Blues Recall Eller/Junland

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Blues Recall Eller/Junland

Post by dmiles2186 »

To those bitching that the Blues aren't calling anyone up...you got your wish.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5 ... L|STL|home

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues President John Davidson announced Thursday the club has recalled forward Lars Eller and defenseman Jonas Junland from the Blues’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Peoria Rivermen.

Eller, 20, has appeared in three games with the Blues this year, tallying a goal in his debut on November 5, 2009 against Calgary, becoming just the 12th Blues player in franchise history to score in their NHL debut.

The 6' 1" 198-pound center has played in 70 games for Peoria this season, leading the team with 57 points on 18 goals and 39 assists while earning his first selection to the AHL All-Star Game. The Rodovre, Denmark native was originally drafted by the Blues in the 1st round, 13th overall in the 2007 Entry Draft.

Junland, 22, has made one appearance with the Blues this season playing 14 minutes against Columbus on November 30, 2009.

The 6’2” 198-pound defenseman has played in 74 games this season with Peoria, leading the Rivermen’s defensive unit with 44 points on 14 goals and 30 assists while earning his second consecutive nomination to the AHL All-Star Game. The Linkoping, Sweden native was originally drafted by the Blues in the 3rd round, 64th overall in the 2006 Entry Draft.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues Recall Eller/Junland

Post by glen a richter »

Should have done this months ago instead of letting some of those crusty turds go crap it up on the ice.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

glen a richter wrote:Should have done this months ago instead of letting some of those crusty turds go crap it up on the ice.

Agreed, I don't even see the point of bringing them up for these last two games.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:Should have done this months ago instead of letting some of those crusty turds go crap it up on the ice.
:roll:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
You're right. We've gotten real far with such living legends as Cam, Winchester, Jackman, Brewer, Kariya crapping it up and taking 6 mil to do it, Walt needing a walker... D'Agostini has also been an amazing pick up. Great trade, guys!

:doh:
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
You're right. We've gotten real far with such living legends as Cam, Winchester, Jackman, Brewer, Kariya crapping it up and taking 6 mil to do it, Walt needing a walker... D'Agostini has also been an amazing pick up. Great trade, guys!

I really think you have to look at the overall big picture. JD has stated that they've had to rush Berglund, Oshie, Perron, etc. to the big club and they didn't necessarily want to do that in the first place. We've seen mixed results with that (ahem, Berglund), and my guess is the FO wants to avoid pushing these guys through when they're not ready.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Glad to see this. Should have happened before the game against Chi.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

:cup:

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:

I really think you have to look at the overall big picture. JD has stated that they've had to rush Berglund, Oshie, Perron, etc. to the big club and they didn't necessarily want to do that in the first place. We've seen mixed results with that (ahem, Berglund), and my guess is the FO wants to avoid pushing these guys through when they're not ready.
++
If they were brought up early and didn't perform, the next thing we'd hear is that they are busts and JD doesn't know what he's doing.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

northwest dave wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:

++
If they were brought up early and didn't perform, the next thing we'd hear is that they are busts and JD doesn't know what he's doing.
Bingo frankin' bango. JD is in a no win situation with some fans. He needs to win now? Okay, he calls up players too quick. They bust? JD is terrible and he's lied to us about the quality of the kids. What's lost is that this team performed about as well as it did last year in terms of total points. Problem is, other teams improved and surpassed them. The bottom 4 teams from last year's Western Conference playoffs are out this year. Replaced by Colorado, the 'Yotes, the Kings, and Nashville. It wasn't just the Blues. It's the entire Western conference.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Last I checked Peoria is still in a playoff hunt. All this move is doing is taking two of their best players away while they battle for contention and we use them for two meaningless games.

I have no problem with them being called up 4 weeks ago or now; the only problem is I would like to see one of the two clubs make the playoffs.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

brynec
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by brynec »

Can someone explain how Peoria is out of the playoffs when they are in 8th place 1 point ahead of Manitoba who has clinched a playoff birth and are in 4th place in their division? Do they take the top 4 in each division or the top 8 in each conference?

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php ... =&confId=0

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

So with Eller and Junland up, who's going to be in the press box?

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

brynec wrote:Can someone explain how Peoria is out of the playoffs when they are in 8th place 1 point ahead of Manitoba who has clinched a playoff birth and are in 4th place in their division? Do they take the top 4 in each division or the top 8 in each conference?

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php ... =&confId=0
That is odd. :?
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

abc789987 wrote:So with Eller and Junland up, who's going to be in the press box?
I heard Berglund's name thrown out there yesterday.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:So with Eller and Junland up, who's going to be in the press box?
I heard Berglund's name thrown out there yesterday.

I've got no problem with that. I love the kid, but he's got to wake up. Hell, he's been so bad this year we couldn't even really trade him (and get any real value).

He's got more (natural) scoring ability then DP or TJ, but I'm starting to wonder how we'll ever get it out of him.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

1) Peoria was eliminated from playoff contention the same day the Blues were.

2) The AHL takes the top 4 teams from each division.

3) Peoria is 5th in their division.

4) There is no reason not to give the young guys a couple of games.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:1) Peoria was eliminated from playoff contention the same day the Blues were.

I stand corrected. I revoke my previous comment. I just figured that they did it the same way as the NHL. I'm an ass.

Bring on the young kids then!
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote: 4) There is no reason not to give the young guys a couple of games.

There was no reason not to give the kids a couple weeks.

I get that they were in a playoff push, but today this organization is complaining about money woes in the paper but I don't see commitment to better the product they are selling. Tell me that Eller isn't a better option then the last guy in the line-up every night. Tell me JJ isn't a step up from Sydor.

I know I've been very adamant that neither one of those two are ready to be difference makers at this level, but they are both better then the bottom of our roster and not only would they have made us more competitive down the stretch, they would have been better off next year for the experience.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:1) Peoria was eliminated from playoff contention the same day the Blues were.

I stand corrected. I revoke my previous comment. I just figured that they did it the same way as the NHL. I'm an ass.

Bring on the young kids then!
Don't worry, you fit right in :)

The AHL always concerns me, they are the testing ground for new stuff =/ I don't like their playoff system, but its better than some other ones, like MLS where they will boot a team from the west for a team for the east and so forth.. sports..
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?