GDT: Blues vs Capitals, 7 PM. FSMW, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: Blues vs Capitals, 7 PM. FSMW, KMOX

Post by sseagle »

I am now 2-0 for attendance, unfortunately they were both also losses, because shootouts are bullshit.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I sit at 1-1-2 on the season...if you would have told me that the one win would be the Caps, I would have thought you were crazy. That was a helluva game to be at tonight. Reel and I and the folks we were with were jumping around like crazy the majority of the night. Best Blues game I've been to in awhile.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:I sit at 1-1-2 on the season...if you would have told me that the one win would be the Caps, I would have thought you were crazy. That was a helluva game to be at tonight. Reel and I and the folks we were with were jumping around like crazy the majority of the night. Best Blues game I've been to in awhile.
Even though Reel was there with you?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Indeed Glenny, even though Reel was with me. It's always a good time when you can see a win, and sit around and make fun of all the clueless Capitals (and Blues) fans around you.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

The Johnson goal was nice, with the whole place screaming "SHOOT" they flicked one more pass and buried it.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

Impressive win. Unless we get completely blown away by an offer, I think over the past few games, this team has earned the chance to stand pat and go for the playoffs.
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

JCShutout wrote:Impressive win. Unless we get completely blown away by an offer, I think over the past few games, this team has earned the chance to stand pat and go for the playoffs.
:plusplus: eerily similar to last season. It's so close. I doubt there will be a whole lot of wheeling and dealing but we'll see. I can still see Kariya being dealt, especially if the return is anything close to decent. He's about the only one though, I think they'll hold onto Tkachuk again. No complaints.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

now THAT was Blues Hockey.

Mason standing on his head, the kids making moves (esp Berglund.. my god!) and PP goal from the point. Nice.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

good call, drwoland

you need confidence with the puck. you need to deke with the puck in an unpredictable way. go through the middle.

I saw boyes PUSS OUT and sit on the far post when somebody was trying a wrap around on the other side... had BOYEZ crashed through the front of the crease, he might have scored. THAT'S the kind of sh!t that pisses me off. But hey, each team has a floater or two... if they aren't Cup contenders.

Either Boyes steps it up or I say get what you can for him. Somebody else will step up to fill the void. There's a reason guys like Dale Hawerchuk and Ed Olczyk, guys with tons of talent didn't play a meaningful role on any NHL team that won a cup.

Boyes... is that how you want to be remembered?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

It actually looked like the coaching staff prepared the team for that game. We had a game plan, we played puck control, and we played it pretty well.

There were several times people left the zone or went backwards to retain possession. It's like they figured out that #8 can't beat you if you don't give him the puck.

Also liked the physical play. You could tell some of the caps were getting frustrated with it, and I love that. Hit people; it works in hockey.

Overall, what a FUN game to watch. Really good entertainment, that one.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

last 7 games = 8pts.........we talked about needing 7pts in that stretch........ :letsgoblues:
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

keithp40 wrote:last 7 games = 8pts.........we talked about needing 7pts in that stretch........ :letsgoblues:
I guess considering the quality of teams we played during that stretch, 7 pts. isn't awful. But it's a few less than I would have liked, especially since we are trying to get back into a playoff race.
10 out of 16 points makes a big statement...7 out of 16 is like treading water.

I'll take it. They just need to keep winning. If they do, they'll be fine. Not to oversimplify it or anything. :lol:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

cprice... i know math is hard but... it's actually 8 out of 14 points... 8 points out of 7 games, not 7 points out of 8 games....

8 points ouf of 7 games when 4 of the games were against the top 3 teams in the league... I'll take it!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

drwoland wrote:cprice... i know math is hard but... it's actually 8 out of 14 points... 8 points out of 7 games, not 7 points out of 8 games....

8 points ouf of 7 games when 4 of the games were against the top 3 teams in the league... I'll take it!
Douche.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking...I messed up the numbers.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

cprice12 wrote:
drwoland wrote:cprice... i know math is hard but... it's actually 8 out of 14 points... 8 points out of 7 games, not 7 points out of 8 games....

Douche.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking...I messed up the numbers.
:D

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

It was nice, but if we keep up a .57% rate of points available we'll clearly be on the outside looking in.

If the cut off is 94 or 95 points as many are suggesting it’s going to take .75% rate (for our slower fans, that 3 out of every 4 points).

There are just so many teams so close together, someone is going to get red hot (as we did last year).

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

DaDitka wrote:
It was nice, but if we keep up a .57% rate of points available we'll clearly be on the outside looking in.

If the cut off is 94 or 95 points as many are suggesting it’s going to take .75% rate (for our slower fans, that 3 out of every 4 points).

There are just so many teams so close together, someone is going to get red hot (as we did last year).
Oh I thoroughly agree that our overall point-getting rate for the rest of the season needs to be higher. But we played some really tough teams when they're playing some of their best hockey. Like I said, 4 out of those 7 games were against the top 3 teams in the league, that shit is exhausting.

Sure, I think we coulda done better against the avs, but I really do think that they've turned a corner confidence wise and I expect a great finish to the season, even if we do miss the playoffs. If Berglund continues to remember how hard it is to take the puck from him, we'll see some great goals.