How many games will Rypien get?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

How many games will Rypien get?

1-2
No votes
3-4
10%
5-8
38%
9-10
19%
11+
33%

Total votes: 21

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: How many games will Rypien get?

Post by Guppy »

Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Battery is what would have happened if this game was played in Philly.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

kodos wrote:Battery is what would have happened if this game was played in Philly.

I see what you did there.... :wink:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Which one do you think it was, Ollie?

"BOY WAS GONNA GET HIS BUTT KICKED!"

Thank you, Ollie.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

deadphish wrote:If I were that guy I'd filing formal asssault charges. Get Mr. Grypien at his job and criminally.
What the hell for?

That was nothing.

I'm just shocked the NHL didn't send a more hardcore message.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

IllinoisBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Post by IllinoisBlue »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:Assault: an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

It was clearly assault.

In criminal law, the attempted battery type of assault requires a Specific Intent to commit battery. An intent to frighten will not suffice for this form of assault.

Maybe you need to study more. There was no punching involved, and no damage incurred; only fear that he was going to get his arse stomped.
Nope, sorry man. Assualt is the threat of harm, battery is the act of causing harm. Had to set through hours of lectures on this point and use of force rules and regs.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

IllinoisBlue wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:Assault: an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

It was clearly assault.

In criminal law, the attempted battery type of assault requires a Specific Intent to commit battery. An intent to frighten will not suffice for this form of assault.

Maybe you need to study more. There was no punching involved, and no damage incurred; only fear that he was going to get his arse stomped.
Nope, sorry man. Assualt is the threat of harm, battery is the act of causing harm. Had to set through hours of lectures on this point and use of force rules and regs.
And the victim was... unharmed. The intent of the action, and the result, was clearly to threaten harm.

There are very few prosecutors who would press for battery charges based on what transpired - and none who want to keep their conviction rates. In most cases, more damage is needed to rise to the criminal threshold of battery prosecution.

It's a slam dunk assault charge. You might bring a civil charge of battery, but you would have a easier time getting everyone onboard with assault.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
IllinoisBlue wrote:

It was clearly assault.

And the victim was... unharmed. The intent of the action, and the result, was clearly to threaten harm.

There are very few prosecutors who would press for battery charges based on what transpired - and none who want to keep their conviction rates. In most cases, more damage is needed to rise to the criminal threshold of battery prosecution.

It's a slam dunk assault charge. You might bring a civil charge of battery, but you would have a easier time getting everyone onboard with assault.
You don't have to show any certain level of harm to sue for civil damages I don't believe. I'm sure that criminally you have to show actual harm. Civil you don't. At least from the jurisdictions I'm aware of.

Guy prevailed on a battery charge because a waiter forcibly took a plate from his hands once. True story.

If the guy was actually touched I don't even think it would be a proper lawsuit to sue under assault.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

IllinoisBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Post by IllinoisBlue »

Once you actually TOUCH someone it's technically battery. If I were to poke you in the chest with one finger you could have me arrested for battery.

Would the DA push for that in this case - probably not.