2010-2011 Season Crazy Predictions Thread

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: 2010-2011 Season Crazy Predictions Thread

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Winning Unlimited wrote: 15) McClement and Sobotka play the identical twin swap prank on Coach Payne.
No identical twins here. MClement > Sobotka I think.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ohio BLUES wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I predict epic sucktitude.
Not a very crazy prediction there, dude.
Forgive me. I predict a 130 point campaign followed by back to back to back to back sweeps through the playoffs en route to the cup. Halak will also have a 0.00 GAA in the playoffs, Berglund will score 80 goals and Tarasenko will flee Russia in November, join the team in December and score 81 goals.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

glen a richter wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
Forgive me. I predict a 130 point campaign followed by back to back to back to back sweeps through the playoffs en route to the cup. Halak will also have a 0.00 GAA in the playoffs, Berglund will score 80 goals and Tarasenko will flee Russia in November, join the team in December and score 81 goals.
Don't be crazy. You know that could only happen in an alternate universe.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

glen a richter wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
I'll take a ounce of what he's smoking :cup:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

Winning Unlimited wrote:
8 ) Probert's published memoir becomes a NY Times bestseller.
Working titles- "A Line Too Far" or "Midnight Express 2: Eh, Billy!"

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Here's the deal...
Pretty much everyone here, including me, is extremely frustrated that the Blues didn't go out and sign a sniper. We needed one last year and we lost some offense in the offseason...and that's why people are so down on the team...and it's probably a little excessive. I don't feel we'll be won't be as bad as everyone is implying.

I really think Boyes will bounce back a little and put more pucks in the net.
I think Backes and Perron will also score more than they did last year.
And if Berglund doesn't come around this year and at least show signs of being an impact forward, I don't know if he ever will.
EJ will be that much better and Petro will add a little offense, if he makes the team.

I think this team will be able to overcome the offense that was lost in the offseason...and with Halak in net, we'll be a little better in that area as well.

This team will also improve on holding 3rd period leads, which they were horrendous at last year (couldn't get much worse really), so it can only get better, right?

I'm just pissed that we didn't sign a forward or two because with a shot in the arm on offense, we could have challenged for the division since I think the Central is going to be weak this year.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

I also don't remember if the majority of the 3rd period loss came with Skeletor, I mean Murray.

And like everyone else whom is a ticket holder, we expect something for our money. Not the same old product.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

philco_3 wrote:I also don't remember if the majority of the 3rd period loss came with Skeletor, I mean Murray.

And like everyone else whom is a ticket holder, we expect something for our money. Not the same old product.
There is literally one thing to be "excited" about this year. Halak. There. End 'o list. I don't blame you guys for not getting season tickets- I probably wouldn't either.

I'm curious to see Petro and the kids step it up but that's a curiosity and not excitement. Two different things.

It just blows my mind that ownership would rather re-sign or acquire bottom line forwards instead of going out and trying to get even one forward of substance, with cheap options available (e.g. Guerin).

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

they must be thinking that Petro and Cole are going to be supermen and between them and EJ, Halak won't face any shots a game and they'll win everything 1-0.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

cprice12 wrote:Here's the deal...
Pretty much everyone here, including me, is extremely frustrated that the Blues didn't go out and sign a sniper. We needed one last year and we lost some offense in the offseason...and that's why people are so down on the team...and it's probably a little excessive. I don't feel we'll be won't be as bad as everyone is implying.

And if Berglund doesn't come around this year and at least show signs of being an impact forward, I don't know if he ever will.
EJ will be that much better and Petro will add a little offense, if he makes the team.

I think this team will be able to overcome the offense that was lost in the offseason...and with Halak in net, we'll be a little better in that area as well.

This team will also improve on holding 3rd period leads, which they were horrendous at last year (couldn't get much worse really), so it can only get better, right?

I'm just pissed that we didn't sign a forward or two because with a shot in the arm on offense, we could have challenged for the division since I think the Central is going to be weak this year.
And Payne will have a whole off-season to get what he wants.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

I'm already looking forward to the trade deadline & the off season. Until the ownership issue is taken care of I honestly can't see much more happening other than us holding onto the guys making progress and trimming the fat where we can.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

KC Express
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KC Express »

1. Crombeen will accidentally manage to score 10 goals despite his best efforts to do otherwise, and Darren Pang will express his excitement by forcibly running a train on special booth guests Mike Emrick and Dan McLaughlin during the second intermission.

2. McGlaughlin will further celebrate after the game with T.J. Oshie and a barrel full of Jager shots at McGurk's. Oshie will drive.

3. The rest of the season will suck.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

*Crombeen will not only score 10 goals, 6 of them will come in the span of two games.

* Halak will have 10 shutouts

* When offered Bobby Ryan for a first round draft pick, Blues brass will report that he is "not a good fit for this organization at this time."

* After an insane number of injuries/fighting misconduct's in a single game, the Blues will be forced to sign someone random in the stands to a one day contract in order to put 5 people on the ice. This player will proceed to score two goals and the Blues will not renew his contract. He will then announce his intention to take his talents to South Beach where he will be an annual 30+ goal scorer. GM Army will defend his decision to let random guy walk because he was "not a good fit for this organization at the time."

* Dany Heatley will get into another car accident.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Blues trade Brewer and Jackman for Zach Parise....and throw in a 6 pack with a million $ taped on to it.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote:Here's the deal...

Fro the most part, I agree.....however....

Let's Say Perron nets 5 more, Backes nets f5 more, Burgland nets 11 more, and Boyes nets 10 more (lofty expectations), and.....

Steen matches his career high, Oshie matches his career high, Brewer nets 8 again, McDOnnald matches his highest gaol total as a Blue..........

That puts us right where we finished last year which was only good enough for 17th in the league.

I agree that should equal more wins with the better goaltending, but it's still a first round road series and early bail out as this teams ceiling.

A mere 20 goal scorer would have chanced such prospects to possible home ice in the first round.

EVERYTHING has to go right for this team to make the playoffs this year and looking back to last year.......Berglund, Boyes, and Backes, all dropped off dramatically. What makes everyone so certain that Steen, or McDonnald, or Oshie won;t have a set back?

Honestly, the odds are that at least one of them will see their production drop by 25%, so that will be even more scoring to overcome.

I think the best thing most of us can say about the upcoming season is that they can't disappoint this year...expectation are too low.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

DaDitka wrote:
Fro the most part, I agree.....however....

Let's Say Perron nets 5 more, Backes nets f5 more, Burgland nets 11 more, and Boyes nets 10 more (lofty expectations), and.....

Steen matches his career high, Oshie matches his career high, Brewer nets 8 again, McDOnnald matches his highest gaol total as a Blue..........

That puts us right where we finished last year which was only good enough for 17th in the league.

I agree that should equal more wins with the better goaltending, but it's still a first round road series and early bail out as this teams ceiling.

A mere 20 goal scorer would have chanced such prospects to possible home ice in the first round.

EVERYTHING has to go right for this team to make the playoffs this year and looking back to last year.......Berglund, Boyes, and Backes, all dropped off dramatically. What makes everyone so certain that Steen, or McDonnald, or Oshie won;t have a set back?

Honestly, the odds are that at least one of them will see their production drop by 25%, so that will be even more scoring to overcome.

I think the best thing most of us can say about the upcoming season is that they can't disappoint this year...expectation are too low.
Don't sale yourself short, I know you will find something to bitch about. :goblues:

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya