Blues will play Sharks in Round 1

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Who wins and how many games?

Blues in 4
5%
Blues in 5
34%
Blues in 6
46%
Blues in 7
7%
Sharks in 4
No votes
Sharks in 5
2%
Sharks in 6
2%
Sharks in 7
2%

Total votes: 41

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues will play Sharks in Round 1

Post by kodos »

STLADOGG wrote:So I see that the Blues will be on CNBC, does that mean no FSMW?
I think that's national coverage. NBC is trying to cover all the games and what won't be on the channel formerly known as VS will be on CNBC. Those should be blacked out for us, and the games should be on FSMW.

Should be. Who knows. We could get ****ed and end up watching them on channel 3 or something in standard def.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

kodos wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:So I see that the Blues will be on CNBC, does that mean no FSMW?
I think that's national coverage. NBC is trying to cover all the games and what won't be on the channel formerly known as VS will be on CNBC. Those should be blacked out for us, and the games should be on FSMW.

Should be. Who knows. We could get ****ed and end up watching them on channel 3 or something in standard def.
What I've read is that all games will be nationally televised. However, for at least the first round (And it may only be the first round), the Blues will be on FSMW. So for those of us who get FSMW, the game on the national channel will be blacked out, and we'll be stuck with JK and Panger.

After the first round, all games will be nationally televised, no local feeds.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Here's an article that backs up the last post: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 74006.html

It's written by this guy:

The Blues will be in the playoffs for only the second time in eight seasons when the Stanley Cup tournament begins next week and the way it is being televised will be unlike ever before.

NBC and its cable branches, NBC Sports Network and CNBC — along with NHL Network — will combine to show all games live nationally in the United States, something that never has happened before. That's the result of the 10-year deal NHL entered last spring with the NBC Sports Group, an arrangement in which the league gets no traditional rights fee and instead the organizations share expenses and revenues.

In the past locally produced telecasts had been permitted in the first two rounds, with the networks taking over after that. But part of the new deal is that local telecasts (such as Blues games on Fox Sports Midwest) now are allowed only in the first round. The national version is blacked out in the markets of the teams playing in favor of the local coverage, although there is a caveat that remains from the old deal — if NBC picks a first-round game to show over-the air (KSDK, Channel 5 here), local outlets such as FSM can't also carry the contest.

DOUBLE DUTY

Because Fox Sports Midwest also shows many Cardinals games, it will utilize its additional channel, FSM Plus, when the Blues and baseball overlap.

And FSM general manager Jack Donovan said in those instances viewers probably will see the Blues on the main channel and baseball on the Plus outlet.

"The Cardinals recognize the importance of Blues playoff games, and we appreciate the flexibility,'' Donovan said.

No such conflicts are likely next week, because the Cardinals have a lot of day games — and if the Blues play a weekend afternoon game, it likely would be on Channel 5, but there are several overlapping situations possible the following week. (The Blues playoff schedule is to be released on Sunday.)

On radio, KMOX (1120 AM) has the local rights to the Cardinals and Blues, and stations operations manager Steve Moore said a decision has not yet been made on which broadcast would be sent to KEZK (102.5 FM) if there is overlap.

"It will be looked at on a case-by-case basis,'' Moore said.

NUMBERS GAME

Fox Sports Midwest's Blues telecasts, with one remaining, have been seen in an average of 3.5 percent of area homes this season, up 14 percent from FSM's previous record of 3.1 that was set last season. But that's far off figures in the 6 range the Blues drew in the late '90s when they were on over-the-air TV, something the team dropped three seasons ago.

BIRDS BIZ

Fox Sports Midwest begins its run today of the approximately 150 Redbirds games it will show this season, and plans to have all three men in its announcer-rotation system in the booth.

Dan McLaughlin has the play-by-play assignment, with Al Hrabosky and Rick Horton providing analysis. That lineup also is scheduled for the home opener, on April 13, but for other games it will be a two-man combination in the booth.

Today's game is set to start at 3:10 p.m. and FSM has scheduled a program at 12:30 that looks back at the team's miraculous run last September to make the playoffs, then begins its pregame programming at 2 p.m.

And the Birds already are off to a roaring start in the ratings game. The Nielsen Co. reports that their opener, on Wednesday in Miami and shown by ESPN, was seen in 15.9 percent of homes in the market with a TV. That's the second-best rating for a Cards first game in this century.

