2010 Playoffs - Round 2

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: 2010 Playoffs - Round 2

Post by gaijin »

Man, who would have thought the Canadiens would be going to the Eastern Final, or that Philly would come back to force Game 7? High drama, indeed.

I agree with Curt about the Canucks jerseys- I actually have 2 from the "skate" era. :oops: A white one with "Bure" and a black one with "Linden." But that was back when the Canucks were the "West Coast Blues."

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Wow, reading the news it looks like Montreal opted for the "Let's riot & start fires" Detroit-style celebration tonight.

:facepalm:

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

The last time two original six teams played for the cup was '79 (Mon v NYR). It could be Chicago v Mon or Bos

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Portland Blues wrote:Wow, reading the news it looks like Montreal opted for the "Let's riot & start fires" Detroit-style celebration tonight.

:facepalm:
Pittsburgh is going to do that to the Igloo over the summer, so whats the problem?

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Epic fail by Boston or epic comeback by Philly?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Portland Blues wrote:Epic fail by Boston or epic comeback by Philly?
Epic fail by Boston. No question.

Canadiens in 5.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

The Bruins became the third team in NHL history to lose a series after winning the first three games.

"We got a little carried away from our game plan and lost our composure," Bruins captain Zdeno Chara said.
No sh**.

Epic epic fail by Boston. This hasn't even happened to STL in all those years of making the playoffs...

Giving up a 3 goal lead in a game is bad enough... giving up a 3 game lead in a series is outrageous. Lot of people in the Bruins organization are going to be looking for new jobs very soon...

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:
The Bruins became the third team in NHL history to lose a series after winning the first three games.

"We got a little carried away from our game plan and lost our composure," Bruins captain Zdeno Chara said.
No sh**.

Epic epic fail by Boston. This hasn't even happened to STL in all those years of making the playoffs...

Giving up a 3 goal lead in a game is bad enough... giving up a 3 game lead in a series is outrageous. Lot of people in the Bruins organization are going to be looking for new jobs very soon...
Can we has teh Wideman back? :)
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

fargoblues wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote:

No sh**.

Can we has teh Wideman back? :)
I'll take Rask if they're interested in trading.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:Lot of people in the Bruins organization are going to be looking for new jobs very soon...
I'm not so sure about that. While it was a monumental collapse, they did make it past the Sabres, which no one expected them to. Is this a disappointment for Bruins fans and personnel? Yes, completely. But they still put together a much better playoff run than they thought they would have a month ago. Its just unbelievable how teams like them, the Flyers and Habs squeaked into the playoffs and were the last three teams remaining in the East.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Gee, it really would've sucked to have hired Laviolette when we could've.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

I dont blame the fans for throwing trash on the ice last night. Letting Philly come back for 3-0 games lead and a 3-0 in game 7...that game was garbage. Go Montreal and Sharks!
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I didn't expect the first 2 games of each series to be so one-sided...

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Portland Blues wrote:I didn't expect the first 2 games of each series to be so one-sided...

Once Philly came back for not only 3 games down, but three goals down in game 7, all bets were off. These guys may not loose another game this year.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

DaDitka wrote:
Once Philly came back for not only 3 games down, but three goals down in game 7, all bets were off. These guys may not loose another game this year.
Aside from those 4 they're gonna lose in the finals. :wink:

And to those talking about Canucks jerseys, I have one as well from the skate era. I have an away McLean...always liked him.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Come on Habs. It's been 31 years since the last all-original 6 finals.

Score some goddam goals! Sacrebleu!

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I don't expect any of you guys here to be happy, but seeing the Hawks go up 3-0 in the conference final is something I didn't expect to see until I was....maybe 80 years old or so. I've been on this site for 7 years. 7 years ago the Blackhawks were terrrrrrible, and had been for a while. All I can say is (Frank) THIS IS AWESOME! :grin:

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Ruutu15 wrote:I don't expect any of you guys here to be happy, but seeing the Hawks go up 3-0 in the conference final is something I didn't expect to see until I was....maybe 80 years old or so. I've been on this site for 7 years. 7 years ago the Blackhawks were terrrrrrible, and had been for a while. All I can say is (Frank) THIS IS AWESOME! :grin:
Let me be the first (and probably only), to say congrats. I don't hate the Hawks like I am supposed to, but I do however dread the fact that if they win I have to watch Patty Kane and Dustin Buttflucklin skate around with the Cup. And for that matter, I hate that Campbell and Hossa have a good chance of winning the Cup too.

I'm still rootin for the East though. Seeing the Habs or Pronger win is my choice.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Maybe the Hawks winning will be enough to give the Blues organization--players and management alike--a kick in the pants to get started on doing something relevant.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

glen a richter wrote:Maybe the Hawks winning will be enough to give the Blues organization--players and management alike--a kick in the pants to get started on doing something relevant.
:plusplus: :plusplus: They were in the same turmoil as us at the same time. They drafted Toews right after we took Eeej, and now they are most likely headed to the Cup Finals while the Blues have been hockey-less since early April. I'm not taking the road of "we should have taken Toews," I'm simply saying that they did the right things that got them where they are. Its obvious we weren't doing the right things.