GDT: Blues @ Tampa Bay, 2 PM, FSMW, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues @ Tampa Bay, 2 PM, FSMW, KMOX

Post by WaukeeBlues »

TSN wrote:The Blues have lost 11-of-14.
There you have it ladies and gentlemen of the jury
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

drwoland wrote:That loss is 100 on brewer and jackman, our two highest paid defensemen. One takes a boneheaded penalty, the other gets caught day dreaming in front of the net.

Great game to watch up until all that.
Jackman was not the pansy on the ice for three even strength goals against who would not hit anyone. I think you meant Erik Johnson. If not for his sucky play, the Blues get a win out of that game, instead of an OT loss. Jackman would at least hit something and stand up at the opposing blue line to force plays - unlike Mrs. Johnson.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Jackman is our best passer, by far. He's as smooth as vanilla ice

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Nikitin is looking like he might be a worthwhile player, don't you think?

You know, the opposite of Brewer?
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Trying not to get too excited too quick about the dude but he definitely looks like a keeper. Mack truck of a shot, and usually gets it on target. Not a complete pussy. From Siberia, for (Frank)'s sake.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Yeah, I'm liking the kid. You can tell how much fun he has out there to. The grin on his face after scoring both of his first NHLs goals was awesome.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I have so much bitterness over seeing a franchise like Tampa Bay end up with so many amazing players while toiling away with such a mediocre franchise that has been spinning it's wheels forever.

Stamkos? Really? Really? Why can't the Blues ever end up with a kid like Stamkos? What is it going to take? I'm just so sick of it all. I'm so sick of seeing other teams with 3 or 4 players in their lineup who are all better then the single best player on the Blues.

I know there is no real answer to this problem... and that franchise players are generally lucked into... but still... it's just so frustrating as a fan.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

kodos wrote:I have so much bitterness over seeing a franchise like Tampa Bay end up with so many amazing players while toiling away with such a mediocre franchise that has been spinning it's wheels forever.

Stamkos? Really? Really? Why can't the Blues ever end up with a kid like Stamkos? What is it going to take? I'm just so sick of it all. I'm so sick of seeing other teams with 3 or 4 players in their lineup who are all better then the single best player on the Blues.

I know there is no real answer to this problem... and that franchise players are generally lucked into... but still... it's just so frustrating as a fan.
How quickly we forget...

Hull, Pronger, MacInnis, Demitra, Turgeon
All here, same year.

Another year...
Hull, Shanahan, Janney, Brown, Housely, Joseph

Another year...
Hull, Shanahan, Oates, Joseph, Brown

Another year...
Hull, Oates, Brown, Courtnall, Brinda'mour, Stevens

Yeah, I went back a little far with a couple of those...but still...I'm sure other teams were saying the same thing about us back then. We went through a long stretch were we were cup contenders and had a few elite players on a lot of different rosters...just seemingly one player short and couldn't get by Detroit.

The lack of superstars era for the Blues began when we started to rebuild coming out of the lockout. It really hasn't been THAT long since we had elite players on this team.

Blame Bill Laurie. During the biggest free agent pool ever in the NHL, Laurie was selling the team and didn't want any big contracts on the books...and we signed nobody...and we sucked because of it and everyone else got better. That ignorance is still hurting this team today.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

cprice12 wrote:
kodos wrote:I have so much bitterness over seeing a franchise like Tampa Bay end up with so many amazing players while toiling away with such a mediocre franchise that has been spinning it's wheels forever.

How quickly we forget...

Hull, Pronger, MacInnis, Demitra, Turgeon
All here, same year.

Another year...
Hull, Shanahan, Janney, Brown, Housely, Joseph

Another year...
Hull, Shanahan, Oates, Joseph, Brown

Another year...
Hull, Oates, Brown, Courtnall, Brinda'mour, Stevens

Yeah, I went back a little far with a couple of those...but still...I'm sure other teams were saying the same thing about us back then. We went through a long stretch were we were cup contenders and had a few elite players on a lot of different rosters...just seemingly one player short and couldn't get by Detroit.

The lack of superstars era for the Blues began when we started to rebuild coming out of the lockout. It really hasn't been THAT long since we had elite players on this team.

Blame Bill Laurie. During the biggest free agent pool ever in the NHL, Laurie was selling the team and didn't want any big contracts on the books...and we signed nobody...and we sucked because of it and everyone else got better. That ignorance is still hurting this team today.
Yes, (Frank) walmart.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Hey great. We had some stocked teams in the 90s that didn't accomplish a god damned thing. I guess I feel a lot better now about what a miserable black hole of suck this team has been for the last 10 years.

Look, all you need to know about the St. Louis Blues is that their number one historical moment is when they came back to win a game 6 in a series they would lose. Seriously. That's the franchises defining moment.

The Monday Night Miracle.

It's that bad.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

In my time as a fan I would call Brett Hull and Chris Pronger our franchise players. And we farted both of them away for nothing...

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

In terms of playoffs, no the Blues did not accomplish anything.

The Blues have had significant regular season accomplishments. How many players in the history of the NHL had a player score 50 goals in 50 games? Hull did it twice. That was a fun to watch era, even with the frustrating playoff losses.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

It was a fun era to watch. This is true. It's also part of what's making this era so painful to watch.

Not only are they losing. It's dull.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I think we could have won it all in 2003 when the team, up 3-1 in the series, came down with the flu.

Honestly, this team is too good to get a surefire gamechanger in the draft, and too shitty to win the cup. We will have to hope for some draft magic.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

I blame it all on Jamal Meyers eyebrows.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

stlbluz wrote:I blame it all on Jamal Meyers eyebrows.
TEH ANGER OF TEH TIGERZ!!11!!1!

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

Portland Blues wrote:
:lol: Those were horrid

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

joosforjihad wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
:lol: Those were horrid
Kind of makes you wish you were friends with him in "real life" so you could always remind him of how he once tiger-striped his eyebrows. "Hey Jamal, remember that time you felt all cocky and died your eyebrows? I've gotta ask again, WTF were you thinking?"

:grin: