Dollar Dave really is broke....

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Dollar Dave really is broke....

Post by thedoc »

cardsfan04 wrote:I think I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with either this
Yes you are.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Fag.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Wow, that calendar is a total joke.

BringBackWoodcock!
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

DaDitka wrote:
STLADOGG wrote: He gave me it today and :facepalm:

What about the calendar?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh come on people! This was actually pretty funny.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
STLADOGG wrote: He gave me it today and :facepalm:

What about the calendar?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh come on people! This was actually pretty funny.
:lol: :lol: Haha, I did not notice that before.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

We talked about the calendar at length during episode #4 of the stlbluesradio.com podcast.

The calendar is a big deal to folks. It's a tradition, like the Maxwell House coffee mug night.
I wouldn't hang that calendar in my office, because I don't make a habit of hanging up photos of metrosexuals posing next to cars. It looks like something made for high school girls who think hockey players are hot.
Ugh.

And if the posing with the Ford cars wasn't bad enough...the photoshop work is terrible.

Worst Blues calendar ever. No question.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

That's really a bad calendar.

And Curt, you are spot on. My first thought was how bad the photoshop work was.

It is disrespectful to sell out the calendar that way. The could have let ford sponsor it without being completely unrelated to hockey.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

cprice12 wrote:We talked about the calendar at length during episode #4 of the stlbluesradio.com podcast.

The calendar is a big deal to folks. It's a tradition, like the Maxwell House coffee mug night.
I wouldn't hang that calendar in my office, because I don't make a habit of hanging up photos of metrosexuals posing next to cars. It looks like something made for high school girls who think hockey players are hot.
Ugh.

And if the posing with the Ford cars wasn't bad enough...the photoshop work is terrible.

Talking about those coffee mugs, those mugs last year were a disgrace. I had 3 of them and all of them had some sort of flaw on them.

And with this year calendar, like everyone else I don't care for the Ford pimping their shit through out the whole thing, but I don't care. It gives me what I want. A calendar that has the Blues games listed on there.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

philco_3 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:We talked about the calendar at length during episode #4 of the stlbluesradio.com podcast.

Ugh.

Talking about those coffee mugs, those mugs last year were a disgrace. I had 3 of them and all of them had some sort of flaw on them.

And with this year calendar, like everyone else I don't care for the Ford pimping their shit through out the whole thing, but I don't care. It gives me what I want. A calendar that has the Blues games listed on there.
Yeah that's all I care about too.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

STLADOGG wrote:
philco_3 wrote:

Ugh.

Yeah that's all I care about too.
heh, I'm not really the only one after all lol.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

philco_3 wrote:

Ugh.

This! I too had three...all flawed (in printing) . Plus one handle broke off the first time I held it and another was already chipped.

That in itself was no big deal, but win combined with the calendar debacle it reeks of disrespect for your fan base.

As a long time ticket holder (both season and smaller plans) this has been a growing trend throughout the organization and I for one am hoping a change in ownership may fix this at least a little. I thought fan appreciation was a strong suit of the Dollar Dave regimen early one but it has continued deteriorate over the last few years.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Speaking of Fan Appreciation, one of the first things Checketts did away with was giving a voucher for a free ticket the following year on the last game of the regular season. I can put the mug thing on the Maxwell House people as far as quality control, but the creative concept on the calendars should have to be signed off on by someone within the organ-i-zation. Who should be fired immediately.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Leedog wrote:Speaking of Fan Appreciation, one of the first things Checketts did away with was giving a voucher for a free ticket the following year on the last game of the regular season. I can put the mug thing on the Maxwell House people as far as quality control, but the creative concept on the calendars should have to be signed off on by someone within the organ-i-zation. Who should be fired immediately.
No matter how you pass the blame, the point is this organization has become complacent with the overwhelming fan support. And it's a young exciting team, so it won't hurt them at the ticket office.....but that doesn't make it right.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund