Oshie breaks ankle

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Oshie breaks ankle

Post by glen a richter »

I think that Boyes-McDonald-Backes may have reached the conclusion that they actually are crucial to this teams survival. At least the way they're getting on the scoreboard the past couple games. I know it's not exactly rolling 4 lines like we were hoping for, but DP has to be coming back soon, and that will be better than signing a guy in a panic move.

I wouldn't exactly say the Blues have weathered the storm like champs, but at least they're not in dead last after the injury bug came and smacked everyone upside the head.

Then again they did beat two pushover teams, and the goals they scored against NJ left a lot to be desired.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Darren Pang
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Darren Pang »

Oshie Oshie'd his own ankle!
Attachments
oshied.JPG
oshied.JPG (42.18 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Holy Jumpin' 9 of heartz!
ImageImage
goon attack wrote: DARREN PANG- A-- Panger rocks

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:I think that Boyes-McDonald-Backes may have reached the conclusion that they actually are crucial to this teams survival.
:plusplus:

At least right now they are. I remember reading an article about Brad Boyes last season where he talked about his frustration at not being able to put the puck in the net- very similar to Kariya's frustrations (at least originally) when he was here; so Boyes is aware of it, it's just a matter of changing it.

A lot of it is just confidence. Seeing guys drop left and right, new faces on the roster from Peoria being called up, and the coaches and new guys are looking at you now to be the go-to guy. And you have to embrace that and relish it.

I just hope that fire stays there when Perron & Oshie return because that will only make this team better. In the long haul for this season the injuries might (MIGHT) be beneficial for this team's psyche. I'll withhold judgment but so far encouraging with these back to back wins.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk