Stanley Cup Finals

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Stanley Cup Finals

Post by dmiles2186 »

My guess is that NBC had a lot to do with this. Television networks often dictate things like this when they own the rights to a sport's broadcasting rights.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

dmiles2186 wrote:I just read that the Flyers finished with 88 points on the season. The Blues finished with 90.

One is in the Stanley Cup Finals...one didn't even make the playoffs.
That is the what I told someone who is a Flyers fan. Hell the Flames even did better than the Flyers.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

We finished higher than both teams in the Eastern Finals...

(Franking) bullshit
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

WindyCityBluesFan
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by WindyCityBluesFan »

WaukeeBlues wrote::cup:

Time to trot out the annual "why are the tv ratings so low for hockey in mid-June" routine...

Please don't win Blackhawks, I beg of you. I do not want to be tormented all summer by the greatest bandwagon known to man. The 10,000 Hawks fans who toiled with the team through the 90's and earlier (and I can only presume that's how many there are since that's how many were in the United Center usually) deserve to have their team win a cup and for them and only them will I be happy for if the Hawks win.

Then again seeing Chris Pronger in a 3rd different jersey with a "Staney Cup Finals" patch on it just makes me want to vomit in disgust that that never happened in a bluenote...
Most Hawks bandwagon fans get a pass from me. If the Blues owner said publicly that they were not trying to win the Cup, just to make money, they stopped televising games, and they let all the talent walk, I would stop paying attention as well. I actually give them some credit for coming back as fast as they did last year when the old man died. The playoff run this year and last year certainly helped, but being a season ticket holder I can tell you that even before then the fans were coming back in droves.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

WindyCityBluesFan wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote::cup:

Time to trot out the annual "why are the tv ratings so low for hockey in mid-June" routine...

Please don't win Blackhawks, I beg of you. I do not want to be tormented all summer by the greatest bandwagon known to man. The 10,000 Hawks fans who toiled with the team through the 90's and earlier (and I can only presume that's how many there are since that's how many were in the United Center usually) deserve to have their team win a cup and for them and only them will I be happy for if the Hawks win.

Then again seeing Chris Pronger in a 3rd different jersey with a "Staney Cup Finals" patch on it just makes me want to vomit in disgust that that never happened in a bluenote...
Most Hawks bandwagon fans get a pass from me. If the Blues owner said publicly that they were not trying to win the Cup, just to make money, they stopped televising games, and they let all the talent walk, I would stop paying attention as well. I actually give them some credit for coming back as fast as they did last year when the old man died. The playoff run this year and last year certainly helped, but being a season ticket holder I can tell you that even before then the fans were coming back in droves.
Wirtz dying is one of the best things that has ever happened to that franchise, that was amazing timing, that was no coincidence that they got more fans on his passing :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

If you predicted under 100 goals in this series, you lose!
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

What a marvelous display of shitty goaltending. Both teams could have doubled their goal totals tonight.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

fargoblues wrote:What a marvelous display of shitty goaltending. Both teams could have doubled their goal totals tonight.
To be fair though more than one of those goals were just completely blown defensive assignments. Brouwer's shot from the slot from Hossa... I mean he was wide open. Bolland's breakaway shorthanded shouldn't have happened then there were some crazy bounces: Flyers' first goal was a pinball goal, on Briere's goal Niemi completely lost sight of it, it went right back to him between Hendry's legs... etc etc.

CrZY GAYM

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I had high blood pressure while watching that game, to say the least.

Also, I'm not saying the Hawks didn't deserve their penalties. They certainly deserved all of them. I also find it very hard to believe that Philadelphia didn't commit ONE penalty the whole game. Officiating in that game was horrid.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Ruutu15 wrote:I had high blood pressure while watching that game, to say the least.

Also, I'm not saying the Hawks didn't deserve their penalties. They certainly deserved all of them. I also find it very hard to believe that Philadelphia didn't commit ONE penalty the whole game. Officiating in that game was horrid.
Must.....stop......agreeing.........with..............Hawks fan......
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Ruutu15 wrote:I had high blood pressure while watching that game, to say the least.

All the calls were legit and easy ones...high-stick, slash with the stick break, etc. The refs totally missed the high-stick on Philly though and I'm surprised there wasn't at least a 4 on 4 with the battles going in front of the net.

And what's with Chicago getting away with the mis-identity on the penalties...again?

Not that it mattered, but Pronger won the butfuklin battle in Game 1.
Pronger +2, 2 assist, 5 SOG.
Butfuklin -3, 0 pts, 2 SOG.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I have a hard time associating the Flyers with no PIM.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

glen a richter wrote:I have a hard time associating the Flyers with no PIM.
Especially with Pronger on their team...
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

northwest dave wrote:

All the calls were legit and easy ones...high-stick, slash with the stick break, etc. The refs totally missed the high-stick on Philly though and I'm surprised there wasn't at least a 4 on 4 with the battles going in front of the net.

And what's with Chicago getting away with the mis-identity on the penalties...again?

Not that it mattered, but Pronger won the butfuklin battle in Game 1.
Pronger +2, 2 assist, 5 SOG.
Butfuklin -3, 0 pts, 2 SOG.
Those numbers make me smile.

Normally, power forwards make me smile: Mike Richards, etc. Byfuglien just annoys the hell out of me for some reason that I haven't quite pinned down. I think it's just because all the Hawks fans seem to love him. And yes, that's reason enough.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
Those numbers make me smile.
The numbers that make me smile are the "2-0" that comprise the series tally.

Philadelphia is finding out that they're not playing Boston or Montreal. Down 0-2 to this team, who is even better on the road, they're going to be lucky if the series isn't over already.

Game 1, the Hawks beat them with an offensive game.
Game 2, the Hawks beat them with a defensive game.

Pronger is still a punk who likes to bully the media after games. Whatever, tough guy...keep those pucks as a memento and be glad the beatings weren't worse.

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

I hate that these "fans" that are just coming back to watch the Blackhawks are going to see them win the Stanley Cup(more than likely). The Blackhawk players might deserve the trophy, but their "fans" sure as hell don't.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Gentlemen, I'm sorry to say but I think the Hawks are going to sweep it.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

[youtube][/youtube]

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:I hate that these "fans" that are just coming back to watch the Blackhawks are going to see them win the Stanley Cup(more than likely). The Blackhawk players might deserve the trophy, but their "fans" sure as hell don't.

I hate them as well, but it's unfair to lump all Hawks fans into that category. Most, for sure...but not all.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Ruutu15 wrote:
Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:I hate that these "fans" that are just coming back to watch the Blackhawks are going to see them win the Stanley Cup(more than likely). The Blackhawk players might deserve the trophy, but their "fans" sure as hell don't.

I hate them as well, but it's unfair to lump all Hawks fans into that category. Most, for sure...but not all.
True. If there was such a thing as a "good" Blackhawks fan, you would certainly qualify... :D