Tony LaRussa = Andy Murray

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Tony LaRussa = Andy Murray

Post by Leedog »

If AM deserved to get canned because his players quit on him, Don Tony should get executed. Of course, I still think it was wrong to fire AM and give the little pussies what they wanted.
I know this probably shoulda gone in Cardinals Discussion, but who goes there?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Tony LaRussa = Andy Murray

Post by STLADOGG »

lol yeah Andy did get the door shoved on his ass on his way out of the door for sure...like you said it was the players not necessarily Andy's fault.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

In the eyes of the Cardinals, LaDouche can not do any wrong.

And yes his ass should be canned, but he only signs one year contracts...so don't offer him one next year. Simple as that.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Be whatever is as it may, it's the coaches responsibility to get the players to play. If they can't do that, they should be canned. I mean the whole point of having a coach is to coach the team. If the team isn't responding, you can't fire all the players.

Murray got what was coming. Motivate your players or get packing.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

glen a richter wrote:Be whatever is as it may, it's the coaches responsibility to get the players to play. If they can't do that, they should be canned. I mean the whole point of having a coach is to coach the team. If the team isn't responding, you can't fire all the players.

Which brings up the topic of why Brewer is the captain...people aren't motivated, then a GOOD captain should be a motivator...Walt was a good (real) captain but Backes will do better....hopefully management is smart enough to see this. You have to have a good captain to be consistent and Brewer is not helping at all.
TW Tiger Woods TW

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

STLADOGG wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Be whatever is as it may, it's the coaches responsibility to get the players to play. If they can't do that, they should be canned. I mean the whole point of having a coach is to coach the team. If the team isn't responding, you can't fire all the players.

Which brings up the topic of why Brewer is the captain...people aren't motivated, then a GOOD captain should be a motivator...Walt was a good (real) captain but Backes will do better....hopefully management is smart enough to see this. You have to have a good captain to be consistent and Brewer is not helping at all.
I, too, am of the opinion that Backes needs to be captain.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Leedog wrote:If AM deserved to get canned because his players quit on him, Don Tony should get executed. Of course, I still think it was wrong to fire AM and give the little pussies what they wanted.
But were the Blues ever leading their division? The Cards have played a month, maybe month and a half shitty. Blues were shitty 1/2 the time AM was around. TLR isn't going anywhere. What did AM do, nothing. What did TLR do... And who would have guessed that the reds would be playing as well as the have been...
Whatever, lets jump on the wagon...

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Regardless, I have two words for the Cards fans of the world.

Aroldis Chapman

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

glen a richter wrote:Regardless, I have two words for the Cards fans of the world.

Aroldis Chapman
And I have two more words that will come into play soon enough. Tommy John.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

abc789987 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Regardless, I have two words for the Cards fans of the world.

Aroldis Chapman
not if they keep him in the bullpen. If he's throwing 103 as a starter, that's another story.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Leedog wrote:If AM deserved to get canned because his players quit on him, Don Tony should get executed. Of course, I still think it was wrong to fire AM and give the little pussies what they wanted.

I've been singing that song for a few day right now.

For the majority of the season this team has played lifeless and uninspired ball, but they have now flat out quit.

Just as in Andy's case, it doesn't matter if it the coaches fault or the players, it's much easier to replace the manager then half the roster (but we all know that's not going to happen)

The captain part is a valid reference because this Birds team has absolutely 0 leadership in the locker room. They need that, nad it doesn't have to be a great player, just someone like when they brought on Will Clark or Larry Walker near the end of their careers. It was unbelievable to hear so many stories of the great things they both brought to the locker room despite being here for such a short time.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

glen a richter wrote:
abc789987 wrote:

Aroldis Chapman
not if they keep him in the bullpen. If he's throwing 103 as a starter, that's another story.
Go ask Joel Zumaya how his arm has held up the past few years. Oh, he actually fractured his elbow throwing a 100 mph pitch?

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

LaRussa has the most wins ever for a Cardinal manager and is a first ballot hall of famer...and he just won the world series a few years ago and has another one on his resume as well.

Andy Murray hasn't won anything...ever.

If you want to compare LaRussa to someone, Andy Murray ain't it.

Murray wasn't getting it done and he hadn't won anything with this team. He deserved to be fired.

LaRussa deserves to be fired because his team has played poorly for a month-plus??? Uh...no.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Yeah, this was a real bummer:

what a loser that LaRussa is.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote:LaRussa has the most wins ever for a Cardinal manager and is a first ballot hall of famer...and he just won the world series a few years ago and has another one on his resume as well.

Murray wasn't getting it done and he hadn't won anything with this team. He deserved to be fired.

LaRussa deserves to be fired because his team has played poorly for a month-plus??? Uh...no.

I think it was more a comparison of how their teams were perceived then the quality of the individual managers.

This talk of a poor clubhouse is nothing new, and it's been getting worse year after year. It's also a big reason (according to El Diablo) that when Tony does chose to walk away that Oquendo isn't next in line. Apparent Albert has his 'clique' and it's tearing the team apart from the inside out. Most believe Oquendo would be nothing more then a yes man to these guys.

Notice, we played our best ball when Scottie was here fighting with Albert in the locker room. I know a divided locker room isn't generally a good thing, but it was almost as if the two factions were trying to show each other up and the team was better for it.

Instead, we have the lazy play and attitude of Albert and his boy Yadie and those that aren't part of the pose are pissy because of the double standard.

This team isn't playing for the manager, they aren't playing for each other, and now it doesn't appear they are even playing for themselves. They are sleepwalking through the back end of the season and simply 'collecting checks' instead of 'playing baseball'.

Who Care?

College Football this week, NFL next week, and Hockey camp is a less then a month away.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

goon attack wrote:Yeah, this was a real bummer:

If you look closely at this you can actually see A. Nigro.
TW Tiger Woods TW

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

STLADOGG wrote:
goon attack wrote:Yeah, this was a real bummer:

If you look closely at this you can actually see A. Nigro.
He can't see you, though (anymore)
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Preston Wilson, dipshit.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

goon attack wrote:Preston Wilson, dipshit.
Couldn't resist the joke though, meltman.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:LaRussa has the most wins ever for a Cardinal manager and is a first ballot hall of famer...and he just won the world series a few years ago and has another one on his resume as well.

I think it was more a comparison of how their teams were perceived then the quality of the individual managers.

This talk of a poor clubhouse is nothing new, and it's been getting worse year after year. It's also a big reason (according to El Diablo) that when Tony does chose to walk away that Oquendo isn't next in line. Apparent Albert has his 'clique' and it's tearing the team apart from the inside out. Most believe Oquendo would be nothing more then a yes man to these guys.

Notice, we played our best ball when Scottie was here fighting with Albert in the locker room. I know a divided locker room isn't generally a good thing, but it was almost as if the two factions were trying to show each other up and the team was better for it.

Instead, we have the lazy play and attitude of Albert and his boy Yadie and those that aren't part of the pose are pissy because of the double standard.

This team isn't playing for the manager, they aren't playing for each other, and now it doesn't appear they are even playing for themselves. They are sleepwalking through the back end of the season and simply 'collecting checks' instead of 'playing baseball'.

Who Care?

College Football this week, NFL next week, and Hockey camp is a less then a month away.
Who is "El Diablo"? I might be out of the loop cause I'm not sure who this is. I read my fair share of cards shit online and I don't seem to hear the same things that you do. Is there really a separation of players in the club house? They never say anything like of that sorts on FSN, they tend to say the opposite. But if it was true I could see why they wouldn't mention it. Maybe my Homer glasses are on, but why do you think this way of the Cardinals?