Tony LaRussa = Andy Murray

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tony LaRussa = Andy Murray

Post by cprice12 »

DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:LaRussa has the most wins ever for a Cardinal manager and is a first ballot hall of famer...and he just won the world series a few years ago and has another one on his resume as well.

Andy Murray hasn't won anything...ever.

If you want to compare LaRussa to someone, Andy Murray ain't it.

Murray wasn't getting it done and he hadn't won anything with this team. He deserved to be fired.

LaRussa deserves to be fired because his team has played poorly for a month-plus??? Uh...no.

I think it was more a comparison of how their teams were perceived then the quality of the individual managers.

This talk of a poor clubhouse is nothing new, and it's been getting worse year after year. It's also a big reason (according to El Diablo) that when Tony does chose to walk away that Oquendo isn't next in line. Apparent Albert has his 'clique' and it's tearing the team apart from the inside out. Most believe Oquendo would be nothing more then a yes man to these guys.

Notice, we played our best ball when Scottie was here fighting with Albert in the locker room. I know a divided locker room isn't generally a good thing, but it was almost as if the two factions were trying to show each other up and the team was better for it.

Instead, we have the lazy play and attitude of Albert and his boy Yadie and those that aren't part of the pose are pissy because of the double standard.

This team isn't playing for the manager, they aren't playing for each other, and now it doesn't appear they are even playing for themselves. They are sleepwalking through the back end of the season and simply 'collecting checks' instead of 'playing baseball'.

Who Care?

College Football this week, NFL next week, and Hockey camp is a less then a month away.
I have to say that I pretty much disagree with everything you just said.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

cprice12 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:LaRussa has the most wins ever for a Cardinal manager and is a first ballot hall of famer...and he just won the world series a few years ago and has another one on his resume as well.

Murray wasn't getting it done and he hadn't won anything with this team. He deserved to be fired.

LaRussa deserves to be fired because his team has played poorly for a month-plus??? Uh...no.

I think it was more a comparison of how their teams were perceived then the quality of the individual managers.

This talk of a poor clubhouse is nothing new, and it's been getting worse year after year. It's also a big reason (according to El Diablo) that when Tony does chose to walk away that Oquendo isn't next in line. Apparent Albert has his 'clique' and it's tearing the team apart from the inside out. Most believe Oquendo would be nothing more then a yes man to these guys.

Notice, we played our best ball when Scottie was here fighting with Albert in the locker room. I know a divided locker room isn't generally a good thing, but it was almost as if the two factions were trying to show each other up and the team was better for it.

Instead, we have the lazy play and attitude of Albert and his boy Yadie and those that aren't part of the pose are pissy because of the double standard.

This team isn't playing for the manager, they aren't playing for each other, and now it doesn't appear they are even playing for themselves. They are sleepwalking through the back end of the season and simply 'collecting checks' instead of 'playing baseball'.

Who Care?

College Football this week, NFL next week, and Hockey camp is a less then a month away.
:plusplus:
yeah, I said it earlier in this thread too...

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

abc789987 wrote: Who is "El Diablo"?
Joe Strauss

He travels with the team and has made many comments over the last few year (particularly on his spots on Bernie's radio show)

The Oquendo stuff was during last offseason when there were thoughts that Tony may not return.

If I'm not mistaken, the divided locker room stuff is also one of the things that really turned Tony and Kilcoin's (sp) relationship south.

For his part, Bernie doesn't think this has a lot of impact on the one field results, but I know Farr (as an ex pro athlete) strongly disagrees.

Who knows what's really wrong here, but it's much more then lack of talent (this team has the leagues second highest team batting average (according to Bernie's stat of the day yesterday). I can't it's Albert (and his pose)'s fault, I can't say it's Tony's fault, all I do know is these guys do not play as a team and are severely underachieving

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

DaDitka wrote:
abc789987 wrote: Who is "El Diablo"?
Joe Strauss

He travels with the team and has made many comments over the last few year (particularly on his spots on Bernie's radio show)

The Oquendo stuff was during last offseason when there were thoughts that Tony may not return.

If I'm not mistaken, the divided locker room stuff is also one of the things that really turned Tony and Kilcoin's (sp) relationship south.

For his part, Bernie doesn't think this has a lot of impact on the one field results, but I know Farr (as an ex pro athlete) strongly disagrees.

Who knows what's really wrong here, but it's much more then lack of talent (this team has the leagues second highest team batting average (according to Bernie's stat of the day yesterday). I can't it's Albert (and his pose)'s fault, I can't say it's Tony's fault, all I do know is these guys do not play as a team and are severely underachieving
I can agree with you that this team is severely underachieving. But I am still not ready to give up on this team. One month plus of playing bad is not something that will make me jump ship. I think we are just in a funk. I don't think it's anyone fault. I'll say it again, who would have thought that the reds would have played as well as they have? If you did, then can I take you to Vegas with me? I don't know where you have heard about Albert's "pose", I've only seen stuff on TV and read on the intranets. Please direct me to the places where they say Albert has been a cancer, maybe that is to harsh, but it seem what you are implying.

DaDitka, your glass is always half empty, is it not? :goblues:

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

cprice12 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

Who Care?

++
Cardinal fans are an odd bunch. Hell, they worship Whitey so much, but forget just how awful some of those years were ('83,'84,86,88). And I loved Whitey and grew up with those teams. They'll always mention how underachieving Larussa is, but yet could there be a more underachieving cardinal team than the '85 team?

LaRussa's teams are always in the thick of it and contend every year. What a bunch of spoiled fans.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

northwest dave wrote: ++
Cardinal fans are an odd bunch. Hell, they worship Whitey so much, but forget just how awful some of those years were ('83,'84,86,88). And I loved Whitey and grew up with those teams. They'll always mention how underachieving Larussa is, but yet could there be a more underachieving cardinal team than the '85 team?

LaRussa's teams are always in the thick of it and contend every year. What a bunch of spoiled fans.
Kind of like Detroit fans....
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Let me say this first and foremost....

I'm not a baseball fan nor a Tony hater.

I'm merely discussing what I've head guys that are with the team every day say.

You can think what you want..

I mean, I can see how you know more then them :roll:

F*$# Baseball, let's drop the puck.

jaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jaro »

Amen Brother DADitka. Amen.
F*$# Baseball, let's drop the puck.
USA/NRA

Official sponsor of Steve Durbano

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Yeah, Tony La Russa = Andy Murray....except for the fact that he's been employed as a manager for 30 years by 3 teams, has won several division titles, been to 5 World Series and won 2 of them. Tony can be stupid and over think things sometimes but I honestly believe that Cardinals fans won't understand what they've got in La Russa until he's gone and winning division titles isn't a given like it is now.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:Yeah, Tony La Russa = Andy Murray....except for the fact that he's been employed as a manager for 30 years by 3 teams, has won several division titles, been to 5 World Series and won 2 of them. Tony can be stupid and over think things sometimes but I honestly believe that Cardinals fans won't understand what they've got in La Russa until he's gone and winning division titles isn't a given like it is now.
*ahem* Cincinnati *ahem*....
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Yeah, Tony La Russa = Andy Murray....except for the fact that he's been employed as a manager for 30 years by 3 teams, has won several division titles, been to 5 World Series and won 2 of them. Tony can be stupid and over think things sometimes but I honestly believe that Cardinals fans won't understand what they've got in La Russa until he's gone and winning division titles isn't a given like it is now.
Sure, this year. But the 15 years La Russa has been at the helm, they've won many, many, many division titles. I think people take that for granted, like it's the Cardinals birthright. Before La Russa got there, the early 90's were terrible. Since 1996, the Cardinals have by far dominated the NL Central. That you cannot argue with. I don't know what more people want. This teams has made the postseason more times than it's missed it since Don Tony arrived. And it's not a team that has the luxury of buying championships. Again, I ask, what more do you want as a fan?

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
Sure, this year. But the 15 years La Russa has been at the helm, they've won many, many, many division titles. I think people take that for granted, like it's the Cardinals birthright. Before La Russa got there, the early 90's were terrible. Since 1996, the Cardinals have by far dominated the NL Central. That you cannot argue with. I don't know what more people want. This teams has made the postseason more times than it's missed it since Don Tony arrived. And it's not a team that has the luxury of buying championships. Again, I ask, what more do you want as a fan?
Exactly.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I heard the beginning of the rift between LaRussa and Rasmus started over his desire to wear white shoes.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Leedog wrote:I heard the beginning of the rift between LaRussa and Rasmus started over his desire to wear white shoes.
Who does that?