Pre-Season GDT #3 - Wild @ Blues 7pm - KMOX!!!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Pre-Season GDT #3 - Wild @ Blues 7pm - KMOX!!!

Post by northwest dave »

DaDitka wrote:
ReelBluesFAn887 wrote:Cole looked terrible.
Again, not sure what you were watching but Cole might be playing his way on to the roster. He had a couple of poor judgement plays. But he didn't allow a goal to be scored like another first round pick who shall remain nameless. I think Cole has a lot of upside and could probably use a half season in Peoria to refine his skills a bit more. But he's capable of playing with the big boys and proved it last night.
I've been at both games, and Cole was far better last night then Pie was on Tuesday....of course, that's not saying much.

I think that's why they have Pie on a line with Jackman.....so Jackman doesn't look so terrible.[/quote]

The hatred is strong with you, DaDikta-One.

:zelda:

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

ReelBluesFan887
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ReelBluesFan887 »

strocklen083 wrote:
ReelBluesFan887 wrote:Backes and Boyes looked like they were just there, playing but not with much heart.
Not sure where you were sitting, but Backes played with fire most of the game. The guy was getting physical, going towards the net and sticking up for his teammates when the game got chippy
Again, not sure what you were watching but Cole might be playing his way on to the roster. He had a couple of poor judgement plays. But he didn't allow a goal to be scored like another first round pick who shall remain nameless. I think Cole has a lot of upside and could probably use a half season in Peoria to refine his skills a bit more. But he's capable of playing with the big boys and proved it last night.
Where you are sitting doesn't change the facts. Cole looked slow, terrible with the puck, and his hitting was weaker than Brewer's. On a couple of occasions Cole turned over the puck at the point instead of dumping it in or throwing it on net. For supposedly being an offensive minded dman, he showed no proof of it. He never tried to start the rush, he never worked low with the puck on the pp to change things up. In my mind, Cole is just one of many wasted 1st round picks.

Backes did play pretty well once in the Wild zone. However he played lackluster d, occasionally tried for a big hit, and then got into a scrap that would have Goon shaking his head. I'm not seeing how he played with "fire". The sticking up for his teammate award, for this night should go to surprisingly, Brewer. He dropped the gloves when Strachan got a big hit put on him, even though Brewer knew he wasn't going to come out ahead in the fight.
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ReelBluesFan887 wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
ReelBluesFan887 wrote:Backes and Boyes looked like they were just there, playing but not with much heart.
Not sure where you were sitting, but Backes played with fire most of the game. The guy was getting physical, going towards the net and sticking up for his teammates when the game got chippy
Where you are sitting doesn't change the facts. Cole looked slow, terrible with the puck, and his hitting was weaker than Brewer's. On a couple of occasions Cole turned over the puck at the point instead of dumping it in or throwing it on net. For supposedly being an offensive minded dman, he showed no proof of it. He never tried to start the rush, he never worked low with the puck on the pp to change things up. In my mind, Cole is just one of many wasted 1st round picks.

Backes did play pretty well once in the Wild zone. However he played lackluster d, occasionally tried for a big hit, and then got into a scrap that would have Goon shaking his head. I'm not seeing how he played with "fire". The sticking up for his teammate award, for this night should go to surprisingly, Brewer. He dropped the gloves when Strachan got a big hit put on him, even though Brewer knew he wasn't going to come out ahead in the fight.
So before the guy has ever really had a shot to make the team out of camp (this would be his first legitimate year), you're calling it a career for the guy? I'll call him a waste when he's either traded, cut, or toiling as a 6-7 defenseman when he's 30.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb