Free Agent list

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Free Agent list

Post by Leedog »

Anyone have a link to an updated list of RFA and UFA's?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Free Agent list

Post by dmiles2186 »

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/f ... 10&pos=ALL

You can sort by restricted, unrestricted, salary, etc.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Thanks. The screen that comes up when you click the link shows "points". I assume that means "goals" + "assists" = "points", yet it shows Kariya with 66. Am I nissing something?
With Eller gone, they will need to get someone in a second tier scorer slot. I know I'll catch a bunch of shit for this, but three of the names that may fit into the Tkachuk salary slot are former Blues, Kariya, Stempniak, and Demitra. I'd take any of them in the 2.5 mil area.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Leedog wrote:Thanks. The screen that comes up when you click the link shows "points". I assume that means "goals" + "assists" = "points", yet it shows Kariya with 66. Am I nissing something?
With Eller gone, they will need to get someone in a second tier scorer slot. I know I'll catch a bunch of shit for this, but three of the names that may fit into the Tkachuk salary slot are former Blues, Kariya, Stempniak, and Demitra. I'd take any of them in the 2.5 mil area.

I completely agree, I would take any of those three for $2.5 mil, preferably Stempniak. He is younger and is really starting to get to the age where players hit their prime. It also doesn't hurt that it would make my old Stempniak jersey relevant again.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

section319 wrote:
Leedog wrote:Thanks. The screen that comes up when you click the link shows "points". I assume that means "goals" + "assists" = "points", yet it shows Kariya with 66. Am I nissing something?

I completely agree, I would take any of those three for $2.5 mil, preferably Stempniak. He is younger and is really starting to get to the age where players hit their prime. It also doesn't hurt that it would make my old Stempniak jersey relevant again.
Plus fukken plus! I felt very dejected when they traded him and my Stempy sweater became a relic. Bring him back, Armstroooooooooong!
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ChuckyGfan11
Prospect
Prospect

Post by ChuckyGfan11 »

glen a richter wrote:
section319 wrote:

Plus fukken plus! I felt very dejected when they traded him and my Stempy sweater became a relic. Bring him back, Armstroooooooooong!
I'll third that notion. Lee getting traded not only made my sweater a relic but now i'm reluctant to buy a Perron or Berglund sweater in fear of it happening again.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

ChuckyGfan11 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
section319 wrote:

I'll third that notion. Lee getting traded not only made my sweater a relic but now i'm reluctant to buy a Perron or Berglund sweater in fear of it happening again.
Please buy a Brewer sweater!

Seriously, I'd take Stempy back in a heartbeat, though I'd pass on Demitra and only retain Kariya at $2M tops.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I'd take Stempy back for the right price. I'd also welcome Kariya back at $2m per.

Still need a superstar up front though.

Do you take a run at Marleau? Kind of a gamble to see how he will play when not paired with Thornton.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

I'd take Stempniak if he were to play like the '06-'07 or late 2010 Stempniak. But I wouldn't go any higher than say $2.75 a year at 3 years max. Another option as a 2nd tier scorer I thought we might look at is Plekanec or Frolov. Any of those guys would be a replacement/upgrade over the Tkachuk/Kariya options.

Would mind bringing back a guy like RJ or bringing in Wellwood from Vancouver to cover the Wincheser/Armstrong slot.

Not counting the potential Halak deal or Johnson/Perron pay raises we've got about $14 mil in expiring contracts. Optimistically about $10 mil of that will be allocated to those new contracts. Which leaves about 4 mil to play with in the free agent market. So you're really only looking at one signing at best. Maybe two low level guys if you want to play it that way...

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

stlbluz wrote:Seriously, I'd take Stempy back in a heartbeat, though I'd pass on Demitra and only retain Kariya at $2M tops.
This.

I got to believe that Phoenix is going to take a serious run at re-signing Stempniak but if they don't I wouldn't even hesitate to bring him back. He was not only a fan favorite when he was here but he also caught fire end of last season which suggests he's going to pan out or has some more development in him.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

With Stempy, you have to wonder if Toronto hardened him mentally. Here, he was the beacon of light during a few very dark years. In Toronto, even when the team is bad on paper, fans expect the players to all be the second coming of Gilmour or Clark, it seems. It's a tough place to play, just like New York here in the States. The only concern I have of Stempy is that his scoring went down dramatically in the playoffs. But I'd love to have him back on the team, no question.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb