Getting rid of the shootout?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Getting rid of the shootout?

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
goon attack wrote:the shootouts are lame as fukk... like extra gay group sex gay.
And if there's anyone here who knows the ins and outs of extra gay group gay sex, it's me.
We know, fairy.
Welcome back, Goon.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Openicehit6
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Openicehit6 »

I for one actually like the shootouts, I know Darren Pang tweeted the other day that it's an "exhibition"...However wouldn't it be an "exhibition" if games in OT go 3-3 on 2-2??

I've been to a ton of shootout games at Scottrade Center and have seen alot on Center Ice/NHL Network and the fans are really into it, don't take it away from the fans

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Openicehit6 wrote:I for one actually like the shootouts, I know Darren Pang tweeted the other day that it's an "exhibition"...However wouldn't it be an "exhibition" if games in OT go 3-3 on 2-2??

I've been to a ton of shootout games at Scottrade Center and have seen alot on Center Ice/NHL Network and the fans are really into it, don't take it away from the casual fans who don't give a crap about tradition
ftfy
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:
Openicehit6 wrote:I for one actually like the shootouts, I know Darren Pang tweeted the other day that it's an "exhibition"...However wouldn't it be an "exhibition" if games in OT go 3-3 on 2-2??

I've been to a ton of shootout games at Scottrade Center and have seen alot on Center Ice/NHL Network and the fans are really into it, don't take it away from the casual fans who don't give a crap about tradition
ftfy
:roll:

Say what you will, the NHL is also a business and I think it's more than valid to point out that the majority of casual fans probably support the shootout and find it exciting.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Openicehit6
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Openicehit6 »

glen a richter wrote:

ftfy

Thanks. :roll:

So I don't give a "Crap about tradition" since I like the shootout? I probably respect the game just as much if not more than you, been playing for 23 years and still do to this day, I have a pretty good idea I care about the tradition of hockey..

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
glen a richter wrote:

ftfy
:roll:

Say what you will, the NHL is also a business and I think it's more than valid to point out that the majority of casual fans probably support the shootout and find it exciting.
There are also a LOT of long time fans who enjoy the shootouts...including myself.

If anyone has a better idea on how to not have ties, let's hear it. But ties suck. Who in the hell wants to go to a game that ends in a tie?
It sucks to get all jacked up for a Blues/Wings or Blues/Hawks game and when it's all said and done, nobody won.

I'm all for extending the 4 on 4 to 10 minutes, or even 20 minutes...or hell, play another three periods to decide the game and then have a shootout (with 5 shooters, not 3). Just as long as the game doesn't end in a tie. But I don't think I have to worry about games ending in ties anymore...they're never going back to ties.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

I like the shootout. With Boyes, you can't lose! However, about 90% of overtimes went to a shootout. Teams weren't trying to score on purpose just to make it to a shootout. It was a waste of a 5 minute overtime.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Take away the point for OTL. That should stimulate the teams to go for it in OT... A loss is a loss.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Openicehit6 wrote: I probably respect the game just as much if not more than you
But his dad can beat up your dad.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller