Bergie Vs. Sendins?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Bergie Vs. Sendins?

Post by DaDitka »

Agreed on both fronts.

I remember last year thinking "EJ is going to really break out next year". That shows what potential he flashed, and also serves as a warning in regards to Petro.

That said, I think EJ's problems are in his confidence, it's easily correctable, and also something I don't think we'll have to worry about that with Petro.

I remember Kerbs and Chase talking earlier this year about EJ not handling Petro's success very well. My guess it that has really led him to 'press' and why we so so many mistakes. He needs to relax and let the game come to him.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

DaDitka wrote:He needs to relax and let the game come to him.
Bingo! The only thing he can control is his own game.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

This is what is causing the problems. He is constantly "letting the game come to him" instead of actually doing something like hitting an opponent when he should. Or falling on the ice to block a pass because he "let the game come to him." Darn near every game there are 2 or more times when we hear/see "Johnson goes down."
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I think Petro is solid and will remain so. I don't see him having a sophomore slump.

He's like Al MacInnis if you ask me....steady from day one.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

theohall wrote:
This is what is causing the problems. He is constantly "letting the game come to him" instead of actually doing something like hitting an opponent when he should. Or falling on the ice to block a pass because he "let the game come to him." Darn near every game there are 2 or more times when we hear/see "Johnson goes down."
I think it's because he's pressing, he's over thinking. Dude didn't forget how to play the game. He isn't hurt. There are only two possible explanations.....either it's between his ears, or he caught vaginitous from Jacks. He is the only hockey player I've actually seen loose his passion for the game completely.

I think he'll be fine next year. (EJ.......NOT Jackman)

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

DaDitka wrote:Agreed on both fronts.

I remember last year thinking "EJ is going to really break out next year". That shows what potential he flashed, and also serves as a warning in regards to Petro.

That said, I think EJ's problems are in his confidence, it's easily correctable, and also something I don't think we'll have to worry about that with Petro.

I remember Kerbs and Chase talking earlier this year about EJ not handling Petro's success very well. My guess it that has really led him to 'press' and why we so so many mistakes. He needs to relax and let the game come to him.
Getcher popcorn ready. It will go one way or the other for him in Colorado.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

fargoblues wrote:
DaDitka wrote:Agreed on both fronts.

Getcher popcorn ready. It will go one way or the other for him in Colorado.
I wish him well in Colorado, now that he's out of Petro's shadow maybe he'll come through.

Can't fault them at all for getting Stewart.