The high mark, 17.6 in 2007, was in prime time on a Sunday — traditionally the most-watched night in television — and was the home opener as the team celebrated its World Series title from the previous fall.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... z1rXro3v2T

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

May be a little hard to read, but if anyone cares, here are the prediction from ESPN.com.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:May be a little hard to read, but if anyone cares, here are the prediction from ESPN.com.

Here's the link:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/st ... erts-picks

Nice to see almost everyone picking the Predators. I'm in the same boat. Nashville should win this series.

It's odd, since the Blues have dominated San Jose all season long...only allowing 3 goals against in 4 games and going 4-0-0 vs. them this year. Everyone expects a long 6 or 7 game series, with three folks picking San Jose to actually win it. I think folks are still unsure of the Blues and what they can do....and rightfully so I guess.
Honestly, with how the Blues are capable of playing and how they have played against San Jose this year, the Blues should win this in 5.
Take the first two at home, split in San Jose and then win it back here in game 5. That is what SHOULD happen.

In the East's 2 v 7 seed, everyone picked Boston in and a handful think it will only go 5 games...even though Boston finished with fewer points than St. Louis and is only 1-1-2 vs. Washington this year. I guess being the defending cup champion makes folks think they can ramp up their play now.

This is going to be fun. :letsgoblues: :goblues:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

"The Cardinals recognize the importance of Blues playoff games...'' Donovan said.
:shock:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

cprice12 wrote:In the East's 2 v 7 seed, everyone picked Boston in and a handful think it will only go 5 games...even though Boston finished with fewer points than St. Louis and is only 1-1-2 vs. Washington this year. I guess being the defending cup champion makes folks think they can ramp up their play now.
Neuvirth and Vokoun are both injured. Neuvirth is expected to miss 7-10 days which puts Braden Holtby in net for the first three game against the Bruins. With the Bruins balanced scoring and solid defensive play - until recently when they struggled in March (9-7-1), they should handle the Capitals in short order. Remember the Caps turn into a crappy team it seems every year when the playoffs start.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Just to show proof of FSMW showing the games.
http://blues.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=78292
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Tickets for game 3 in SJ acquired. HOLLER.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote: Everyone expects a long 6 or 7 game series, with three folks picking San Jose to actually win it. I think folks are still unsure of the Blues and what they can do....and rightfully so I guess.

I think a bit of it has to do with how poorly they played the last month. That said, on the NHL Network schedule release show they all 3 picked the Note.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Philo
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Philo »

It would be nice if they don't do a one and out after the way they have played this year
"Philo can stalk with impunity"Goon Attack

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote: Everyone expects a long 6 or 7 game series, with three folks picking San Jose to actually win it. I think folks are still unsure of the Blues and what they can do....and rightfully so I guess.

I think a bit of it has to do with how poorly they played the last month. That said, on the NHL Network schedule release show they all 3 picked the Note.
So your saying we shall lose then? :cry:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Blues in 3.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Well Bobby Holik says we cant win... Scott Ferrall agrees.. we have 'been playing above our level all season'

Yup, :cup: :D
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

I think a lot of the votes for the Blues winning is wishful thinking. I mean, I absolutely want the Blues to win. I voted without bias. Just imagine you are placing a bet of $1000 on your vote - would you still vote for the Blues?
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

sseagle wrote:Well Bobby Holik says we cant win... Scott Ferrall agrees.. we have 'been playing above our level all season'

Yup, :cup: :D
That's a stupid comment.
If you "play above your level" all season, ins't that your level?
How long does a team have to play at an elite level before that is considered their level?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

KPFBlue
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KPFBlue »

cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:May be a little hard to read, but if anyone cares, here are the prediction from ESPN.com.

In the East's 2 v 7 seed, everyone picked Boston in and a handful think it will only go 5 games...even though Boston finished with fewer points than St. Louis and is only 1-1-2 vs. Washington this year. I guess being the defending cup champion makes folks think they can ramp up their play now.
Or it could be because ESPN is based out of New England.
Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart

sparty09
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by sparty09 »

Brett Hull predicted on Twitter that the Blues would win 6. Sounds about right to me.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

xbleed83bluex wrote:Just imagine you are placing a bet of $1000 on your vote - would you still vote for the Blues?
In two seconds. Any takers? 8)
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

gaijin wrote:Blues in 3.
Like.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko