Langs injury?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Langs injury?

Post by deadphish »

What's the possibility that Langs injury is just a strategic move to rest him up? Without getting to conspiracy theory-ish, doesn't it make sense to have an old playoff dog like that fully charged for the playoffs? I guess the counterpoint to this is why isn't Arnott resting with an "injury" ? Maybe because his production is desperately needed? Ya think?????
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Langs injury?

Post by kodos »

No.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Eh, not sure about that. With 18 games still to go, it's a bit early to "get some rest" before the playoffs. If there were only 5-6 games left, I could see it.

In other news, we are 16 points ahead of 8th seed Dallas. Long, long time since we've been this high in the standings this late in the year. :letsgoblues:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

gaijin wrote:Eh, not sure about that. With 18 games still to go, it's a bit early to "get some rest" before the playoffs. If there were only 5-6 games left, I could see it.

In other news, we are 16 points ahead of 8th seed Dallas. Long, long time since we've been this high in the standings this late in the year. :letsgoblues:
It's baffling to see where the Blues are in the standings. Early in the season, I kept hoping they'd stockpile enough points so that when they had their usual December/January swoon, they'd have enough points in the bank to still be in contention for the 8th seed. Still a ways to go, but they've built themselves a pretty nice cushion overall.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:
gaijin wrote:Eh, not sure about that. With 18 games still to go, it's a bit early to "get some rest" before the playoffs. If there were only 5-6 games left, I could see it.

It's baffling to see where the Blues are in the standings. Early in the season, I kept hoping they'd stockpile enough points so that when they had their usual December/January swoon, they'd have enough points in the bank to still be in contention for the 8th seed. Still a ways to go, but they've built themselves a pretty nice cushion overall.

Exactly....only It was more of a February/March swoon that I was worried about with us basically playing the entire month of January at home.

I think from the start of the season many of us pointed to this road trip as one of the most vital and telling portions of the season and it could't have gotten off on a better note. Now let's bring it home with at least a point tonight.....screw that.....let's get two!

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

DaDitka wrote:screw that.....let's get two!
This.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

They're not faking a month long injury. If he heals some nagging issues while he's sidelined, that's just a silver lining.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen