From their Perspective - Chicago

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

HockeyGuy73
Prospect
Prospect

From their Perspective - Chicago

Post by HockeyGuy73 »

Taken from:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1128341

I have had the crappiest day so far so I'm fully expecting a disappointing loss to round it out.

Hawks lose 3-0

Big shock to see all the negativity on this board again...

Score first and they will win. Blues can't really implement their system when trailing. Force their ****ing hands!

7-3 Hawks. Let's screw up that GAA average.

reading around these boards...anyone else find Blues fans really cocky now? They are having one good regular season.

Please dismantle hitchcock's robot army with no remorse. Hawk's 7-0.

Yes. But they have every right to be until their team fails, which as of today has not happened. Personally, I see the Blues flopping come springtime, unable to score when they need to... but we'll see.

Bollig squaring up on Reaves, he's outsized. Good luck, son.

Bollig won that one, nice intense fight and professional ending there at the end.

Blues score. They are controlling this game early on. BTW, Lepisto and Olsen are terrible!

Inevitable goal. The blues have basically been on the power play since the game started.

Blues commentary team is the most annoying ****ing pair in league history, I've decided.

There was a vote on best tandem and they actually were 3rd...the more you know.

So screaming and crowing with all the unrestrained glee of Rosie O'Donnell falling into a cake factory is popular and professional?

Give me a break.

lol. They are absolutely terrible. Especially Panger. One of the worst in the league easily. I watch a ton of Blues games so I know how truly awful they are.

1-0 Blues
Great, now we can watch the most boring hockey ever.

My god what I wouldn't give for Stalberg to have hands.

I think we are going to get curb stomped in this one fellas. Blues are just too tough for the Hawks.

Looks like men vs boys out there... Embarrissing

The blues don't even look like they're trying to play defense and the hawks can't get through.

Not impressed with St. Louis at this point. It's all about the Hawks failing to clear the zone.

Man a Blues v Preds playoff series could be brutal to watch if they finish 4/5

Sharp... wtf.

How does that not go in?

jesus christ! i was up in arms....before slowly lowering them in shame

Last year I watched almost every Blues game. This year I put them all on at some point(usually DVRed) so that I can take a nap. Probably the most boring team in the NHL now with Hitchcock. Can't wait for them to inevitably fail and he gets fired 2-3 years from now.

Keith blows, as does the power play.

Does any player in the NHL fumble the puck on passes, stickhandling and everything else more than Keith? Don't think it is possible.

Perron throws Seabs down like a little girl

Hopefully that wakes the Hawks up

Hawks seriously look drunk

Dirty play by Oshie
How the **** is that not a penalty??????? ****ing ********

Oshie goes after Kane ,,, God what a little punk

The Blues play hockey like I play Mario Kart
Every little bump counts

What ******** elbow from Oshie and Seabrook goes off. ****ing terrible.

TJ Oshie with the usual interference at the blueline that doesn't get called. Surprise, surprise.

how is this team so much better than the hawks?

why the **** wasn't that a penalty on oshie? he threw his arm up directly at kane's head for one and kane was also nowhere near in that puck. ********

This game is a circus.

Refs+Blues take the lead

2-0.
It's only going to get worse. Team is pretty clearly outmatched offensively.

I'd love to play the Blues in the 1st round. They have 1st round losers all over them. Can't wait to see them crumble in the playoffs.

C'mon. Seriously. The Blues look bigger, faster and more skilled to this point. I get cheering for the home team but lets not get blinded in the process.

2-0 Blues after 1

Hawks being outplayed and manhandled

I would give anything to have John Scott in this game to just beat the living hell out of Backes.

Hossa is playing like a little punk that doesn't want anything to do with this physical game.

Figures the Hawks would come out with a stinker after winning a few games. They always do. This has nothing to do with the Blues, the Hawks can beat them at will. Too bad that will and concentration just isn't there(at least for the 1st period).

I'm not sure how much more I can tolerate St. Louis coming out on top over Chicago teams. There are fewer fans more smug and that radiate entitlement than those that reside in St. Louis. And sadly the majority of their major fan base lives in Illinois.

Blues have a great D with some real nice young talent

That is big key to there success. They robbed Avs IMO when they traded EJ for Shattenkirk

Shattenkirk is better player now and in future

Yeah, Blues are a good team. This is not the same kind of team as the Preds that we beat in 2010. This Blues team isn't an offensive juggernaut, but they do have a lot more talent at F in guys like Backes, McDonald, Perron, and Oshie. They are a pretty deep team, especially at D and in goal. Playing them in 1st rd could definitely gas the team and you could definitely lose a few bodies in a 7 game series against the Blues.

On a lighter note...I just programmed my Iphone 4s to call me 'Beergod' from now on...

IMO Blues would be brutal matchup for who ever gets them

I think a Blues/Preds 1st round matchup is inevitable given the race right now

If that is case I think both teams beat each other up pretty good in 7 game series (Low scoring) and that who ever gets them in 2nd round will take them out

Reaves to the box. Time for another 2 minutes of no shots on goal and the hawks skating around their own zone.

Reaves....what a ****. Awful hit. That is just ********.

lol Reeves is a punk.

Wow what a god awful embarrassment of a PP the Hawks have

Sobotka SH goal ,,,, Brutal D

3-0 Blues

That's the game. I'm done.

divisional game on the road and you can't even get up to play it? What the hell is wrong with these stiffs?

Disagree that the Hawks don't match up well with the Blues. I just can't see their success continuing in the playoffs.

They remind me of the Phoenix Coyotes of the last 2 years. Once teams match their intensity they are simply outmatched. Coyotes have gotten knocked out the 1st round even with their solid record and Blues will be the same IMO. I think any team beats the Blues except maybe Dallas or LA if they make it.

Fire Quenneville!

Game over. I was hopeful they would come out of the locker room with some fire, but they somehow quit even harder. Totally gave up.

this is a spot where id love for q to call a random timeout to just chew the **** out of the entire team. there is no energy or focus out there right now.

Tons of great young talent on the Blues with tremendous goaltending. I think they have a brighter future than we do.

If it looks like the team has no energy, it's cause the Blues suck it right out of a team.

Not to mention they are freakin stocked with high end propects. At least 3 of which are top level guys

They have better top end talent with Shwartz and Tarasenko but we do have a deeper pool. None of their forwards will be as good as Kane, Toews, Hossa though.

lepisto with a leg/ankle injury. Fine by me, he's been terrible.

I know I'm not supposed to, but I like the Blues team, just not when we play them.

Blues just dominating in every facet of game

The Story of the night is the Lone Blackhawk Indian trying to wrestle a GIANT BLUE BEAR!

Man I am getting sleepy ,, Blues suck the life out of games

Hawks need a faster transition/breakout game to expose the Blue's lack of speed....not even close to happening

Polak is the most underated dman in NHL

impressed with st louis's overall game. solid d, good forward support, solid goal tending.

Hawks too PP ,, Please decline it

This is one of those games you need to just throw puck on net because Blues aren't letting you set anything up

Hossa is drunk. Has to be.

I'm actually laughing the Hawks look so bad.

Blues announcers just said we have 2 SOG in all 4 PPs. Is that even possible?

If the Blues are boring assome say, i wish we were more boring. They are just outworking, outhitting, outskating, outeverythinging the Hawks. Looking at the standings makes me think this isnt some fluke Blues game

I never thought I'd say it but I miss Carcillo in a game like this.

Tip your cap to the Blues.

Right when I'm about to shut the computer down, and get some much needed sleep... they pull me back in.

We definitely put the "special" in special teams.

This offensive "system" sucks. Why the hell do you send all three forwards below the goal line, when most of your d-men can't get the puck on net consistently? So nobody's in scoring position most of the time. Fire Quenneville!

Actually, Cory Stillman is lined up to buy the Blues, looks like that deal will be closed soon.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: From their Perspective - Chicago

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I lol at the fools who say the Blues are boring. Seriously? I can't remember a time when I've enjoyed watching a team more than I have the Blues this season. Maybe they aren't offensive dynamo's but they do just about everything solidly and that, to me, is fun to watch.

I guess I'd take "boring" + wins over flashy + losses any day of the week. Call me crazy...
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Some were respectful comments...but those are no fun to comment on. :lol:

All the comments about the Blues not being able to score are just people reaching for something to say bad about the Blues. They would gladly switch stats with St. Louis right now.

I don't get the Panger hate. He's very good. Not liking a catch phrase or two is one thing, but overall Panger is one of the best.
Last year I watched almost every Blues game. This year I put them all on at some point(usually DVRed) so that I can take a nap. Probably the most boring team in the NHL now with Hitchcock. Can't wait for them to inevitably fail and he gets fired 2-3 years from now.
Why is it that just because the Blues are the best defensive team in the league, people think they are a boring team to watch? That couldn't be any farther from the truth. These fans are confusing the Blues ability to completely shut down their opponents, with playing boring hockey. Routinely outplaying, outshooting, outchancing your opponents does not equal boring hockey. The Blues have been anything but boring this year.
Maybe Hawk fans were bored because the Hawks couldn't do much, but Blues fans were enjoying the 5-1 win as the Blues dominated.
Not impressed with St. Louis at this point. It's all about the Hawks failing to clear the zone.
:lol:
TJ Oshie with the usual interference at the blueline that doesn't get called. Surprise, surprise.
It's called a reverse hit. It's not interference. You NEVER see that called.
Because a great defense wins games and more times than not, shuts down a good offense...hence the Blues record this year.
Refs+Blues take the lead
Hawks had a lot more PP time than the Blues did. The Blues had only had one PP in the game midway through the 3rd period.
I'd love to play the Blues in the 1st round. They have 1st round losers all over them. Can't wait to see them crumble in the playoffs.
The Blues are almost assured of home ice advantage in the first round as they will finish either 1st, 2nd or 4th...and they have the best home record in the league.
Sure, anything can happen in the playoffs...but it would be a shocker if this team loses with home ice advantage in the first round. I don't care who they are playing.
Figures the Hawks would come out with a stinker after winning a few games. They always do. This has nothing to do with the Blues, the Hawks can beat them at will. Too bad that will and concentration just isn't there(at least for the 1st period).
:lol: :lol:
Inevitable? :?:
The Blues will finish either 1st, 2nd, or 4th. Any of the three could happen. The only way they play Nashville is if they finish 4th and Nashville finishes 5th.
Actually, Cory Stillman is lined up to buy the Blues, looks like that deal will be closed soon.
Kinda sums up the entire bath of comments. :lol:

I hope the Blues finish 1st and the Hawks finish 8th. Chicago's goaltending is shakey, and Toewes has a concussion and may not even play in the playoffs. We are 8-1 in our last 9 playoff games vs. the Hawks. I'd love to see that number jump to 12-2 in the last 14 playoff games.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

This is the one I liked....
If the Blues are boring as some say, i wish we were more boring. They are just outworking, outhitting, outskating, out everythinging the Hawks. Looking at the standings makes me think this isnt some fluke Blues game
A Hawks fan actually realizing his team wasn't losing because the Blues are supposedly boring, but because the Blues kicked the Hawks butt in every phase of the game.

The only Blues forward under 50% in faceoffs was Berglund. Seeing who he faced off against, he should have done better.

Heck, the Hawks had 10 minutes of power play time and only managed 3 shots on goal while giving up a short-handed goal.

Looking over the game summary, the Blues clearly dominated this game, which is probably very boring to Hawks fans.

SOGs 31-20 STL; Hits 15-12 STL; Takeaways 9-5 STL; Blocked Shots 13-4 STL; Faceoffs 53% for STL.

Not to mention the 0-for-5 giving up a shortie PP the Hawks executed.

That 5-1 road trip has this Blues team flying. I hope that continues during this next road trip.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

The Flake
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by The Flake »

HockeyGuy73 wrote:Taken from:

I said the exact same thing about Kane when that hit happened. Minus taking the Lords name in vain. :lol:
Remember,
Amateurs built the ark ....
Professionals built the Titanic

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

theohall wrote:This is the one I liked....
If the Blues are boring as some say, i wish we were more boring. They are just outworking, outhitting, outskating, out everythinging the Hawks. Looking at the standings makes me think this isnt some fluke Blues game
A Hawks fan actually realizing his team wasn't losing because the Blues are supposedly boring, but because the Blues kicked the Hawks butt in every phase of the game.

The only Blues forward under 50% in faceoffs was Berglund. Seeing who he faced off against, he should have done better.

