GDT: 2010 NHL Draft

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: 2010 NHL Draft

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

isnt that the same league Jagr is playing in?
I'd put him in St. Louis asap.
Murray sucked, let's see what Paine can do with the kid.
Put him out there. couple PPs. On the first and second line a couple times a game. Let him learn.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
section319 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:When will either of them be in the note? 2014?

You seem a little skeptical..

I see Tarasenko coming over next season. I am not sure how all the buying him out of his KHL contact works, but we will see. Tarasenko really wants to come over here, really bad it seems like. His KHL contract is for 2 more seasons I believe, so it would be two seasons from now at the latest I would think, but everyone seems to think next year.
To play in Peoria or in St. Louis?
Isn't the KHL kind of an AHL hybrid in terms of the level of play? You could argue he's already had 2 years in Peoria. Even so I would guess he'd at least spend a little time down there to get accumulated to the North American style. I doubt it would be years though...at least I hope not.
My gut feeling is that he goes straight to the Big Club next season. I don't usually like to speculate too far ahead when it comes to the roster but I'm anxious to see what we do after the 1st to get an idea of what we'll be working with this season. I honestly believe that we'll make the playoffs this year but that next season we'll have the roster to make a deep run.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

Tarasenko has the body to play in The NHL now. He's got the skill too. He'll come straight to The NHL. No Peoria. Let's hope that will be for 2011-12, and not as late as 2012-13. But, in any case, it won't be later than that. I don't see anything happening to make him decide to stay in The KHL.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

I just have one thing to say; it is GREAT to see the Blues making some moves. How many times do we post on here during July 1, Draft Day or trade deadline day and say how we hate the lack of movement by the Blues? They have come out strong since season's end. They have made me a very happy fan thus far.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak