Marchand hit on Salo.... Suspension? (and some other hits)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Should Marchand be suspended for his hit on Salo?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:28 am

Yes, dirty low hit to the knees.
50%
No, that's hockey...good hip check.
50%

Total votes: 12

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Marchand hit on Salo.... Suspension?

Post by drwoland »

I doubt Franzen will get anything :roll:

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Boston is one the dirtiest teams around and those always escape getting punished. It looked like a dirty and intentional hit low to me. Should be 2-3 games.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

drwoland wrote:I doubt Franzen will get anything :roll:
You're probably right...I don't even think it's being reviewed...not sure why not though.

What's completely wrong about that is that what Franzen did wasn't 'a hockey play'...it wasn't a situation where he boarded someone who turned at the last second and Franzen didn't really mean to hurt him but he gets a game or two from a reckless play or anything like that.

What Franzen did here is jump up and blindside a guy with a punch to the face that wasn't even during play, it was after a goal when a guy has his guard down.

Franzen wasn't even punched first like a lot of Wings fans are saying...he was held down for a second when he tried to get up, but that was it.

That's a dirty play by Franzen. He could have really hurt Montador.

And listen to Pierre McGuire drool all over Datsyuk's goal, "WHAT A GOAL BY DATSYUK!!" after he sees the replay.
Uhhh...the shot was going wide...it went off a Blackhawk's hip and in. :roll: :roll:
But whatever...because it came off of Datsyuk's stick, it must be the best goal ever scored.
McGuire annoys me.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: Marchand hit on Salo.... Suspension? (and some other hits)

Post by northwest dave »

Marchand got 5 games.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

So what you (Franking) pansies are saying is that this is now illegal too. Check.
Open ice hits, goodbye
hipchecks, goodbye

Why not just put all the players in pink tutus and have them pound each other in the ass while midgets dressed as fairies prance around the ice throwing garlands of flowers into the stands?

(Frank) this pussy assed league.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

5 games. (Frank) this league. Bunch of pussy assed bullshit. I'm losing respect for who used to be my favorite player in the league. :x

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 01878.html

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Winning Unlimited wrote:According to my rigorous, substantial time invested analysis, suspension.
Edit: (Frank) you spell check. iid and Poisson are spelled correctly.

WINNNARR!!!!!!! Expected value of Poisson(5) is five!! lawl

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

ohio BLUES wrote:He's coasting in and conceding the puck to Marchand, but there's no way for Marchand to know that.
My thoughts exactly.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

philco_3 wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:He's coasting in and conceding the puck to Marchand, but there's no way for Marchand to know that.
My thoughts exactly.
So that makes it ok for Marchand cuts his legs out from under him at the knees?

Dunno about that.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

cprice12 wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Usually, I'd say give him a game or two. However, in this case, I consider it as the Canucks getting some of their own medicine.
While we're talking about possible suspensions...what about Franzen sucker punching Montador after the OT winner on Sunday?

Thoughts?

[youtube][/youtube]
It was dirty, but that's to be expected when you're playing Detroit. As far as suspensions or fines, I don't see one there. What I DO see is the fact that they play each other 4 more times this season. Plenty of chances for Montador (or Carcillo) to address it later.

I have a bigger problem with the multiple slashes on Sharp's wrist, which has him out for 3-4 weeks. A guy like Montador can take getting jawjacked, but if someone doesn't address the slash on Sharp's wrist on a personal level (not on the league's behalf), I'll be pretty upset.

P.S.- Shanananananananahan wasn't the cleanest player in the league when he played, either. Nice for the league to have a guy of such character to be handing out suspensions. You know, for a minute I was worried they'd have a guy who banged one of his own teammates wife in that position.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Shanny was a pretty clean player. Sure, he pummeled Tkachuck as he turtled like a pussy that one time, but he wasn't dirty.

And regarding that punch by Franzen...... well, that's the only cool thing I've ever seen that pansy do, ever.

He may get a game for that. That wasn't a face wash, that was a full-powered roundhouse. I would expect a game for that in this vagina league.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

That was a dirty hit, but 5 games? Not everything has to be a suspension. Give Marchand a penalty and let somebody beat his face in later in the game. See if he wants to low bridge somebody again.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I don't mind that he got suspended (knee shots are dirty and potentially career ending), but 5 games is a bit much IMO. The league really needs to get back to players policing the game themselves more.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

cardsfan04 wrote:I don't mind that he got suspended (knee shots are dirty and potentially career ending), but 5 games is a bit much IMO. The league really needs to get back to players policing the game themselves more.
It's because he has a prior. Dude plays on an edge but is starting to become the next Tootoo. He's answered the bell twice this year, but I doubt he'll spend anytime facing the likes of Ryan Reaves or someone of that ilk.