NCSSORS

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

NCSSORS

Post by Winning Unlimited »

The Northern California Symposium on Statistics and Operation Research in Sports is this weekend in the Silicon Valley area. One of the keynote speakers is Sig Mejdal, the Senior Quantitative Analyst for the St. Louis Cardinals.

http://ncssors.wikidot.com/program

This thread belongs in the hockey forum, because I will be holding down the fort when I present on mathematical elimination draft orders in the NHL.

:zelda:

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: NCSSORS

Post by joosforjihad »

I hope we have the best and brightest minds in America analyzing what really matters... sports statistics. :lol:

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

It isn't the sports statistics that I am researching. I am not one to accumulate massive databases over time, studying them for any trends. What concerns me most is the social influence sports has. Reverse draft orders encourage fans to NOT support their favorite teams during underperforming seasons. Draft order is a statistical method that directly affects the way the sport is played. Let's make sure we get it right.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Can't remember who posted it, but I think they even wrote something about it.

I liked the idea of draft order based on the number of points collected after you're mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.