with installing other CMS modules, then bridging the forum to the CMS.

:shock:
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:10 am

Sorry guys, I inadvertently changed our nameservers when I was messing around with a redirect...so the site was unavailable for most of the morning.

Hopefully, the site becomes available again to everyone shortly.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby abc789987 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Not sure if it's just me but when I have been clicking the view new post icon next to a thread, it doesn't seem to be taking me to the newest post for me. I am finding my self having deja vu re-reading messages.

Is stuff still getting updated? Maybe I'm hallucinating?
...
abc789987
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Location: Indiana?

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:40 pm

abc789987 wrote:Not sure if it's just me but when I have been clicking the view new post icon next to a thread, it doesn't seem to be taking me to the newest post for me. I am finding my self having deja vu re-reading messages.

Is stuff still getting updated? Maybe I'm hallucinating?


I haven't changed anything in the forum, except remove the header.
It should still be working as it has in the past.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby abc789987 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:44 pm

cprice12 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:Not sure if it's just me but when I have been clicking the view new post icon next to a thread, it doesn't seem to be taking me to the newest post for me. I am finding my self having deja vu re-reading messages.

Is stuff still getting updated? Maybe I'm hallucinating?


I haven't changed anything in the forum, except remove the header.
It should still be working as it has in the past.

Hmm did it again when I clicked on this one. Maybe I need to clear my cookies or something...
...
abc789987
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Location: Indiana?

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 pm

abc789987 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:Not sure if it's just me but when I have been clicking the view new post icon next to a thread, it doesn't seem to be taking me to the newest post for me. I am finding my self having deja vu re-reading messages.

Is stuff still getting updated? Maybe I'm hallucinating?


I haven't changed anything in the forum, except remove the header.
It should still be working as it has in the past.

Hmm did it again when I clicked on this one. Maybe I need to clear my cookies or something...


Try using this URL to access the forum: www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB
And then try the "most recent post" thing.
If it works, then it's the CMS wrapper interfering with forum functionality and that will be corrected when I bridge the forum and CMS.
But if that doesn't work, then I'll have to figure out what it is...because I have no clue off hand.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby abc789987 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:16 am

cprice12 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:Not sure if it's just me but when I have been clicking the view new post icon next to a thread, it doesn't seem to be taking me to the newest post for me. I am finding my self having deja vu re-reading messages.

Is stuff still getting updated? Maybe I'm hallucinating?


I haven't changed anything in the forum, except remove the header.
It should still be working as it has in the past.

Hmm did it again when I clicked on this one. Maybe I need to clear my cookies or something...


Try using this URL to access the forum: http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB
And then try the "most recent post" thing.
If it works, then it's the CMS wrapper interfering with forum functionality and that will be corrected when I bridge the forum and CMS.
But if that doesn't work, then I'll have to figure out what it is...because I have no clue off hand.

When I use that link to the forum everything works fine. But I am still having a problem if I come here from the home page. It's happening at work and from home, so it's not just my computer.
...
abc789987
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Location: Indiana?

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:17 pm

abc789987 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:Not sure if it's just me but when I have been clicking the view new post icon next to a thread, it doesn't seem to be taking me to the newest post for me. I am finding my self having deja vu re-reading messages.

Is stuff still getting updated? Maybe I'm hallucinating?


I haven't changed anything in the forum, except remove the header.
It should still be working as it has in the past.

Hmm did it again when I clicked on this one. Maybe I need to clear my cookies or something...


Try using this URL to access the forum: http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB
And then try the "most recent post" thing.
If it works, then it's the CMS wrapper interfering with forum functionality and that will be corrected when I bridge the forum and CMS.
But if that doesn't work, then I'll have to figure out what it is...because I have no clue off hand.

When I use that link to the forum everything works fine. But I am still having a problem if I come here from the home page. It's happening at work and from home, so it's not just my computer.


Yeah, I know what it is. It's the fact that the site is contained in the CMS wrapper. I need to install the header within the forum software and just link to the forum from the home page and ditch the wrapper feature. I'll fix it when I have a chance, along with some other things that need attention. It's a work in progress.

I appreciate everyone's patience while the transition to the new CMS is taking place. My free time is limited to a couple hours a night at best, so it takes numerous nights to figure out what is wrong and then actually fix it.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice

Re: 2/7/10 & 2/8/10 -- Site Maintenance and Down Time

Postby cprice12 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 pm

Ok...the forum has it's own header now, which looks a lot like the header on the rest of the site...but it's not in the CMS wrapper, so the forum should function like it always had...and it's back to 100% width.
Image
Image
User avatar
cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19481
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Location: Center Ice


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ecbm, STLADOGG, ViPeRx007 and 5 guests