GDT: Blues @ Blue Jackets, Nov 10, 2010 6 PM, FSMW, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: GDT: Blues @ Blue Jackets, Nov 10, 2010 6 PM, FSMW, KMOX

Post by stlbluz »

dmiles2186 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:This is a nice reality check game for both the players & the fans. Can't say I'm sorry to see it happen.
And at the same time, it's one game. We're going to see people start talking like it's the end of days the way the Blues played tonight. Good teams have bad games. If this becomes a pattern, then time to panic. What a surreal game.
The big factor will be how they respond tomorrow night, even with the injuries. The only pattern I'm worried about at this point is the one of not scoring enough.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Man this team sucks.

:wink:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

drwoland wrote: the jackets WALKED all over us all night and he has done nothing.
what is he supposed to do....? He certainly isn't big enough to scare anybody.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

goon attack wrote:
drwoland wrote: the jackets WALKED all over us all night and he has done nothing.
He's supposed to not be on a professional hockey team.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

drwoland wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Has he had even one fight as a Blue that is memorable?

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

goon attack wrote:
drwoland wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Has he had even one fight as a Blue that is memorable?
Not in recent memory.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

So what the hell is up with the injuries?????

ReelBluesFan887
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ReelBluesFan887 »

JR just tweeted that Oshie has a broken ankle and will need surgery. Not good
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that this could pretty much end the season. Oshie's irreplaceable both for fan interest and skill. Typical Blues luck.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

The Blues can stay afloat without Oshie, but they're not going to maintain the division lead without him.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

ohio BLUES wrote:The Blues can stay afloat without Oshie, but they're not going to maintain the division lead without him.
no problem... Oshie's extra energy in the playoffs from his 10 week vacay will come in real handy when we steamroll to the cup

THIS IS THE YEAR

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Please dump Cam Janssen. He contributes nothing to a skating attacking team.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

1) Erik Johnson and Eric Brewer were just AWFUL tonight. Seriously. They are supposed to be the ones that are showing how its done, and they were BY FAR the worst defensemen for both teams tonight. Eeeeej was pinchin way too much and Brewer... was Brewer tonight. Too slow for NHL action. If we weren't forced to play guys that show up for Monday pick-up at Chesterfield Ice Rink right now, I would seriously say sit them next game. Just... awful.

2) David Backes needs to score. I am not panicking, because it is one game, but I have been saying this since the fourth game of the season. He isn't doing anything offensively, and we need him right now.

3) I honestly am not terrified by this Oshie injury. I know that no one seems to agree with me, but I don't think he has been that much of a difference maker this season (despite leading the team in points). His defensive game has been sub-par and his offensive talent is sometimes there but is missing a lot. His energy will be missed, but I think bringing up a Drazenovic or a Hensick or a Mink will bring in some dynamite energy for at least their first couple of games.

Maybe we can just chloroform Tarasenko and get his ars over here in time for tomorrow night :okman:
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Good Christ all mighty that game sucked.

This team showed absolutely no aggressiveness tonight. They weren't hitting at all, they weren't pressuring the puck carriers like they should, they looked lost on the ice tonight. Really pathetic. They made Columbus look great...and they're not that great.

The defense was horrid...absolutely horrid. How many times do you just let guys cherry pick and not put a guy on 'em? Columbus just kept doing it.

It's only one game, so I really wouldn't care about this game that much if it wasn't for the fact that Oshie broke his flippin' ankle...which is a thousand times worse than losing the stupid game.

I'm guessing he'll be out at least 12 weeks? Ugh. Depressing.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

My take: the Blues had this coming sooner or later and it's better to get it all out of their system.

This was coming. You could feel. The pace was impossible was sustain and a game like this was going to happen pretty soon.

Streak over, exhale, back up and re-approach.

Without Oshie :facepalm:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I blame thedoc for killing the mojo I was generating predicting Blues losses.

In all seriousness, I am eternally thankful I didn't get to watch this game. I mean holy shit. 8-1, seriously? And then TJ breaks his ankle? Also seriously? The walls come tumbling down in Halak and Conklin both? Just terrible.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Everything considered, this has to be one of the worst regular season losses in franchise history.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

theohall wrote:Please dump Cam Janssen. He contributes nothing to a skating attacking team.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
++
Yes. Every time Cam was out there last night he looked so out of place.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Look, after hearing panger tell that story about the verbal argument in the hallway before the game, I am terribly confused as to why Cam was even available to get a double minor that late in the game.

In my understanding of hockey, Cam's main job was to find the primary offender from the pregame spat on Cam's first shift and then get himself ejected after totally breaking the other guy's face. Seriously, like 45 seconds into the game, Cam should have jumped the guy in the corner and pummeled him before the linesmen could pull him off - make it very clear that you don't (Frank) with us.

If he can't do that, or if the coach won't let him, then his roster spot should go to someone who can better serve the team.

Again, idk if it was Cam or the coach that stopped that, but holy jumpin' you can't let crap like what happened before the game go unpunished on the ice if you want to play in the NHL.

As for the rest of the team, meh, off night. Frankly, if they win 7 of every 8, and then take a dump on the ice every 8 games, we still win the cup. I won't care until I see two or three more games after this one.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

cprice12 wrote:Everything considered, this has to be one of the worst regular season losses in franchise history.

it's certainly up there with the 8-4 drubbing Calgary handed us about 20 years ago, in our own barn no less, when Theo Fleury tallied a SHORTHANDED HAT TRICK. :x

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-10/ ... -hat-trick

I was there.

The only good thing was the huge brawls at the end of the game.