Heck, the Hawks had 10 minutes of power play time and only managed 3 shots on goal while giving up a short-handed goal.

Looking over the game summary, the Blues clearly dominated this game, which is probably very boring to Hawks fans.

SOGs 31-20 STL; Hits 15-12 STL; Takeaways 9-5 STL; Blocked Shots 13-4 STL; Faceoffs 53% for STL.

Not to mention the 0-for-5 giving up a shortie PP the Hawks executed.

That 5-1 road trip has this Blues team flying. I hope that continues during this next road trip.
I was gonna quote the same comment because it's so spot on. Blues won't get in many high scoring games. So, if scoring is the only thing that brings excitement, I could see why people say the Blues are boring. But, low scoring games are some of the best game to watch because you are always on the edge of your seat.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

It's just fans whining about their team being dominated.
They are lashing out.

What they should be saying is that the Blues make THEIR TEAM boring to watch because the Blues shut them down. And, uh...that is the object of the game, right?

The Blues aren't getting 18 shots on net and winning games 2-1, they usually get 30-40 shots on net and win 2-1. They generate tons of chances, play very physical, are a very quick team and have some young exciting players on offense, defense and in net that are fun to watch. The quality chances are there, the excitement is there, and they seem to get the goals when they need them, they just don't finish around the net as much as they probably should based on the number of chances they get.

Opposing fans saying this Blues team is "boring" is just them being bitter, jealous and ignorant.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I've missed these kinds of threads. They were really fun when the Blues were horrible and beating teams much better than them. But they are even better when the Blues are the better team pounding on a squad that used to be superior.

I was surprised by their dislike of Duncan Keith. Wasn't it just two years ago that he won the Norris trophy? I know he's fallen off a bit, but it sounds like the Blackhawks faithful have lost faith in their team.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

I do have to admit they are spot on in regards to Kelly and Panger though.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

thedoc wrote:I do have to admit they are spot on in regards to Kelly and Panger though.
Agree to a point. When Pang isn't saying "Holy Jumpin" or "He gave him the old 9 of hearts" I enjoy listening to him because I think he gives a fairly accurate and balanced analysis.

Kelly I could take or leave though. Give me Ken Wilson any day.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

cardsfan04 wrote:
thedoc wrote:I do have to admit they are spot on in regards to Kelly and Panger though.
Agree to a point. When Pang isn't saying "Holy Jumpin" or "He gave him the old 9 of hearts" I enjoy listening to him because I think he gives a fairly accurate and balanced analysis.

Kelly I could take or leave though. Give me Ken Wilson any day.
See this is why I didn't take you to the game. You don't know when to quit while your ahead.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

My problem with Panger is he often gets off subject and then ignores the action on the ice.

I really enjoy it when Mike Shannon does it with baseball......but there is no such thing as 'action' in baseball.

When one subject and not trying to be witty.....Pang and Kelley are fine (just not Ken and Joe)

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Oz-iz-God
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Oz-iz-God »

I was also surprised to learn that we lack team speed.

That's a new one to me. As near as I can tell, this is one of the best skating teams in the league. Hell, even our 'goon' is a better skater than most goons. We guys like McDonald that are simply lightening, but then we also have some bigger guys like Backes and Berglund that can move, as well as Oshie and Vodka, who aren't big guys, but play a large game and are plus skaters. Hell, even the D-men are a good group. Polak and Jax are probably the worst, but as far as D-men go, they're even solid skaters (Jax can actually move when he wants to).

This squad has great team speed.

In summation - opposing fans are largely very ignorant when it comes to the St. Louis Blues.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

DaDitka wrote:
I really enjoy it when Mike Shannon does it with baseball......
I like listening to him when he is drunk. Of course I like listening to him when I'm drunk.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

From my perspective, Chicago's perspective can continue to suck it.

If you ain't the lead dog, the view doesn't really change. Their view hasn't changed for a while. Difference is they like the smell.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

cardsfan04 wrote:Give me Ken Wilson any day.
++

Wilson and Panger would be a winning combo, something tells me they'd have the mojo of Ken and Joe from way back.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Jackman5
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman5 »

HockeyGuy73 wrote:Taken from:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1128341

I have had the crappiest day so far so I'm fully expecting a disappointing loss to round it out.

Hawks lose 3-0

Big shock to see all the negativity on this board again...

Score first and they will win. Blues can't really implement their system when trailing. Force their ****ing hands!

7-3 Hawks. Let's screw up that GAA average.

reading around these boards...anyone else find Blues fans really cocky now? They are having one good regular season.

Please dismantle hitchcock's robot army with no remorse. Hawk's 7-0.

Yes. But they have every right to be until their team fails, which as of today has not happened. Personally, I see the Blues flopping come springtime, unable to score when they need to... but we'll see.

Bollig squaring up on Reaves, he's outsized. Good luck, son.

Bollig won that one, nice intense fight and professional ending there at the end.

Blues score. They are controlling this game early on. BTW, Lepisto and Olsen are terrible!

Inevitable goal. The blues have basically been on the power play since the game started.

Blues commentary team is the most annoying ****ing pair in league history, I've decided.

There was a vote on best tandem and they actually were 3rd...the more you know.

So screaming and crowing with all the unrestrained glee of Rosie O'Donnell falling into a cake factory is popular and professional?

Give me a break.

lol. They are absolutely terrible. Especially Panger. One of the worst in the league easily. I watch a ton of Blues games so I know how truly awful they are.

1-0 Blues
Great, now we can watch the most boring hockey ever.

My god what I wouldn't give for Stalberg to have hands.

I think we are going to get curb stomped in this one fellas. Blues are just too tough for the Hawks.

Looks like men vs boys out there... Embarrissing

The blues don't even look like they're trying to play defense and the hawks can't get through.

Man a Blues v Preds playoff series could be brutal to watch if they finish 4/5

Sharp... wtf.

How does that not go in?

jesus christ! i was up in arms....before slowly lowering them in shame

Keith blows, as does the power play.

Does any player in the NHL fumble the puck on passes, stickhandling and everything else more than Keith? Don't think it is possible.

Perron throws Seabs down like a little girl

Hopefully that wakes the Hawks up

Hawks seriously look drunk

Dirty play by Oshie
How the **** is that not a penalty??????? ****ing ********

The Blues play hockey like I play Mario Kart
Every little bump counts

What ******** elbow from Oshie and Seabrook goes off. ****ing terrible.

why the **** wasn't that a penalty on oshie? he threw his arm up directly at kane's head for one and kane was also nowhere near in that puck. ********

This game is a circus.

Refs+Blues take the lead

2-0.
It's only going to get worse. Team is pretty clearly outmatched offensively.

C'mon. Seriously. The Blues look bigger, faster and more skilled to this point. I get cheering for the home team but lets not get blinded in the process.

2-0 Blues after 1

Hawks being outplayed and manhandled

I would give anything to have John Scott in this game to just beat the living hell out of Backes.

Hossa is playing like a little punk that doesn't want anything to do with this physical game.

I'm not sure how much more I can tolerate St. Louis coming out on top over Chicago teams. There are fewer fans more smug and that radiate entitlement than those that reside in St. Louis. And sadly the majority of their major fan base lives in Illinois.

Blues have a great D with some real nice young talent

That is big key to there success. They robbed Avs IMO when they traded EJ for Shattenkirk

Shattenkirk is better player now and in future

Yeah, Blues are a good team. This is not the same kind of team as the Preds that we beat in 2010. This Blues team isn't an offensive juggernaut, but they do have a lot more talent at F in guys like Backes, McDonald, Perron, and Oshie. They are a pretty deep team, especially at D and in goal. Playing them in 1st rd could definitely gas the team and you could definitely lose a few bodies in a 7 game series against the Blues.

On a lighter note...I just programmed my Iphone 4s to call me 'Beergod' from now on...

IMO Blues would be brutal matchup for who ever gets them

If that is case I think both teams beat each other up pretty good in 7 game series (Low scoring) and that who ever gets them in 2nd round will take them out

Reaves to the box. Time for another 2 minutes of no shots on goal and the hawks skating around their own zone.

Reaves....what a ****. Awful hit. That is just ********.

lol Reeves is a punk.

Wow what a god awful embarrassment of a PP the Hawks have

Sobotka SH goal ,,,, Brutal D

3-0 Blues

That's the game. I'm done.

divisional game on the road and you can't even get up to play it? What the hell is wrong with these stiffs?

Disagree that the Hawks don't match up well with the Blues. I just can't see their success continuing in the playoffs.

They remind me of the Phoenix Coyotes of the last 2 years. Once teams match their intensity they are simply outmatched. Coyotes have gotten knocked out the 1st round even with their solid record and Blues will be the same IMO. I think any team beats the Blues except maybe Dallas or LA if they make it.

Fire Quenneville!

Game over. I was hopeful they would come out of the locker room with some fire, but they somehow quit even harder. Totally gave up.

this is a spot where id love for q to call a random timeout to just chew the **** out of the entire team. there is no energy or focus out there right now.

Tons of great young talent on the Blues with tremendous goaltending. I think they have a brighter future than we do.

If it looks like the team has no energy, it's cause the Blues suck it right out of a team.

Not to mention they are freakin stocked with high end propects. At least 3 of which are top level guys

They have better top end talent with Shwartz and Tarasenko but we do have a deeper pool. None of their forwards will be as good as Kane, Toews, Hossa though.

lepisto with a leg/ankle injury. Fine by me, he's been terrible.

I know I'm not supposed to, but I like the Blues team, just not when we play them.

Blues just dominating in every facet of game

The Story of the night is the Lone Blackhawk Indian trying to wrestle a GIANT BLUE BEAR!

Man I am getting sleepy ,, Blues suck the life out of games

Hawks need a faster transition/breakout game to expose the Blue's lack of speed....not even close to happening

Polak is the most underated dman in NHL

impressed with st louis's overall game. solid d, good forward support, solid goal tending.

Hawks too PP ,, Please decline it

This is one of those games you need to just throw puck on net because Blues aren't letting you set anything up

Hossa is drunk. Has to be.

I'm actually laughing the Hawks look so bad.

Blues announcers just said we have 2 SOG in all 4 PPs. Is that even possible?

If the Blues are boring assome say, i wish we were more boring. They are just outworking, outhitting, outskating, outeverythinging the Hawks. Looking at the standings makes me think this isnt some fluke Blues game

I never thought I'd say it but I miss Carcillo in a game like this.

Tip your cap to the Blues.

Right when I'm about to shut the computer down, and get some much needed sleep... they pull me back in.

We definitely put the "special" in special teams.

This offensive "system" sucks. Why the hell do you send all three forwards below the goal line, when most of your d-men can't get the puck on net consistently? So nobody's in scoring position most of the time. Fire Quenneville!

Hey, HG73--why were you banned at http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10 ?

stlblues1226 has picked slack, but many of us are wondering where you went.

BTW, good stuff. As usual.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I don't mind John Kelly at all. He gets a lot of hate because he looks like a deer in headlights, but he's fine. He's just not his old man.

I will have to say that every time he says "stretch pass" I want to punch something.

Panger is entertaining.... a real personality on the air.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

goon attack wrote:I don't mind John Kelly at all. He gets a lot of hate because he looks like a deer in headlights, but he's fine. He's just not his old man.

I will have to say that every time he says "stretch pass" I want to punch something.

Panger is entertaining.... a real personality on the air.
I like Panger.
Kelly is ok. It bothers me for some reason how when a shot goes wide, for some reason he insists on trying to say exactly how far wide it was, "he missed by 3 inches", "he missed by 6 inches"...but it's never, ever that close. If you replay it, it was more like a couple feet. Dunno...just kind of annoys me.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO

sparty09
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by sparty09 »

cprice12 wrote:It's just fans whining about their team being dominated.
They are lashing out.

What they should be saying is that the Blues make THEIR TEAM boring to watch because the Blues shut them down. And, uh...that is the object of the game, right?

The Blues aren't getting 18 shots on net and winning games 2-1, they usually get 30-40 shots on net and win 2-1. They generate tons of chances, play very physical, are a very quick team and have some young exciting players on offense, defense and in net that are fun to watch. The quality chances are there, the excitement is there, and they seem to get the goals when they need them, they just don't finish around the net as much as they probably should based on the number of chances they get.

Opposing fans saying this Blues team is "boring" is just them being bitter, jealous and ignorant.
Exactly. What are the Blues supposed to do to make things more interesting? Let opposing teams take more shots? Let them score more? Just not play their game at all? It's ridiculous and a bunch of sour grapes.