Meet Chris Pronger, the jackass

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Meet Chris Pronger, the jackass

Post by Ruutu15 »

Area farmer changes prized jackass's name to Chris Pronger

Monday, June 7, 2010 - Name to remain changed forever

Farmer Bill Mackey has decided to name his prized jackass after Chris Pronger, the Flyers defenseman who had one of the worst games of his career during the Blackhawks big 7-4 win over Philadelphia Sunday night.

"I jumped on the bandwagon this year just like everyone else and thought it would be fun to rename my award-winning jackass Darryl after the biggest ass in the series," said Mackey, who lives on his farm about 15 miles south of Rockford. "This Pronger guy seemed like the only fitting choice."

Last week the Schaumburg Flyers made headlines when they announced the team would be playing as the Pilots during the remainder of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Mackey said he has no intention to change his jackass's name back to Darryl.

"I'm pretty sure Pronger's been a jackass his whole life," said Mackey. "Nothing's going to change that, so my jackass will be called Chris Pronger for the rest of his life, just like the actual Chris Pronger, who will be a jackass his whole life too."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Meet Chris Pronger, the jackass

Post by WaukeeBlues »

The fact remains that Joel Quennville basically had to change his lines in response to one player. That's one player causing pretty much and entire change in game plan. Now obviously it worked, but still- if that's not bad @$$, I don't know what is. The guy is still a stud at 36.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I'd take that jackass on my team in a second. So would every other GM in the NHL...including the Blackhawks.

Pronger loves this role. People need to understand that. I'm sure he's laughing right now.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

It's just mildly funny that every Blues fan to a man used to hate (HAAAAAATE) Chelios when he was a Blackhawk for playing the exact same dirty game as Pronger. I understand it, but it's still funny.

Waukee...yeah, you're right. Q changed the lines just for Pronger. Problem is, Pronger was on the ice for 5 Hawk goals and in the penalty box for another. I'd say it worked.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Ruutu15 wrote:It's just mildly funny that every Blues fan to a man used to hate (HAAAAAATE) Chelios when he was a Blackhawk for playing the exact same dirty game as Pronger. I understand it, but it's still funny.

Waukee...yeah, you're right. Q changed the lines just for Pronger. Problem is, Pronger was on the ice for 5 Hawk goals and in the penalty box for another. I'd say it worked.
Once.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

theohall wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:It's just mildly funny that every Blues fan to a man used to hate (HAAAAAATE) Chelios when he was a Blackhawk for playing the exact same dirty game as Pronger. I understand it, but it's still funny.

Once.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Ruutu15 wrote:Waukee...yeah, you're right. Q changed the lines just for Pronger. Problem is, Pronger was on the ice for 5 Hawk goals and in the penalty box for another. I'd say it worked.
Which- I mean props to him for doing that. It's a compliment to Pronger yet also, since it worked, a kick in the groin at the same time. Since Philly has last change tonight I'm curious to see what Laviolette does to counter the Hawks spreading out their skilled guys.
:lol: yea you know. Now that Pronger is an Eastern Conferencer it makes it easier to like him again too- we don't play against him often like the Blues do against the Hawks.

I still wish Pronger would have come out on the ice for Al Mac's jersey retirement. I understand his response as to why he didnt' but at the same time, that would have been the epitome of class to do that. And you just know that every person in the building that night would've gone apesh*t when he came out on the ice. I mean one minute- skate out there, Oilers jersey and all- give him a hug, a handshake, maybe a picture- back to the locker room. I just don't see the harm in that, and every guy on the Oilers team would (or should) understand too.

Whatever, we beat them that night :)

Carl Racki
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Carl Racki »

WaukeeBlues wrote:The fact remains that Joel Quennville basically had to change his lines in response to one player. That's one player causing pretty much and entire change in game plan. Now obviously it worked, but still- if that's not bad @$$, I don't know what is. The guy is still a stud at 36.

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

My hatred for Chelios has in no way subsided.

Congrats on the Cup win BTW. Tuomo Ruutu really laid it all on the line for you guys. He got robbed of the Conn Smythe by whats his face.

So I guess we are tied with LA and Toronto for the longest drought now eh? Sheeeeeeyyyyyyet...

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Ruutu- people hate Chelios because he would rarely, if ever, back up his dirty bs by droppin' 'em.

Pronger can fight and fight well. Chelios cannot fight.

That's the difference, at least for me.

I'd hate Pronger too if he were never a Blue, but I respect him. I have zero respect for Chelios.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Carl Racki wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:The fact remains that Joel Quennville basically had to change his lines in response to one player. That's one player causing pretty much and entire change in game plan. Now obviously it worked, but still- if that's not bad @$$, I don't know what is. The guy is still a stud at 36.
:doh:

I meant "almost" 36. Yea. Yea that's it.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

joosforjihad wrote:

Congrats on the Cup win BTW. Tuomo Ruutu really laid it all on the line for you guys. He got robbed of the Conn Smythe by whats his face.

So I guess we are tied with LA and Toronto for the longest drought now eh? Sheeeeeeyyyyyyet...
You have to win it in the first place before you can have a drought :facepalm:

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
joosforjihad wrote:

Check-mate.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
joosforjihad wrote:

Makes sense. So tied with LA in complete and utter futility with Buffalo and Vancouver not far behind (or ahead).

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

joosforjihad wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
joosforjihad wrote:

Makes sense. So tied with LA in complete and utter futility with Buffalo and Vancouver not far behind (or ahead).
Yea it's a lonely group. Only other one worth mentioning is the Capitals- winless as well since inception in 74-75.

But since or before the expansion to 12 teams of which the Blues were a part- yup just us and the Kings without a ring.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
joosforjihad wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
joosforjihad wrote:

Yea it's a lonely group. Only other one worth mentioning is the Capitals- winless as well since inception in 74-75.

But since or before the expansion to 12 teams of which the Blues were a part- yup just us and the Kings without a ring.
Kinda makes you wish the Blues were in the league as one of the original six teams. Every one of those teams got multiple cups during the "original six" era. Hell, there were only six teams and 4 made the playoffs...then win two rounds and you've won the cup.
Much, much, much, much harder to win a cup now.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/