GDT#48: 1/23/12 > Blues @ Red Wings > 6:30 PM > NBCSN/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: GDT#48: 1/23/12 > Blues @ Red Wings > 6:30 PM > NBCSN/KMOX

Post by northwest dave »

northwest dave wrote:
sseagle wrote:I don't know how, but we will get the only pen on this one...
Of course. Helm was innocent because of the jersey he wears.

But dumb play by Carlo.
I might add that this league rewards you for being a pussy. Helm and Stuart...don't man up and get the call.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

Oz-iz-God
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Oz-iz-God »

This is what it's like to be a Cubs fan.

The Wings are better than us. They'll ALWAYS be better than us. When Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Howard and Franzen are dead and buried, the Wings will have a new set of guys that get in this team's head and just generally own them.

The Blues, no matter the personnel, see the Wings as their big brother -- that's just the way of it.

(Frank). Just (Frank). I'm so (Franking) tired of these guys but it just doesn't matter. If we play them in the playoffs, the season's over. No matter the seeding, the only chance we have to accomplish anything is for someone else to beat these guys for us.

Because the Blues damn sure aren't going to do it.

(Frank).
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).

AlsWoodenStick
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by AlsWoodenStick »

What a dumbass penalty by Cola. That seals it.

Halak played well, Howard played better, and Detroit still sucks.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

What was the crowd chanting? I couldn't make it out.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

dmiles2186 wrote:Another elbow from Helm. Another non-call. Eff this reffing crew.
Not only was it an elbow - it was also interference. Petro had not played the puck and Helm avoided playing the puck to hit Petro.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Oz-iz-God wrote:This is what it's like to be a Cubs fan.

The Wings are better than us. They'll ALWAYS be better than us. When Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Howard and Franzen are dead and buried, the Wings will have a new set of guys that get in this team's head and just generally own them.

The Blues, no matter the personnel, see the Wings as their big brother -- that's just the way of it.

(Frank). Just (Frank). I'm so (Frank) tired of these guys but it just doesn't matter. If we play them in the playoffs, the season's over. No matter the seeding, the only chance we have to accomplish anything is for someone else to beat these guys for us.

(Frank).
Well, we have beat them at our place...

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

So Jimmy 'Rebound' Howard is allowed to blatantly ATTACK our players?
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Want blood on ice now!

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

(Frank). Just (Frank). I'm so (Frank) tired of these guys but it just doesn't matter. If we play them in the playoffs, the season's over. No matter the seeding, the only chance we have to accomplish anything is for someone else to beat these guys for us.

(Frank).
Wtf are you talking about? Each team won its home game this year. Detroit is great at home but they are getting none at Scottrade. Stop whining.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Looked like Howard punched first there, huh?

Hitch needs to calm this team down the next time we play these pussies.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

Oz-iz-God
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Oz-iz-God »

abc789987 wrote:

(Frank).
Well, we have beat them at our place...
When we were plucky little losers.

Notice that as soon as we started challenging them, they went back to piss-pounding us?

I have no faith in these guys winning a game that matters against the Redwings. I blame Jon Casey.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Blues were better in the first, Wings better the rest of the way. But the Blues sent a message, played physical and the fights/scrums were nice. The season series is 3-2 in favor of the Wings. It's not like they are dominating us on the season. Back at it tomorrow night.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Ok (Frank) these faggots, we got a game tomorrow.. then 9 days to practice scoring.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

sseagle wrote:Ok (Frank) these faggots, we got a game tomorrow.. then 9 days to practice scoring.
Oh shit. Didn't realize it was going to be 9 days...

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Jimmy Howard had better tighten those pads. If he wants to fight like a man, let's see how those knees hold up next time.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

We looked like the Oakland Raiders taking dumb penalties tonight and it cost us the game.

Yes, the noncalls made me want to throw things at my television. Yes, they had a bullseye on petro all night. We took the bait... all night.

I hear folks on "sending a message" but I would prefer to send the "we just kicked your ass" message on the SCOREBOARD.

The biggest issue we had tonight was scoring goals. One goal is not going to be good enough to win the :cup: - we need to finish.

That backhand goal on the pp was sick. (Franking) sick. Picked out the top shelf and buried it. Our guys need to spend more time practicing that shit and less time worrying about the officiating or lack there of.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

If that was an instigation penalty then 90% of the fights in this league need to have an instigation penalty. Complete and total garbage rubbish.

Garage league horse crap. And that crap non interference penalty on Peitrangelo. What the hell was that. **** the NHL. **** the refs. **** the Red Wings. **** all their fans.

Jack T Adams
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Jack T Adams »

There is a bigger issue here. Without a scorer, the blues are not a true contender. They aren't going to beat most of these tops teams in a seven game series with this inability to finish chances.

Since the 4-1 win over the Rangers, the Blues are winless against nashville, nashville, detroit, detroit, vancouver and detroit and scored more than one goal only twice and never scored three.

Teams aren't taking the blues lightly anymore and the Blues aren't scoring enough to win these games. Blues have one goal in the last seven plus periods in Detroit.
OFFICIAL 2007-2008 SPONSOR OF THE LATE DOUG WICKENHEISER, BRINGING BACK KEN WILSON and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals, Rams and BLUES!

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

And why is that human turd Howard allowed to throw 50 punches and only get a single penalty, while our team gets two roughing calls and two 10 minute misconducts on the same play? Is throwing 50 punches not considered instigating? What the hell?

Instigating. Seriously. How did Stewart get called for instigating? Being the guy who wants to start a fight results in a penalty now? Stuart took of his gloves before Stewart. It's bullshit.

I guess 90% of all fights will have an instigator penalty called on them, right?

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Overall, Detroit was better in this game...so it is what it is. But be that as it may, it was a one goal game late in the 3rd...and if not for a bad non-call, the Blues would have been on the PP down 2-1 late...and who knows.

However, I did have some issues with some things.

The instigator on Stewart....no. He goes over to Stuart and wants to fight, like all fights start. And then Stuart drops the gloves first and grabs Stewart when Stewart drops his gloves.
Instigator my ass. Stuart was a willing participant. Yes, Stewart wanted to fight, but Stuart could have skated away or just shoved back. Lame.
At least Stewart destroyed him...wow.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...Howard is a piece of shit. He's playing great, but God forbid anyone get in his crease, or bump him, or whatever. He runs his mouth, takes shots, bitches and whines whenever someone breathes on him. I've seen him do it A LOT. That's two games out of 5 against the Blues this year where he has attacked someone. The refs should have let Backes throw punches with him instead of forcing him away from the play...that would have been great. Howard can suck it.

Late in the 3rd when Helm hit Puh-trangelo....that was textbook interference. Helm really hammered Petro as he was going for the puck and took him out when he was 5 feet from the puck...he never touched it. And of course, the idiots on NBC Sports during the game and in the post game, never once mentioned it was interference, not a single damn time. They just talked about what a bad penalty it was on Carlo. The Blues should have been on the PP and down 2-1 there instead of on the PK where the Wings eventually went up 3-1.

The two power plays the Wings scored on, probably shouldn't have been power plays. But like I said before, Detroit outplayed the Blues and deserved to win the game, but they were fortunate on those two calls that they ended up scoring on. If they don't get those power plays, who knows?

Not a good game for Pietrangelo. He bit on Datsyuk's fake on Detroit's 1st goal...looked bad there. And he was destroyed on two hits that ended up being Detroit power plays in the end...and they scored on both.

Perron is supposed to have golden hands...he needed to bury one of his two or three golden chances in tight. Missed opportunities.

While it would have been very nice to win this game as it was a big game, standings-wise, not a huge deal as it would have been the past few years. I'm irritated, but it just means we have to play better against Detroit next time. We are solidly up at the top of the standings still...and a win vs. Pittsburgh puts us 1pt. back of Detroit again with the same number of games played.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/