GDT#40: 1/5/12 > Blues vs Oilers > 7:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT#40: 1/5/12 > Blues vs Oilers > 7:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Post by sseagle »

WE WANT TAC-OS
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

What a motherfucking win!

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

St. Louis 23-12-5 51

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

It wasn't the biggest win or the best win, but this was one of the most impressive wins I've seen from the Blues. 2nd period was horrendous on so many levels, but to bounce back like that in the 3rd builds character.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

Nice freaking job, Halak... ya scumbag.
I know, he's been playing way the hell better and I didn't see it since I'm listening to the KMOX... but why (Frank) with tradition?
Jesus
What the frack is this????
It just gets worse and worse. How can they not get up to play a solid 60 against Edmon-(Frank)-ton?
Shitdicks... time to get a new defense...
Hitch should send Louie out to take the next faceoff
(Frank) disgraceful to be down 3-1 to the (Frank) Oilers. where the hell did the defense go?
They need to play 200 feet
:letsgoblues:
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

cardsfan04 wrote:It wasn't the biggest win or the best win, but this was one of the most impressive wins I've seen from the Blues. 2nd period was horrendous on so many levels, but to bounce back like that in the 3rd builds character.
Don't see many comeback wins, so it's nice to see they can actually do it (as opposed to the Detroit game). It's a good sign. :letsgoblues:

KPFBlue
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KPFBlue »

AlsWoodenStick wrote:
I know, he's been playing way the hell better and I didn't see it since I'm listening to the KMOX... but why (Frank) with tradition?
Jesus
It just gets worse and worse. How can they not get up to play a solid 60 against Edmon-(Frank)-ton?
(Frank) disgraceful to be down 3-1 to the (Frank) Oilers. where the hell did the defense go?

What point you are trying to make? :lol:
Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

What a weird ass game. That call on Polak was one of the worst I've seen. What the hell was that? As well as those two calls on Perron that both looked like they should have gone the other way. I guess getting knocked into a goalie is roughing now. Just like getting bear hugged and spun around mean you are high sticking.

Also, how many posts did edmonton hit? It had to be 6. It was something ridiculous.

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

KPFBlue wrote:
AlsWoodenStick wrote:
Jesus

What point you are trying to make? :lol:
Play 60 minutes :okman:

Good damn win.

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

sseagle wrote:WE WANT TAC-OS
Also, this chant is still alive.

dirtypel30
Prospect
Prospect

Post by dirtypel30 »

As a life long fan, I've seen great players in their prime. Does this Blues team have the staying power. This is the tough run of the season. Grind out road games and win at home. I will always believe in Blues. Just hoping this isn't an extended run like we saw get them to the playoffs of 08-09. They are fun to watch. Flying around like I'm use to seeing before. Out working teams. They seem to have matured as hockey players. I'm enjoying the ride. Make it last to equal the significance of my day of wedding bliss. Or, with my wife not over my shoulder, that great excitement of sports teams (that you idol), making :letsgoblues: the crown of Lord Stanley. I'm tired of other teams doing it. :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues:

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

I just want freaking flashchat back.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

WE-WANT-FLASH-CHAT! :letsgoblues:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

What a win. That 2nd period felt like the cards were stacked against the Blues. The officiating was AWFUL. That 'major' on Polak was a bunch of crap. Same thing for the call on Perron after Smyth clutched him and spun him around. Sure, his follow through his Smyth on the noggin, but that was a pathetic call.

Halak made some big saves, he gave up some big rebounds too, and the posts...but, we got the win. It's nice that the Blues can play an up/down game and still come out on top.

Also, David Backes was a beast. It's awesome that he's our Captain.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Well, I completely missed the boat on Halak taking a stranglehold on the #1 job.....but not the less - this was a HUGE win for this team I think. When a team has struggled to score and manages to come back from a 2 goal deficit...that has to help their confidence believing they can come back again the next time they find themselves in similar circumstances.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Jack T Adams wrote:
I just want freaking flashchat back.

AMEN

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Lots of stuff...

I'm not sold on Halak.
Halak was good at times last night. But that horrible goal he allowed that hit off his glove and went in, (shocker), was bad...and Edmonton also hit, I think I counted, 6 posts in the game. We were pretty fortunate they didn't light us up. If not for the great comeback, and if a couple of those 6 posts go in, it could have been chalked up as a poor game for Halak. He also fumbled a couple pucks in front (shocker) when trying to cover them up...which is mindboggling.

He was very good at times last night, but he was also very lucky. I'm just not buying the "Halak has been unbelievable!!!" comments from some fans and most of the media (who just look at his numbers). Yes, he is getting the wins now and yes he has very good numbers over his recent run, but damnit, he's not playing as well as his numbers are trending...and that means it could even out soon.

I'm not a Halak hater by any means...I am really pulling for the guy...but he needs to be much better if he is going to beat Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver, etc. in a playoff series.

Right now, I'm still much more confident in Elliott...he's been better and hasn't really been allowing many "bad goals" at all.
Halak just still makes me nervous.
I'm just striving for perfection from our supposed #1...which you may never get in a goalie, but he just needs to be better.

Anyway...

Great 1st period last night.
Crazy, weird, goofy, shitty, odd, 2nd period.
Impressive 3rd period.

That game had a little bit of everything.
Horrible calls...one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while, and I've seen some bad ones this year. The officials are always pretty bad, but this season it seems they have had more bad games than usual. And then to top of Shanahan's inconsistent crap, it's been a frustrating year for Blues fans as far as officials go...but they have overcome it and are having their best season in years. In numerous games they have had to overcome horrible reffing to successfully win a game, which is impressive. But it really says something when you win a game, and still wildly complain about the officials.

That was the best game I have seen Stewart play in a long time. He was all over the ice, he potted a goal, he made things happen...where the hell has that been?? If he's finally out of his funk...that will be huge.

Berglund still frustrates. He'll look good at times with flashes of strong play on the puck, but he can never finish.

Jackman has been very good this year. I keep waiting for him to falter and turn in some bad games and cost us some goals with bonehead plays, but that's not happening. THIS is the Jackman we need...I'm back on his bandwagon. Solid and in your face...doesn't take any crap from anyone and he is simply playing well.

Currently tied with Detroit and only one point behind Chicago for the division lead.
This is a hell of a race right now in the Central.

I watched the game on DVR last night, a couple hours behind live tv. So I turn on NHL Network to watch highlights/recaps from the game. I watched it for 40 minutes and they seemingly recapped and showed highlights from every game twice...EXCEPT the Blues game. They never showed it. I finally set it to record the rest of it and the next episode and went to bed...I'll see what they had to say about the game later. What the hell? Anyone else notice they didn't seem to care to show the highlights from the Blues-Oilers game? Stupid.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote: Jackman has been very good this year. I keep waiting for him to falter and turn in some bad games and cost us some goals with bonehead plays, but that's not happening. THIS is the Jackman we need...I'm back on his bandwagon. Solid and in your face...doesn't take any crap from anyone and he is simply playing well.

This is what has always frustrated me.

I know you really hated Brewer...but IMO Brewer sucked and we simply expected too much from him.

Jackman has the ability to be good...very good....and has generally chosen not to.

I know know what's got him motivated right now, but I certainly hope he keeps it up. He's fun to watch when he's playing like this.

As for the goalies, I too have felt more confident in Eliot all season long but have always thought if we were really going to not just make the playoffs, but make a run in the playoffs we'ed need Halak to find his 'A' game. He had played so confident lately I thought perhaps we were about to see that. Instead we got another inconsistent game out of him.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote: Jackman has been very good this year. I keep waiting for him to falter and turn in some bad games and cost us some goals with bonehead plays, but that's not happening. THIS is the Jackman we need...I'm back on his bandwagon. Solid and in your face...doesn't take any crap from anyone and he is simply playing well.

This is what has always frustrated me.

I know you really hated Brewer...but IMO Brewer sucked and we simply expected too much from him.

Jackman has the ability to be good...very good....and has generally chosen not to.

I know know what's got him motivated right now, but I certainly hope he keeps it up. He's fun to watch when he's playing like this.

As for the goalies, I too have felt more confident in Eliot all season long but have always thought if we were really going to not just make the playoffs, but make a run in the playoffs we'ed need Halak to find his 'A' game. He had played so confident lately I thought perhaps we were about to see that. Instead we got another inconsistent game out of him.
Jackman is easier to get behind and support because he wears his emotion on his sleeve. He plays with emotion, he'll get in a guys face, he'll knock someone on their ass and give them an extra shot, and chew someone out with a killer stare and defend a teammate to the death. He has other qualities that a fan can support.

Brewer never did any of that.
Not only did he suck in costing us goals and making horrible plays, but he brought nothing else to the table. He didn't play with a fire in his eyes, he didn't knock guys around or intimidate anyone or play the role of the bad ass, or even act upset if something went wrong. He came off as just not caring...which I am sure isn't the case, but it just looks bad. I can't root for that crap. He sucked, plus he was passive and boring. He is the Dan Quinn of defense.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/