Cola Skated Today

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Cola Skated Today

Post by STLADOGG »

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=543204
Colaiacovo Anxious to Return
Blues defenseman skated for first time Thursday since being injured
Thursday, 11.11.2010 / 12:28 PM / News
By Chris Pinkert - St. Louis Blues Online

Blues defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo returned to practice Thursday after a concussion that has sidelined him since Oct. 28.

Thursday was Colaiacovo's first skate with the team since the injury occured late in the Oct. 28 game at Nashville. Predators forward Jordin Tootoo hit him behind the net.

"There's no better feeling than to come back and be part of this team, especially with how exciting it's been the first little bit," Colaiacovo said Thursday after the skate. "It was such a nice feeling to put my skates on, be part of a meeting and be part of a practice with the guys."

Colaiacovo will not return tonight when the Blues host Nashville in the clubs' first meeting since the injury occured, but he does feel like his return isn't too far away.

"My legs weren't with me today, my lungs were a little bit empty, so I just need that extra time. If everything goes well, Monday could be a possible (return) day. We're just taking it a day at a time now."

The Blues are without defenseman Barret Jackman (knee) and Roman Polak (wrist). Nathan Oystrick, Tyson Strachan and Ian Cole have been filling in the team's blueline.

"The coaching staff has been real supportive, the management has been more supportive and my teammates have been there for me. I can't ask for more support," he said.

"If the team continues to play the way it is, you gotta be cheering them on, help the guys out and waiting for a chance to get back."
Decent news compared to Oshie's...
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW