ANYONE ELSE GETTING GEEKED UP?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

jaro
Rookie
Rookie

ANYONE ELSE GETTING GEEKED UP?

Post by jaro »

About 3 week ago I was whining to one of the 2 or 3 Blues fans who live near that the summer had been quiet for the team....and then along comes Army! It is encouraging to me that he is, to this point, an active GM who isn't afraid to look outside the box for problem solving!

I had no problem with Larry. He did some good things but Army seems more aggressive. That could have me starting a "What in the hell was Army thinking?" post at some point but I like his style.
USA/NRA

Official sponsor of Steve Durbano

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: ANYONE ELSE GETTING GEEKED UP?

Post by glen a richter »

I can't wait to see what kind of surprises he has up his sleeve come Thursday.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

glen a richter wrote:I can't wait to see what kind of surprises he has up his sleeve come Thursday.
this.

jaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jaro »

I know. The anticipation is great in a gotta pee real bad kind of way. You're pretty sure it's gonna feel good when you're done but you hope nothing bad happens before it's over. You know what I mean or did I forget my meds again?!?
USA/NRA

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Is it teh hokies seezun yet?1

I'm impressed so far at the aggressive style I've seen by the front office the last couple weeks. The Halak deal and the Tarasenko pick could be amazing; only time will tell exactly how amazing but there is some serious talent and potential between those guys. Even the Sabotka and Hensick deal, though not as exciting, were solid. Our 3rd/4th lines are definitely improved. All of this without losing anybody on the nhl roster. If we can get somebody to bite on Jackman/Brewer now and sign somebody cool in FA this could be the best offseason I've seen in a while. It's already pretty good without those.

:hailchecketts: ARMY
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

jaro wrote:I know. The anticipation is great in a gotta pee real bad kind of way. You're pretty sure it's gonna feel good when you're done but you hope nothing bad happens before it's over. You know what I mean or did I forget my meds again?!?
:lol:

Couldn't have said it better! Can't wait til Thursday.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Very antsy. Makes me wonder how the hell I survived the lockout if I'm having trouble with getting through a single week.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I'm super jazzed!

Take the incredible second half playoff run... the amazing performances of all of our kids will surely continue to climb... Mason should continue to play like a beast... add Johnson and Kariya... and I think we have a real contender on our hands... this is OUR YEAR!! They should be able to challenge for the top spot in the central and make a real splash in the postseason! No where to go but up!

Er... yeah...

Haven't you guys learned to keep your expectations in check yet? I mean come on, this is the BLUES we are talking about.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

kodos wrote:Haven't you guys learned to keep your expectations in check yet? I mean come on, this is the BLUES we are talking about.
I never seem to learn that. I think most Blues fans are like Dori.

Halak! Oh! Oh! And we drafted Tarasenko!
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Armstrong > Pleau. 'Nuff said.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

big d note wrote:
kodos wrote:Haven't you guys learned to keep your expectations in check yet? I mean come on, this is the BLUES we are talking about.
I never seem to learn that. I think most Blues fans are like Dori.

Halak! Oh! Oh! And we drafted Tarasenko!
Quoted for future avatar consideration
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

:carrot: :carrot: PEANUT BUTTER :banana: :banana: :carrot: JELLY TIME!! :banana: :carrot: :banana: :banana: :banana:

jaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jaro »

kodos, with all due respect, you are correct Sir, it is the Blues we are talking about. I am only speaking to for myself, admittedly the guy who may well have forgotten his meds again, But jeez, I spend all day every day being a f-ing realist, a definite downside to adulthood. BUT every once in a great while I like being a goof. A dumbass. A unabashed lubick. Allow me that rare pleasure in this case. I don't want to remember the scoring we haven't added yet, the new goalie we haven't got signed yet, etc. I just want to say it's been a damn good 2 weeks and I am loving it! GO BLUES!
USA/NRA

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

My Halak jersey arrived today! :cup: :banana: :jersey: :drunk purchase: :facepalm:
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

jaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jaro »

Bravo. I'm envious.
USA/NRA

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

speaking of jerseys, I still need a 3rd jersey

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

kodos wrote:I'm super jazzed!

Take the incredible second half playoff run... the amazing performances of all of our kids will surely continue to climb... Mason should continue to play like a beast... add Johnson and Kariya... and I think we have a real contender on our hands... this is OUR YEAR!! They should be able to challenge for the top spot in the central and make a real splash in the postseason! No where to go but up!

Er... yeah...

Haven't you guys learned to keep your expectations in check yet? I mean come on, this is the BLUES we are talking about.
Wow...talk about a buzzkill.

IF, the Blues happen to do something worth while on Thursday, you don't get to be excited.

Douche. :wink:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Not at all. I haven't been less excited for a season to come in all my years of being a Blues fan.

Hopefully something will happen tomorrow to change that.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Not at all. I haven't been less excited for a season to come in all my years of being a Blues fan.

I was going to ask how this is statement is even possible, but as I was typing that post, I started thinking about past off seasons the past few years and you may actually be right.

Going into 09-10, we had just come off of our miraculous play-off run and were getting EJ and Kariya Back.

Going into 08-09, Boyes had just came off of a 43 goal year and we were preparing for Berglund and Oshie to hit the line-up.

Going into 07-08, We had just signed Kariya (not the best deal in retrospect but everyone was pumped) and Perron made the team.

Going into 06-07, We just drafted EJ number 1 overall.

Going into 05-06, Coming out of the lockout.

(I am pretty sure those are all right, my memory isn't the best sometimes though.)

Despite those off-seasons, I am still probably more pumped about this season, aside from last season after our play-off run. I think Halak will make a huge difference and will steal us at least 8-10 games which would've put us well into the playoffs this past season. Like you said though, tomorrow may or may not make this off-season more exciting.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

section319 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Not at all. I haven't been less excited for a season to come in all my years of being a Blues fan.

I was going to ask how this is statement is even possible, but as I was typing that post, I started thinking about past off seasons the past few years and you may actually be right.

Going into 09-10, we had just come off of our miraculous play-off run and were getting EJ and Kariya Back.

Going into 08-09, Boyes had just came off of a 43 goal year and we were preparing for Berglund and Oshie to hit the line-up.

Going into 07-08, We had just signed Kariya (not the best deal in retrospect but everyone was pumped) and Perron made the team.

Going into 06-07, We just drafted EJ number 1 overall.

Going into 05-06, Coming out of the lockout.

(I am pretty sure those are all right, my memory isn't the best sometimes though.)

Despite those off-seasons, I am still probably more pumped about this season, aside from last season after our play-off run. I think Halak will make a huge difference and will steal us at least 8-10 games which would've put us well into the playoffs this past season. Like you said though, tomorrow may or may not make this off-season more exciting.
In my opinion, acquiring a goaltender of Halak's ability is a much bigger deal than those scenarios you listed above.

Teams live and die with their goaltending...we are well aware of this having had some great teams in the late 90's and early 00's only to have our goaltending do us in.

It's not too often things pan out to where you have shored up the most important position on the ice. Hopefully Halak is "the guy". We'll see.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/